Old AI tool

Thread: Old AI tool

Old AI tool

I'm slowly getting my fs9 back to how I had before my long hiatus. I'm currently working on AI traffic and looking for a simple tool I used before. It wasn't fancy, it just created general aviation AI flights in a general area. The user would then put these into the flightplan text file for Traffic Tools to compile. I've looked at the AI tools at avsim, etc and can't find the one I'm thinking of. Anyone remember that app and know where I might find it?

- dcc
    - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lane Street View Post
    Thanks, unfortunately that's not the one. Though, of the ones I have tried in recent days, that one may be the one I end up using.

- dcc
    - -

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Easiest app I ever found for FS9 traffic. I must have written several thousand AI flight plans with it.

http://www.spacejock.com/yRoute.html

ttools is better for decompling or compiling the traffic.bgl files. But yRoute makes the actual writing of the flight plan super simple.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Dave and Willy thanks for the replies. I have TTools for de-compiling/compiling the three control files. The tool I used to use would create a text file of new flight plans that one would paste into the flightplan text file used in TTools.

I found several flightplan text files in my archives for airports in my area that I made with this tool, so I remember using it at one time. Oh well, I'm starting to play around with GA Traffic now and will take a look at yRoute too.

- dcc
    - -

It sounds like you're talking about yRoute. I use it to make the text files and then use Ttools ro compile/decompile. yRoute will compile/decompile, but it occassionally has issues with that which is the only thing I ever found about it that I didn't like.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Why not try AIFP?
    Works for all versions of MSFS.

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 0