Ant's Winjeel released! - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ant's Winjeel released!

Quote Originally Posted by anthony31 View Post
    Did you get a chance to check if there is a key assignment for "Joystick (on/off)"?

Check the keyboard control assignments in FSX (go to Settings/Control/ButtonsKeys in the FSX menu) and look for "Joystick (on/off)" under events. Check if there is a key or joystick button assigned to that command. It's possible your joystick may be sending a false trigger if there is a button assigned.

I'm still not sure what my aircraft could be doing that will be causing your controller to activate but FSX is a strange beast and can do strange things.

I will be doing another update before the end of this month. At the moment the things I will looking at tweaking are:

- Rudder trim centring
    - Sound when the canopy is open
    - Saving the tailwheel setting (locked or unlocked) when the user exits.
    - Exterior glass appearance
    - Prop disk transparency
    Hi
    I did check the controller assignments, there is no controller button assigned to it. I haven had any time to get back into FSX the last few days but will give it a good testing this weekend.
    By the way this is an excellent add on. Are they any repaints available?

Kind regards

Bob

Anthony,let me say thank you for this wonderful airplane.
    It is great,that you keep your prices on this level,even i am able to purchase your fabulous planes---i have them all and that is so much appreciated.
    Mike

My first repaint for this wonderful little aircraft:

I don't think the RNZAF ever had any Winjeels of their own, so I made one up! This one's based on the T-6 Harvard (NZ1078) based at Ardmore.

I'll upload the livery to OzX as soon as I think it's fully debugged.

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Very nice Adam! I'll be looking forward to this one when available. Nice aircraft for getting in and out of some of the challenging NZ strips actually. In fact I've also managed to do very well with it in the Orbx PNG experience Kokoda mountain strips. The CA-25 can be configured for some impressive STOL antics.

Any chance one of our talented artists out there could do a metallic aluminum livery? I think it would really suit this fine bird.

Terrific job there Adam. I'll await your upload. Actually what also caught my eye was the spectacular scenery in your first shot. What is that scenery?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz1 View Post
    Any chance one of our talented artists out there could do a metallic aluminum livery? I think it would really suit this fine bird.
    My next livery will probably be ZK-WNJ, which is predominantly aluminium, so I may have a go at a "clean" one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Terrific job there Adam. I'll await your upload. Actually what also caught my eye was the spectacular scenery in your first shot. What is that scenery?
    It's ORBX - around Milford Sound (FTX NZSI+NZMF) - a truly stunning area - that I have yet to visit in RL. Some of the best vegetation placement in the ORBX world is done in NZ, IMHO. It always looks so convincing.

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

I've just finished a repaint for Ant's CAC Winjeel (ZK-WJL). The only airworthy (I think) Winjeel in New Zealand:

It can be downloaded from OzX: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...injeel-zk-wjl/

The yellow NZ1078 livery is here: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...injeel-nz1078/

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020

Question for Anthony

I noticed that weights can be added for a copilot or passenger.

Does that mean they would be visible from the external view??

Cheers.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    I noticed that weights can be added for a copilot or passenger.

Does that mean they would be visible from the external view??

Cheers.
    Sorry, no extra models for passengers. There's a crap load of triangles already, about 328,000, in the model which is a hell of a lot of triangles so in the interests of maintaining framerates I left out the passengers. If it had have put in passengers it would have pushed the triangle count above 400,000.

For version 1.20 I will be adding 3 additional repaints. These will be

N107PJ (the USA registered VH-OPJ)
    A85-444 (VH-AGR) camouflage but not an FAC model and
    A85-404 (VH-CZE) yellowy/orangey nose, wing tips and tail

I had no real interest in this aeroplane, however, after reading this thread and having Ant's excellent Trojan series, I went ahead and got this little gem. Anthony, let me offer my congratulations for a model with a great character and a huge immersion factor!

For version 1.20 I will be adding 3 additional repaints. These will be

N107PJ (the USA registered VH-OPJ)
    A85-444 (VH-AGR) camouflage but not an FAC model and
    A85-404 (VH-CZE) yellowy/orangey nose, wing tips and tail
    Interesting!!! That's the same rego as ZK-WJL (before it got exported to NZ)!

Is VH-CZE actually A85-443 but painted up as 404?

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz1 View Post
    Work in progress. Just the SPEC textures to redo and I'll upload it to OzX!

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    Interesting!!! That's the same rego as ZK-WJL (before it got exported to NZ)!

Is VH-CZE actually A85-443 but painted up as 404?

Adam.
    Hello Adam,

A85-442 was the only Winjeel painted in what they called the "Flying Fanta Can" as an experimental training colour and to "fall in" with the new jet trainer the Macchi MB-326 as well as the CT-4.

A84-404 (ZK-WJL) was painted up as the Fanta Can (A85-443) after she landed in NZ.

I hope this helps.

p.s. Love your paints!

