Ant's Winjeel released!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ant's Winjeel released!

Ant's Winjeel released!

The demo is available but it's not actually for sale yet according to his website, but it seems to be up at Simmarket
    http://www.antsairplanes.com/index.html
    I've only had a quick look at it but the vc in particular looks extremely good - so does the exterior come to think of it!
    Haven't tried to fly it yet.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

This cockpit....... (not of model for sure) looks awful !!!

Nice details ! Thx for this info.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I like the cockpit , I think it is wonderful , as is the rest of the aircraft .

It's a delight to fly , and Aero's are nice and easy to do in it .

Well worth getting .

Cheers
    Karol

Yes a brilliant aircraft and great fun to fly.Flight dynamics are great and aerobatics wonderful fun.

Cheers Chris

A few screen captures

For those of you who like to fly at night here's a couple night time screen captures. Also attached is an external view of the smoke canister effect.

RD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails winjeelvc5.jpg   winjeelvc4.jpg   ext1.jpg  

Have waited for this one with great anticipation and it does not disappoint. I want to buy it this very instant please.

Like the T28 series which I absolutely love, and not surprisingly for Ant, the workmanship and attention to detail are over the top. I will be spending many hours in this aircraft.

Sticky?

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Everytime I see this, I decide to stop developing.

Great great modelling, no joke!
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutcheeseblend View Post
    Everytime I see this, I decide to stop developing.

Great great modelling, no joke!
    Please, no !

As soon as it's available for sale we'll stickie it
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

It's available now at Simmarket, just got it. Apart from the fact this superb work ticks all the boxes for me, it really is a great deal for the asking price. Very high quality/price ratio.

Are there any major differences between the Winjeel and the Percival Provost? There's a guy in Culpepper, Virigina who owns a Provost that I've seen fly. I might try to make a repaint of it for myself if the two aircraft are similar enough..

I'm really liking it! How do you get the sound to work?

Dick

Interestingly, the main subject aircraft of this product, Winjeel A85-429, used to be based/flown in California from 2006 till 2009 (the one and only Winjeel to ever be operated in the Northern Hemisphere), then registered N107PJ. The aircraft was however exported back to Australia in 2009, where it has since been flying as VH-OJP.

OMG!!!

I have been waiting sooo long for this bird! Now today at work is going to be the longest day (for me) in history!

Can not wait to get home to download her!

Thank you Ant.

Cheers,
    Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by sidler View Post
    I'm really liking it! How do you get the sound to work?

Dick
    Same issue here in P3Dv3. Get all of the clicks and wind but no engine sounds.

Sent an an email concerning the sounds. Otherwise it's a fabulous offering.

Some additional facts/details about the Commonwealth Winjeel and real-world operation:

-Winjeel is Aboriginal for "young eagle".
    -It was found that during the evaluations of the early Winjeel design, it didn't want to spin. For their training purposes, the RAAF needed an aircraft that would spin, so CAC had to make some design changes just to satisfy that requirement, leading to the production CA-25, first flying in February 1955.
    -The aircraft is stressed for and capable of most aerobatics, with the exception of sustained inverted flight, snap rolls, and outside loops. Those who have flown both the AT-6 and the Winjeel say that when it comes to aerobatics, the Winjeel is every bit as good as the AT-6, and that the Winjeel is perhaps even better than the AT-6 in this regard, with better control response and aerobatic ability.
    -As of 2009, approximately 25 Winjeels were privately owned and flown regularly (Anthony mentions that there are 30 currently on the Australian civil register).
    -Although originally manufactured with three seats, a number of the examples flying today have been modified to include a fourth seat, for even better practicality (which you can't get with an AT-6).
    -Cruises at 125 knots, tracks well on takeoff/landing due to reasonably wide undercarriage, and boasts great control harmony.
    -A quirk of the aircraft's flight handling is that when side-slipping, the nose wants to drop as the wing is blanking out the elevator.
    -With full emergency flaps deployed, if you enter a spin, it can become unrecoverable, but if you can get the flaps up, a recovery can be made.
    -Takeoff is made at 33-in MP and 2,300 RPM. At 40-kts, the tail is brought up and some right rudder is required to keep the aircraft straight down the runway. It comes off the ground at 60-kts and climbs at 85-kts and 1,500 fpm. (Max power of 37-in MP can be attained on takeoff, but is not needed.)
    -On approach, the first notch of flaps comes down at 100-kts, and 90-kts becomes the target once trimmed out. At around 85-90-kts, landing flaps are selected and the airspeed is kept at 75-80-kts over the threshold for a wheel landing - 65-70-kts over the threshold for a three-pointer. If you use the emergency flap setting, you really have to get the nose down because it will come out of the sky like a ton of bricks.
    -Economy cruise for a cross-country flight can be established at 26-in MP and 1,800 RPM (burning just shy of 20 gph), which should get you about 120-kts. A higher cruise setting of 28-in MP and 2,000 RPM will get you about 135-kts.
    -The aircraft stalls at around 53-kts, without much warning, but it will break straight-ahead as long as you're coordinated (any wing drop just depends on where the ball is at).

