Ant's Winjeel released! - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Ant's Winjeel released!

Quote Originally Posted by Maury2008 View Post
    I do not know if this radio can operate as ADFreceiver
    The knob on the left allows you to select the ADF function, and frequency can be set to an NDB, but the HSI don't show nay indication.
    I 'm wrong?
    That radio will not operate as an ADF (there is no indicator for it anyway). It is just for show.

Anthony - thanks for the fixes! I don't see that blob on the engine intake now

However - my SHIFT-3 Control Panel is all messed up: the background pic never goes away. Does anyone else get this?

I'm going to do a complete/clean reinstall of the Winjeel to see if it clears up.

Talking of which ...

When installing for P3DV3, the installer says it will install to the USERS folder. If so, why do we get the option to point to a folder? I really don't want add-ons installing in my C:\ drive as that's my OS partition which I want to keep small for backup purposes etc. Also - my main P3D install is on a separate SSD drive, so I'd like verything there, if possible!

Adam.

UPDATE: A reinstall fixed the CP .
    Just re-reading my "installer" comments. This time, I just let the installer put things where *it* wanted (though I don't like too much stuff in my USERS folder). All worked fine including the update. From memory, however, I seem to remember that if you point the installer to anywhere in the P3D folder (Root, "Simobjects/Airplanes" or "3rd Party") then the installer batch file errors and you end up with some stuff in USERS and some wherever you tried to install to).
    Last edited by Adamski_NZ; September 26th, 2016 at 18:28.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Quote Originally Posted by anthony31 View Post
    Winjeel V120 patch available

The latest patch is available from www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV120patchbeta.zip

If there are no problems with this patch then the full version will be distributed to retailers.

The patch should be installed after installing the full retail version (the patch will not work for the demo model, a new full version will be released shortly for the demo). Basically though, whatever version (V100 or V110) and with whatever patches you have already installed the V120 patch will completely update it.

Changes are:
    - 4 new repaints
    NX107PJ US version of VH-OPJ (A85-439)
    A85-404 modern orange highlights
    A85-444 modern camo
    A85-364 prototype paint on vintage model
    - Fixed rudder trim centre command
    - Stores tailwheel locked/unlocked from last used. If aircraft loads in the air tailwheel will be locked.
    - Changed prop model switching conditions
    - Made exterior canopy glass more visible
    - Made engine sounds when canopy or windows open more audible
    - Fixed texturing problem on underside of air intake in P3D
    - Fixed spelling and various text errors in Animation Manager
    - Fixed wing leveller button in autopilot 2D gauge
    - Changes to information in prefs and engine_wear save files
    - Fixed various XML syntax errors in models and gauges
    - Added systems text to this manual
    - Fixed left over text in this manual
    Thank You !!!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    When installing for P3DV3, the installer says it will install to the USERS folder. If so, why do we get the option to point to a folder? I really don't want add-ons installing in my C:\ drive as that's my OS partition which I want to keep small for backup purposes etc. Also - my main P3D install is on a separate SSD drive, so I'd like verything there, if possible!
    You can change this directory to anything you like wherever you like. Just don't make it the Prepar3D v3 folder.

It will default to the location C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Add-ons because this is a folder that Prepar3D v3 has created as the default folder for add-ons (although no one but me seems to use this)

I have installed the Winjeel to a folder called figgleworth and once to a folder F:Airplanes. Put it anywhere you like (except the Prepar3D v3 program folder).

If you want to install the Winjeel to the Prepar3D v3 folder like any other aircraft then select Prepar3D v2 as the installer.

I have updated the patch V120 so please download again if you have already installed it.

www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV120patchbeta.zip

It fixes these issues:
    - gauge not running properly in Windows XP.
    - 2 textures in the P3D v3 version not installing to the correct location.

It is also about 40MB smaller (so 112MB in size) as I have reorganised some things in the installer which allows the generated file to be smaller (which is how I stuffed up the 2 textures not installing to the correct location).

