Ant's Winjeel released! - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ant's Winjeel released!

No issues with sound here. Specs shown below.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I am sure Ant will sort out the issue with the sounds in P3D.

She is such a fine aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    ​A good reason for those who have the ORBX YSTW airport to purchase this aircraft.
    "Please explain...?

Well done Anthony! On par with the stellar quality of your T-28 series of aircraft, and for me, a real treat to have such a well done model of such a lesser known aircraft, finally something different ! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    I am sure Ant will sort out the issue with the sounds in P3D.

She is such a fine aircraft.
    It's not just a P3D problem. I purchased and installed on FSX/Accel. No problems with the installation, no warnings or pop-ups during loading to warn of possible sound conflicts and yet when loaded and cranked, I had no sound. . .only the clicking in the cockpit.

As per Anthony's request:
    Sounds: default Primary Device (2 other options are Logitech USB Headset or Realtek High Def. Audio) None produce any sound
    OS is Win7 64bit

To get sound I renamed the sound.cfg to sound.original and then made sound.default the main sound config file. However it would be nice to be able to hear this fantastic custom sound package.
    Last edited by falcon409; August 30th, 2016 at 19:29. Reason: New Info.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Flight Testing at Eastern Slopes Regional.

Current System Specs:

"The Winjeel handpump" made it into Aussie vernacular ages ago as a dig about someone's ineptitude in thinking a gravity-fed carbie was always going to be a good idea....in a plane...

I went looking for historical mention and found this...VERY MUCH worth a read...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/life...-1226427134015

He started on a Winjeel.... and came to save 400+ passengers 35 years later...

SOUND PROBLEMS:

To all those with sound problems, firstly I am sorry that it is not working.

I have modified the gauge file to provide some debugging information. Please download this installer and select the same install location as you did for the Winjeel:

http://www.antsairplanes.com/downloa...lV101debug.zip

THIS INSTALLER IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WITH THE FULL PAID VERSION, it will not work with the demo version.

Start the Winjeel and open the Animation Manager - Preferences and then click on SAVE.

Open My Documents/Ants Airplanes/Ants Winjeel and send me a copy of the P3D_prefs.txt (for P3D) or prefs.txt (for FSX) file at support@antsairplanes.com or post the first lines here.

I need these lines from the prefs file. The last 7 are the most important and will hopefully tell me where things are falling apart.

Winjeel V1.0 Preferences
    Saved in Documents\Ants Airplanes\Ants Winjeel
    custom_path=
    3 VersionMajor
    3 VersionMinor
    3 BuildMajor
    3 BuildMinor
    3 scVersionMajor
    3 scVersionMinor
    0 scBuildMajor
    0 scBuildMinor
    0 debug_initdirectsound
    -999 debug_initdirectsound2
    1 debug_snd_flaps
    1 debug_sound_available_0
    32 debug_dsound
    -1 debug_dsound3d
    1 debug_init_l_vars

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    "Please explain...?
    Yes Pauline I will explain it.

YSTW = Tamworth airport.

Tamworth for many years has been a major RAAF basic flight training school. Pilots graduate from Tamworth to other advanced flying training schools.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

YSTW = Tamworth airport.

Tamworth for many years has been a major RAAF basic flight training school. Pilots graduate from Tamworth to other advanced flying training schools.
    Pat

Winjeels only operated out of No. 1 Basic Flying Training School at Uranquinty (Wagga) Then Point Cook (and 24 Sqn) and a doz or so at RAAF Willy as FACs with 76 and 2OCU Sqns

http://www.adf-serials.com.au/2a85.htm

I think your mixed up with CT4s

Tamworth post 1956 was the BAE training ground prior was tigermoth and other very basic trainers

Quote Originally Posted by anthony31 View Post
    About the sound....

I'd like to know why some people don't get any sound though so if you could check what sound device you are using that would be nice. In P3D this is Menu - Options - Settings - Sound - Primary Playback Device.
    In FSX this is Settings - Sound - Windows sound device - Sounds.
    Also if you could tell me the OS you are using.

Thank you.
    Hello Anthony,
    it isnt this. I havent sounds only for Winjeel. The rest addons works ok and in Winjeel I hear only sound effects from Accu feel A2A (P3Dv3).
    I have demo only now so can't use Your solution from this post http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1042107 .

Maybe its a problem of this strange path of installations for P3Dv3?
    Something like Documents/Prepar 3D Add-ons .... ?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Hello Anthony,
    it isnt this. I havent sounds only for Winjeel. The rest addons works ok and in Winjeel I hear only sound effects from Accu feel A2A (P3Dv3).
    I have demo only now so can't use Your solution from this post http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1042107 .

Maybe its a problem of this strange path of installations for P3Dv3?
    Something like Documents/Prepar 3D Add-ons .... ?
    I have made a debug patch for the demo version now so anyone who has the demo installed and cannot hear the sounds please run this patch:

http://www.antsairplanes.com/downloa...1demodebug.zip

It shouldn't be a problem with the installation location as this works on other users systems and my own and FSX users are having sound problems.
    I mention the output location as the Winjeel sounds go to the default output device only, so in case someone had it set differently. It seems this is not the problem as people have the sound problem with the default output device.

The new gauge file will tell me whether there is a problem initializing the direct sound buffer (which I think is the most likely cause) what that problem is. Without that information there is nothing I can do to work a solution.

