A hobbit is Learning..Thanks be to God.

Thread: A hobbit is Learning..Thanks be to God.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries

A hobbit is Learning..Thanks be to God.

I am learning, this has a lesson.. Not sure where to start. There is a hidden forgotten society..
    I am Blessed in wondrous ways. As I am learning many are not.
    There are people in places like where I am that have NO one. That are NOT cared for..
    My resources are rather limited, and heck I can't even walk or use my hands without Great pain, but Our Lord willing I will heal.
    And the amazing Blessings from many here at SOH are beyond anything I would have expected, the gofundme account for me is a example, and I and Grateful in a extreme and prayerful for all who have shown me this kindness..
    As I am learning there are many who are not Blessed as well as I am.
    There is a 100 year old black lady here who has not had a visit in decades, nor anyone to care. Just one of many.
    This is truly Heartbreaking to me..And there are so many more here and I am sure now in many other places like this that suffer alone.
    Someone needs to help, heck I am a poor man but rich in Blessings compared to many here..And even with my very limited resources I am determined to find a way to help.
    I am hopeful that a church or one of the pastors I know and work with will learn of these needs, and act. I am going to use whatever stings I can pull as I continue my walk in life to find a way.
    Yea that is a BIG statement, but this crazy Hobbit never has not held to my word.. I am not some Great Hero or saint, and I am limited by my resources..
    And still I will try..
    Yea, I sound like some soft-hearted fool to some perhaps but how we care for those who are less fortunate is what matters most by my faith in Christ as I have learned.
    I am truly blessed, even as I type with with Great pain, but so many more are not.
    I am Grateful for the love and Kindness My Brothers and Sisters Here at SOH have shown to me, and will try to pass this along even if in only as small way
    I just wanted to expose what I am learning to the many here that may not realize this.
    Hobbit rant, is over, Thank you ALL for your kindness and friendship here..

Upon your own journey your eyes have witnessed the very basic needs of those around us. A simple smile, greeting or act of support is so important for each of us to do. Your words say it all! A great way to start my Sunday HouseHobbit reading this. May the Lord heal you in every way!

Jim
    Jetline system
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Intel(R) Core (TM)i7-4790k cpu 4.00GHz
    8.00 GB 64-bit Operating System
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980

We see it time and again throughout life that a life-changing event for one has such an impact on the lives of others. May you heal well and give of yourself in support of others in desperate need of love, friendship and caring.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Hi HH.

My wife is a hospice nurse.

Every day she goes to nursing facilities to care for people (usually very elderly), for the sole purpose of rendering comfort to the terminally ill. Half of her patients are dementia patients, the rest suffering from everything from broken bodies, ALS, to cancer. That's the job. She's not going to cure them, but to simply make their remaining time more comfortable. She can only spend an hour with each person. Hospice is almost entirely funded by Medicare, and the rules are quite strict as to the conditions for paying for hospice... but in a word, the condition must be hopeless.

My wife makes about $13 an hour, and she gets reimbursed for her mileage. Most hospice nurses receive about $9 per hour. Her duties will range from tending wounds, bathing patients, and changing soiled clothing. Sometimes, in better facilities, she simply is there to talk to the patient, and perhaps hold their hands, and the care-givers at those good facilities do their work properly.

It is obvious your facility is not a good facility. I hope you can get out of there, and get some loving care.

My point, is there are people who help the down-trodden. Some simply do it as volunteers. Some, like my wife, have made it a profession. Get yourself well first. Then check out volunteer work at facilities. Even the poor nursing homes need help. Sometimes just holding a patients hand or lending an ear to their troubles will be enough. It's tough work, as you'll be constantly bathed in sorrow.

My wife is a saint.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I was not sure how all of this would be taken here, but I am Grateful for the support from my Brothes and Sisters here at SOH and realize we are a amazing family here.
    I am touched deeply by the kindness so many hav shown to me, and i am going to try to pass along this kindness, It will several months before I myself can even begin to work towards helping the many I have learned need a kindness shown to them but I shall do my best..
    Thanks to ALL for the support and kindness shown to me..
    God bless, and Know I hold you in my prayers..

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Your are a inspiration to me Hobbit. Thank you for setting myself straight in what really matters. Thanks and God Bless You.

Members who have read this thread: 1