Quote Originally Posted by ksheadley View Post
    Same issue here in P3Dv3. Get all of the clicks and wind but no engine sounds.

Sent an an email concerning the sounds. Otherwise it's a fabulous offering.
    I noticed the same... but it isn't demo feature?

About the sound.

The Winjeel uses a custom sound system which largely bypasses the FSX sound system. This of course increases the likelihood of something going wrong.

You can set the Winjeel to use the default FSX sound system.

Shift+3 to show the Animation Manager
    Select Preferences tab in the top right.
    Select page 3 and untick the 3 boxes that start with "Use custom ..."
    Click SAVE in the lower left
    Either load another aircraft and then reload the Winjeel or ideally restart the sim for the change to take effect.

I'd like to know why some people don't get any sound though so if you could check what sound device you are using that would be nice. In P3D this is Menu - Options - Settings - Sound - Primary Playback Device.
    In FSX this is Settings - Sound - Windows sound device - Sounds.
    Also if you could tell me the OS you are using.

Thank you.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Been waiting for this one for a long time. Downloading it as I type.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Only a small comment. This is the FAC version, the ones used by 1 BFTS (RAAF) for pilot training had full dual controls and flight instrumentation. Good to see this aircraft making it into the sim world I am sure lots of people will want it.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​A good reason for those who have the ORBX YSTW airport to purchase this aircraft.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Only a small comment. This is the FAC version, the ones used by 1 BFTS (RAAF) for pilot training had full dual controls and flight instrumentation. Good to see this aircraft making it into the sim world I am sure lots of people will want it.
    There are four different models included - those being "normal modern" and "normal vintage", and "FAC modern" and "FAC vintage", with cockpit differences that separate these four apart - all of them have full dual controls, but with different panel layouts and other cockpit details (the "normal vintage" cockpit, for instance, has the full flight instrumentation across the panel, as you describe). Also, for instance, the "normal modern" cockpit has 4 seats, rather than the stock original 2 or 3 seats, as a number of the restored examples flying today have been modified from 3 seats to 4 seats for better use of the space available.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Some additional facts/details about the Commonwealth Winjeel and real-world operation:

-With full emergency flaps deployed, if you enter a spin, it can become unrecoverable, but if you can get the flaps up, a recovery can be made.

-On approach,the airspeed is kept at 75-80-kts over the threshold for a wheel landing - 65-70-kts over the threshold for a three-pointer. If you use the emergency flap setting, you really have to get the nose down because it will come out of the sky like a ton of bricks.
    Nice write-up of flight characteristics John.
    It would seem that using the emergency flap setting is fraught with risk. Why then have an emergency flap setting? And when would it be used?

And just as a by the by (for general information) I have my suspicions that 'Winjeel' may be one of those made up "Anglicised pseudo Aboriginal words". It doesn't appear in the Macquarie Dictionary Of Aboriginal Words, nor does it appear in Wagiman's, two of the most common Aboriginal dictionary's.
    Most importantly it's not listed in the AuSIL (Australian Society For Indigenous Languages), which lists words from the 12 most common Aboriginal languages.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Sorry to hear some are experiencing sound problems. Appears this may be P3D specific as the package installed flawlessly in my FSX-A and every feature worked great right out of the box, including sound.

Really hope this gets sorted as the custom sound engine is truly remarkable. Every touch of prop and throttle control yields an instant and entirely believable reaction within the sound engine,
    significantly adding to a sense of realism. The pitch changes and quality of the sound in general are really top notch.

Members who have read this thread: 0