When I am satifisfied that this patch is working correctly I will rename it as V121 and upload the full installer programs to the retailers (again the full installer will be smaller than previous versions due to the new way I organised the files in the installer program).

Quote Originally Posted by anthony31 View Post
    You can change this directory to anything you like wherever you like. Just don't make it the Prepar3D v3 folder.

It will default to the location C:\Users\<user name="">\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Add-ons because this is a folder that Prepar3D v3 has created as the default folder for add-ons (although no one but me seems to use this)

I have installed the Winjeel to a folder called figgleworth and once to a folder F:Airplanes. Put it anywhere you like (except the Prepar3D v3 program folder).

If you want to install the Winjeel to the Prepar3D v3 folder like any other aircraft then select Prepar3D v2 as the installer.
    I'll keep mine in C:\ for now, but may reinstall when the little patches have bedded down!

Just one question, though ... I think LM also recommends putting add-ons in "3rd Party" (but nobody likes it there either LOL). This folder lives in P3D root - but well away from the usual Simobjects location. Would installing it in "3rd Party" cause problems? If so, I'll just put the Winjeel in a folder outside, but on the same drive/SSD.

Adam.

</user>
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Adam-

Looking forward to Anthony's reply as well... My C:\ is an OS only M2 drive, and I too woul like to uninstall and have all on the S:\ drive (SSD) I use for P3D. Additionally, I'd like to keep it tidy under P3D\3rd Party if that would work.....

Fingers x'ed Anthony!

Best- Carl

LM recommend the installation directory for add-ons be either:

%ProgramFiles(x86)%\<Company Name>

or

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3d v3 Files\add-ons

Using the later pathway will mean add-ons will be automatically detected which is what I used although the way I have set it up means that you can install the Winjeel to any folder you like.

I don't have a "3rd party" folder in my Prepar3D folder and I can't find any mention of it in the SDK so I'm unsure how the Winjeel would work in there. I install files into effects folder and Simobjects so does the file structure in "3rd party" mirror that? Or does the file structure in "3rd party" look more like the one below? ie Individual addon folders with each folder having an add-on.xml file? If so then you can point the installer to the "3rd party" folder and install the Winjeel there. If not, then I wouldn't recommend it as I don't know anything about this folder (and can find no mention of it).

The file structure that Winjeel version P3D v3 will install is this:

Ants Winjeel
    Content
    Effects
    Simobjects
    add-on.xml (this file tells P3D the file structure)
    P3D_install.bat (a batch file run during the install process to update the add-ons.cfg with the file location)
    Uninstall Ants Winjeel P3Dv3.exe

The add-ons.cfg file is found here:
    C:ProgramData/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3d v3

This is what my add-ons.cfg looks like:
    [Package.0]
    PATH="F:\Winjeel\Ants Winjeel"
    TITLE=Ants Winjeel
    ACTIVE=true
    REQUIRED=false

As you can see it points to the Ants Winjeel pathway, from here P3D will read the add-on.xml and from there it will read the necessary files.

If you want to keep the P3D v3 Winjeel in the Prepar3D folder then you could create a new folder in the Prepar3D folder (maybe call it add-ons) and install the Winjeel to that and should work fine in that case.

Anthony-

If I uninstall and then get a new DL today, will that DL have all the fixes/updates to date?

Carl

The proof of the pudding!!! The blemish-free Winjeel running from outside the P3D root folder ;-)

Apologies, Anthony - the installer works quite correctly and with no errors in the batch file. I'm not entirely sure what I did wrong last time, but I'm sure it was "user error". The "3rd Party" folder, it turns out, was created by an IRIS addon. As IRIS also did some of the default P3D aircraft, I presumed that folder was some sort of "official" location. I do remember lots of discussion about the pros and cons of installing outside P3D root, but they probably didn't refer to a *specific* location at all - I must have made that up!