Edit: Yes VH-CZE was A85-443 but is painted up as A85-404...confused? Now VH-NTJ (A85-407) is painted up as A85-443 too....

Confused? Not half!! I'll just scrub off all the rego details and stick to bare metal paints!!

Here's the finished thing:

Download from OzX: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...-zk-wjl-shiny/

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020

This one's for Anthony, I think ...

I've searched through all the textures and can't find where these artefacts come from. They occur in all liveries, so I'm presuming they're in the model somewhere. Just rotate the aircraft around (relative to the light source) and you should see them.

This is in P3Dv3, with all combinations of dynamic lighting (settings), HDR and textures: alpha channels, SPEC, SPEC alpha. You name it, I've tried it! HELP!!

Adam.

EDIT: I installed the Winjeel (plus my liveries) into my semi-redundant FSX/DX10 system. All is OK there, so it looks like a P3D shaders problem.
    Last edited by Adamski_NZ; September 14th, 2016 at 04:14.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020

Just couldn't resist another radial.... the screenies look lovely... purchased at Simmarket and will DL and install tonight... to continue my Orbx World tour- Anchorage to Homer and beyond.... the visibility looks great in YT videos....

Are all the little niggles dealt with in the latest installer?

Carl

I do not know if this radio can operate as ADFreceiver
    The knob on the left allows you to select the ADF function, and frequency can be set to an NDB, but the HSI don't show nay indication.
    I 'm wrong?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ima1.jpg  

I can't find an ADF gauge on the panel. As far as I can see there is only a DI.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I think I have patched the sound problem. I had written some bad code for locating the sound files so the files weren't being found and loaded.

I've given these patches a quick test in FSX, FSX:SE and P3Dv3 and they seem to work. It's getting late now so I am going to bed but I will test them some more tomorrow morning and make full installers.

Just install the patch to the same location as you did with the main installer.

For the demo version:
    www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV102demopatch.zip

For the full version:
    www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV102patch.zip
    I can't get the engine sound to work in P3Dv3...tried the patch, redownloaded from vendor etc (i have the full aircraft). Works fine in FSX. Any ideas?

Hi
    How do you install this into P3d V3.2? I would like to install it with all my other add-ons which all go into F:/Prepar3DV3/ SimObjects/Airplanes/
    I cant have it on c:/ users etc as it is a relative small SSD with limited space.
    when ever I change the directory to F:/ I get a DOS box with some argument error.
    I tried using the P3Dv2 installer and changing the path to F:/Prepar3DV3. This installed OK but the compass and autopilot would not work.

I also have FSX on a different boot and it installed fine and the compass and autopilot worked fine, so I know how it should work

Thanks in advance if you can help

Quote Originally Posted by rlaycock View Post
    Hi
    How do you install this into P3d V3.2? I would like to install it with all my other add-ons which all go into F:/Prepar3DV3/ SimObjects/Airplanes/
    I cant have it on c:/ users etc as it is a relative small SSD with limited space.
    when ever I change the directory to F:/ I get a DOS box with some argument error.
    I tried using the P3Dv2 installer and changing the path to F:/Prepar3DV3. This installed OK but the compass and autopilot would not work.

I also have FSX on a different boot and it installed fine and the compass and autopilot worked fine, so I know how it should work

Thanks in advance if you can help
    Hi Bob ;-)

I had a few abortive attempts as the installer prompts for a folder but doesn't seem to pick up your SimObjects folder from P3D/registry. I took a look at what the batch file does and then did it in a manual way (sort of).

1) I [first] created a folder in P3Dv3 root called "3rd party".
    2) I then pointed the installer at that.
    3) The installer should create or add an entry to "add-ons.cfg" in Program Data\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3.
    4) If the installer doesn't create the correct folder structure in "3rd Party", the copy over from wherever it *did* install it. It should look like this:

3rd Party
    -- Ants Winjeel
    -- -- Content
    -- -- -- Effects
    -- -- -- Simobjects

It sounds barking mad to do all this, but the advantage is that you can enable/disable add-on aircraft installed in this manner via the P3D in-sim top menu (they show in "Add-ons"). Not that you'd ever want to disable the marvellous Winjeel!

My Winjeel seems to work fine from that location - with no gauges issues and with all sounds (hi Naki!!).

Adam.

EDIT: The ADI needs the "Gyro Insts" switched on to work.
    Last edited by Adamski_NZ; September 25th, 2016 at 07:05.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    Hi Bob ;-)

I had a few abortive attempts as the installer prompts for a folder but doesn't seem to pick up your SimObjects folder from P3D/registry. I took a look at what the batch file does and then did it in a manual way (sort of).

1) I [first] created a folder in P3Dv3 root called "3rd party".
    2) I then pointed the installer at that.
    3) The installer should create or add an entry to "add-ons.cfg" in Program Data\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3.
    4) If the installer doesn't create the correct folder structure in "3rd Party", the copy over from wherever it *did* install it. It should look like this:

3rd Party
    -- Ants Winjeel
    -- -- Content
    -- -- -- Effects
    -- -- -- Simobjects

It sounds barking mad to do all this, but the advantage is that you can enable/disable add-on aircraft installed in this manner via the P3D in-sim top menu (they show in "Add-ons"). Not that you'd ever want to disable the marvellous Winjeel!

