Strange Ocurrance Question

Thread: Strange Ocurrance Question

Strange Ocurrance Question

I went into BPF to fly the mission involving the Privateer after getting the necessary files from Uncle Tgt.

My Hellcat is starting from a position about 50 feet trailing HMS Indomitable instead of on its flight deck.
    I have changed nothing other than the Privateer, yet no matter what, I cannot start from the flight deck of any carrier except HMS Victorious.
    I changed my take off position to each of the other carriers and each time the aircraft is sitting on the ocean surface behind the carriers, except for HMS Victorious.

I am going to look at the ship config and see if somehow the take off position got changed on the other carriers to a massive minus (-) number........

Anyone else ever have this happen?

PS
    Just checked ALL of the VN carriers and ALL are the same take off position of -70.........which has been working fine until now.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

...CFS2 MB is puzzling sometimes...

Maybe a take-off position offset error caused by overwriting the mission file multiple times?

Do you get the same error now if you create a completely new mission, or just the Privateer mission?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Maybe a take-off position offset error caused by overwriting the mission file multiple times?

Do you get the same error now if you create a completely new mission, or just the Privateer mission?
    Hmmm,

I don't know.
    I'll check and let you know.

Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

When I fly in CFS2 versus CFS2 MB it is perfect.

It only happens on that mission and only in MB prior to me flying it in the regular program.

Once I flew it in the regular program it now also works in MB like it is supposed to work.

I have NO CLUE as to what happened or why: CFS2 gremlins.......
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

DD73 I feel your pain - How awesome could CFS2 have been had they actually finished the Mission Builder properly...?

So often flying straight from MB gives you fits, whereas exiting & flying the same thing from within CFS2 is just fine - go figure indeed.

Another Question

Anyone know how to stop our AI bombers from continually losing altitude until they just drop into the sea?

The Privateer is not shot up, I have it flying at 5,000 feet and maxed out 270 knots from spawning to landing on a field.
    Yet, it is spawned at 5,000 feet but is flying on a descending flight path until it drops into the ocean.

This is not the first AI bomber I have had do this.

Any ideas to keep this from happening. Its survival is one of my goals.
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Hi Devildog73,

Have you tried replacing the AIR FILE?

Regards,
    B24Guy

Your next to last waypoint - the last before the landing waypoint - should be just a short distance from the field and at set at some altitude. In my experience I have noted that the bombers will continually descend towards ground level from the next to last waypoint to the landing waypoint.

If the next to last waypoint is some distance away from the field the bombers will descend until they are just above the ground a long way from the field and try to fly that way all the way back to the base. Sometimes they will fly into the ground before they reach the field. The farther away from the field the more often they will crash it seemed to me.

If you use a next to last waypoint set very close to the landing waypoint, the bombers will stay at the altitude you set for that waypoint on the way back to base until they descend on final for landing.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Quote Originally Posted by The B24 Guy View Post
    Hi Devildog73,

Have you tried replacing the AIR FILE?

Regards,
    B24Guy
    Yes,
    Uncle Tgt gave me a new air file, which stopped the CTD upon spawning.

I am going to try taking it beyond where my BPF fighters leave it and having the crew bail out at 5,000 feet and see if that keeps it up in the air.
    Of course that will require that I remove the MUST SURVIVE as a goal for that aircraft.........
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Your next to last waypoint - the last before the landing waypoint - should be just a short distance from the field and at set at some altitude. In my experience I have noted that the bombers will continually descend towards ground level from the next to last waypoint to the landing waypoint.

If the next to last waypoint is some distance away from the field the bombers will descend until they are just above the ground a long way from the field and try to fly that way all the way back to the base. Sometimes they will fly into the ground before they reach the field. The farther away from the field the more often they will crash it seemed to me.

If you use a next to last waypoint set very close to the landing waypoint, the bombers will stay at the altitude you set for that waypoint on the way back to base until they descend on final for landing.
    Captain K,
    I already did that. I have them landing at Clark in the Philippines with the next to the last WP at 5,000 feet.
    The aircraft starts its descent at the spawning and never maintains speed nor altitude for any of its 5 WPs of 5,000 feet.

Maybe I'll try spawning, at speed and altitude, put WP2 just before Clark, and land at WP3.

Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog73 View Post
    Yes,
    Uncle Tgt gave me a new air file, which stopped the CTD upon spawning.

I am going to try taking it beyond where my BPF fighters leave it and having the crew bail out at 5,000 feet and see if that keeps it up in the air.
    Of course that will require that I remove the MUST SURVIVE as a goal for that aircraft.........
    Lee, I think you mean mdl file, that stops the CTD.

It does seem like the airfile needs to be looked at...I'll get my worktop cleared ...

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Lee, I think you mean mdl file, that stops the CTD.

It does seem like the airfile needs to be looked at...I'll get my worktop cleared ...
    Thanks my friend...
    As you can tell, aircraft files are not my strong suit.

I have modified air files with AirEd only as to the gallons of fuel stored in fuel tanks when the model in CFS2 is incorrect.
    Other than that, I have no idea what any of the other lines in an air file do, let alone how to modify them.

I can modify a DP in an aircraft, but only per guidance from others.
    The only real mods in dp's I have done is change a .50 cal from wussie .30 cal levels to a more appropriate .50 cal damage profile of just under a 20mm shell. I think all of my .50 cals have a damage profile of 18 or 18.4.

I once changed the bomb mounting on some aircraft to use larger drop tanks later in the war and had to play with the + and - numbers to make the tanks look right.

Then, I have changed the location of pilots and gunners.

I have no idea how to modify an mdl.

Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog73 View Post
    Captain K,
    I already did that. I have them landing at Clark in the Philippines with the next to the last WP at 5,000 feet.
    The aircraft starts its descent at the spawning and never maintains speed nor altitude for any of its 5 WPs of 5,000 feet.

Maybe I'll try spawning, at speed and altitude, put WP2 just before Clark, and land at WP3.

Lee
    In that case it has to be underpowered or overwieight - or both. Too much drag could also contribute. With UncleTgt looking at the airfile, I'm sure that it will get cleared up.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Members who have read this thread: 0