Anyway ... for the benefit of others, this was my procedure:

1) Create a folder on the same drive/same level as the root P3D folder - ie. [your drive here]:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv3_Addons
    2) Point the installer (and subsequent patch installers) at that folder.
    3) That's it! Everything should be automatically set up, but if you want to disable the Winjeel temporarily, you can access it from within P3D in Options/Add-ons.

Apologies again for complicating what was, after all, quite a simple operation!

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Anthony-

If I uninstall and then get a new DL today, will that DL have all the fixes/updates to date?

Carl
    Not yet. Probably later today or tomorrow I will send the new full installer to the retailers. For the moment you can install either V100 or V110 and download the patch at:

http://www.antsairplanes.com/downloa...0patchbeta.zip

VERSION 1.21 AVAILABLE

This patch is functionally identical to the last V1.20 patch but I thought I'd just change it to V1.21 to make it clear it is the last patch. I don't expect any more patches will be needed in the near future (fingers crossed).

Patch for full payware version:

www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV121patch.zip

Demo version has been updated as well:

www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelDemo.zip

Links are also available on the product page:

www.antsairplanes.com/winjeel.html

I will now send the full installers to the retailers so within the next few days you can download the full installer from your retailer account.

Thx Anthony !
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thank you very much Anthony - great support for a great addon

ATB Dirk

Hello Anthony,

I would just like to write a most warm and a truly deserved "thank you" to you for creating this aircraft for our flight sim platforms.

You went out on a limb for an aircraft that is not that well known to the outside world of Australia and I am truly grateful for that. For you have recreated an aircraft that is a such a joy to fly and the attention to detail is outstanding!

I take my hat off to you, and again I can not thank you enough.

Forever grateful,

Tim.

Took this very nice airplane out for a spin today (it's been a while since I've flown at all). Everything worked very well, except I can't get the darned trim wheel to behave. Has a mind of its own. Won't stay put no matter what I do. Makes it impossible to fly, of course.

I don't have this problem with any other plane. I checked my control assignments carefully, though, and removed any controller reference for elevator trim to any other controller other than two buttons on my CH quadrant that I use to control trim on every plane. But problem remains. Switch planes, no problem.

I'm at a loss. Any ideas why this is happening? Anyone else have this issue?

It wasn't this way the first times I flew it, and I haven't changed anything in the meantime that I know about.

EDIT: Well, never mind. I have no idea what the issue was. But after switching planes, and then shutting down P3D and restarting with a different plane, then switching on the ramp to the Winjeel, all is well. I'll try starting up again with the Winjeel as my initial plane choice (which is the situation where it first happened), and see if the problem recurs.
    First, I'm just going to fly it around Orcas Island a bit and enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    Took this very nice airplane out for a spin today (it's been a while since I've flown at all). Everything worked very well, except I can't get the darned trim wheel to behave. Has a mind of its own. Won't stay put no matter what I do. Makes it impossible to fly, of course.

I don't have this problem with any other plane. I checked my control assignments carefully, though, and removed any controller reference for elevator trim to any other controller other than two buttons on my CH quadrant that I use to control trim on every plane. But problem remains. Switch planes, no problem.

I'm at a loss. Any ideas why this is happening? Anyone else have this issue?

It wasn't this way the first times I flew it, and I haven't changed anything in the meantime that I know about.

EDIT: Well, never mind. I have no idea what the issue was. But after switching planes, and then shutting down P3D and restarting with a different plane, then switching on the ramp to the Winjeel, all is well. I'll try starting up again with the Winjeel as my initial plane choice (which is the situation where it first happened), and see if the problem recurs.
    First, I'm just going to fly it around Orcas Island a bit and enjoy it.
    Was the Autopilot on maybe?
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

I don't think it has an autopilot. But, the problem was that the trim wheel would travel to its limits as if some control was continually sending an input to it. So, not autopilot behavior. I could try to adjust the wheel, either manually in the VC or with my controller, and it would respond, but as soon as I stopped trying to adjust, it would start spinning merrily to its limit. Very strange.

Members who have read this thread: 0