My Winjeel seems to work fine from that location - with no gauges issues and with all sounds (hi Naki!!).

Adam.

EDIT: The ADI needs the "Gyro Insts" switched on to work.
    Thanks for the reply Adam
    I tried several times to install into F/: P3D_Adons but it always comes up with a DOS box and an error message about some invalid argument (As normal I did not take much notice of the message)

Never actually tried it in F/: P3D root however. I will give that a go tonight.
    Also thanks for the tip re the "Gyro Insts" switch. Perhaps this is on by default in my FSX install, so I never checked it when I installed into P3D V3 using the P3D v2 installer.
    Please note it installed ok using the P3D V2 option, (pointing to P3D V3 folder) All the sounds etc. worked but I had no ADI or autopilot. I will give that a go 1st tonight as it sounds easier that the other option.

Any idea why this one add-on does not want to install into P3DV3/Simobject/Airplanes/ like all the hundreds of other add-ons we have?

Thanks
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by rlaycock View Post
    Thanks for the reply Adam
    I tried several times to install into F/: P3D_Adons but it always comes up with a DOS box and an error message about some invalid argument (As normal I did not take much notice of the message)

Never actually tried it in F/: P3D root however. I will give that a go tonight.
    Also thanks for the tip re the "Gyro Insts" switch. Perhaps this is on by default in my FSX install, so I never checked it when I installed into P3D V3 using the P3D v2 installer.
    Please note it installed ok using the P3D V2 option, (pointing to P3D V3 folder) All the sounds etc. worked but I had no ADI or autopilot. I will give that a go 1st tonight as it sounds easier that the other option.

Any idea why this one add-on does not want to install into P3DV3/Simobject/Airplanes/ like all the hundreds of other add-ons we have?

Thanks
    Bob
    If there is an error message then it would help greatly if you would post it.

Why does it not want to install into P3DV3? Because Lockheed Martin said so. The question is why don't all the other add-ons follow Lockheed Martin's recommended distribution method? Trust me, it would have made my life a lot easier to just install it to the root folder but silly me decided to follow LM's direction.

Whatever you do, do not install the P3DV3 Winjeel into the root P3D folder. The file structure is different and this should not be done. If you want the Winjeel in the root P3D V3 folder then select the P3D V2 version and point the directory to the P3D V3 folder.

I will explain exactly what happens with the P3D V3 installer.

1. The install location will default to Documents/Prepar3D v3 addons
    2. You can change this to any location you like, just don't make it the root P3D folder. You could make a new folder F:P3D addons for example and install the Winjeel there.
    3. The installer will create a registry key for this location HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ants Airplanes\Winjeel\P3Dv3_path
    4. After the files have been installed a batch file will be run.
    5. The batch file will look in the registry for the Prepar3D folder and then run P3D with some command line entries. The command line entries will tell P3D where the Winjeel has been installed and P3D will add this information to it's add-on.xml file so P3D can find the Winjeel.

Winjeel V120 patch available

The latest patch is available from www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV120patchbeta.zip

If there are no problems with this patch then the full version will be distributed to retailers.

The patch should be installed after installing the full retail version (the patch will not work for the demo model, a new full version will be released shortly for the demo). Basically though, whatever version (V100 or V110) and with whatever patches you have already installed the V120 patch will completely update it.

Changes are:
    - 4 new repaints
    NX107PJ US version of VH-OPJ (A85-439)
    A85-404 modern orange highlights
    A85-444 modern camo
    A85-364 prototype paint on vintage model
    - Fixed rudder trim centre command
    - Stores tailwheel locked/unlocked from last used. If aircraft loads in the air tailwheel will be locked.
    - Changed prop model switching conditions
    - Made exterior canopy glass more visible
    - Made engine sounds when canopy or windows open more audible
    - Fixed texturing problem on underside of air intake in P3D
    - Fixed spelling and various text errors in Animation Manager
    - Fixed wing leveller button in autopilot 2D gauge
    - Changes to information in prefs and engine_wear save files
    - Fixed various XML syntax errors in models and gauges
    - Added systems text to this manual
    - Fixed left over text in this manual

Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    I can't get the engine sound to work in P3Dv3...tried the patch, redownloaded from vendor etc (i have the full aircraft). Works fine in FSX. Any ideas?
    Please download the V120 patch:

http://www.antsairplanes.com/downloa...0patchbeta.zip

If the sound still doesn't work then in the Winjeel press shift+3 to show the Animation Manager, select Preferences and click on Save. Then go to My Documents/Ants Airplanes/Ants Winjeel and send the file P3D_prefs.txt to me. (support at antsairplanes.com)

Members who have read this thread: 0