Again, run the patch. Start the flight sim, load the Winjeel, Open Animation Manager - Preferences, click on SAVE and then either send a copy of My Documents/Ants Airplanes/Ants Winjeel/ either prefs.txt or P3D_prefs.txt to me or post the first 18 lines here.

Thank you.

YSTW = Tamworth airport.

That maybe true but the Winjeel and even the CT-4 (RAAF basic trainers) were never based there!

So that is why I was a little confused to that comment you made, which has no reference what so ever.

I have made a debug patch for the demo version now so anyone who has the demo installed and cannot hear the sounds please run this patch:

www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV101demodebug.zip

It shouldn't be a problem with the installation location as this works on other users systems and my own and FSX users are having sound problems.
    I mention the output location as the Winjeel sounds go to the default output device only, so in case someone had it set differently. It seems this is not the problem as people have the sound problem with the default output device.

The new gauge file will tell me whether there is a problem initializing the direct sound buffer (which I think is the most likely cause) what that problem is. Without that information there is nothing I can do to work a solution.

Again, run the patch. Start the flight sim, load the Winjeel, Open Animation Manager - Preferences, click on SAVE and then either send a copy of My Documents/Ants Airplanes/Ants Winjeel/ either prefs.txt or P3D_prefs.txt to me or post the first 18 lines here.

Thank you.
    Hello Anthony,

I am getting sound but the interior sound is just wind noise and very hard to hear the engine noise....? Exterior sounds are just fine. Is it suppose to be like this?

Thank you again for doing this aircraft.

Cheers,
    Tim.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    That maybe true but the Winjeel and even the CT-4 (RAAF basic trainers) were never based there!

So that is why I was a little confused to that comment you made, which has no reference what so ever.
    I knew that the Winjeel did not operate from YSTW but as the Flying Training was included by ORBX I thought it would be nice to fly from there. I know I will be.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Hello Anthony,

I am getting sound but the interior sound is just wind noise and very hard to hear the engine noise....? Exterior sounds are just fine. Is it suppose to be like this?

Thank you again for doing this aircraft.

Cheers,
    Tim.
    No, it's not supposed to be like that. Without the information saved in the prefs.txt file then I can't tell you anymore than that.

No, it's not supposed to be like that. Without the information saved in the prefs.txt file then I can't tell you anymore than that.
    This is my results from a vanilla install of the demo into FSX. (no patch added)

ENGINE_WEAR.TXT:

Winjeel V1.0 Engine Wear
    1 read_me_first
    0.269707 engine_hours
    0 mtn_eng_last_overhaul
    0 mtn_prop_hours
    0 mtn_engine_oil_change
    0 mtn_prop_inspection
    0 ew_sparkplug_age
    0 ew_sparkplug_carbon
    0 ew_sparkplug_dirt
    0 ew_overhaul
    0 ew_rubber_parts
    0 rpm_drop_due_plug_fouling
    0 ew_prop_oil_leak
    0 ew_prop_damage
    0 clock_offset
    0 clock_red_minutes

PREFS.TXT (first 18 entries..)

Winjeel V1.0 Preferences
    custom_path=
    10 VersionMajor
    0 VersionMinor
    61637 BuildMajor
    0 BuildMinor
    10 scVersionMajor
    0 scVersionMinor
    61259 scBuildMajor
    0 scBuildMinor
    9760 RADIO_MEM_FREQ0
    8208 RADIO_MEM_FREQ1
    13680 RADIO_MEM_FREQ2
    8848 RADIO_MEM_FREQ3
    9488 RADIO_MEM_FREQ4
    6528 RADIO_MEM_FREQ5
    8272 RADIO_MEM_FREQ6

I hope this helps?

Anthony, here are my results.

Winjeel V1.0 Preferences
    custom_path=
    10 VersionMajor
    0 VersionMinor
    61637 BuildMajor
    0 BuildMinor
    10 scVersionMajor
    0 scVersionMinor
    61259 scBuildMajor
    0 scBuildMinor
    0 debug_initdirectsound
    -999 debug_initdirectsound2
    0 debug_snd_flaps
    1 debug_sound_available_0
    32 debug_dsound
    -1 debug_dsound3d
    1 debug_init_l_vars

Current System Specs:

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I think I have patched the sound problem. I had written some bad code for locating the sound files so the files weren't being found and loaded.

I've given these patches a quick test in FSX, FSX:SE and P3Dv3 and they seem to work. It's getting late now so I am going to bed but I will test them some more tomorrow morning and make full installers.

Just install the patch to the same location as you did with the main installer.

For the demo version:
    http://www.antsairplanes.com/downloa...2demopatch.zip

For the full version:
    http://www.antsairplanes.com/downloa...lV102patch.zip

Excellent job Anthony!! I now have some amazing sounds to go with this terrific airplane. Thanks for beating the code bug, lol

Current System Specs:

Ant....fixed the sound here [Demo] ...

Brilliant - sound bug fixed here in P3D v3 (demo)
    Many thanks
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I think I have patched the sound problem. I had written some bad code for locating the sound files so the files weren't being found and loaded.

I've given these patches a quick test in FSX, FSX:SE and P3Dv3 and they seem to work. It's getting late now so I am going to bed but I will test them some more tomorrow morning and make full installers.

Just install the patch to the same location as you did with the main installer.

For the demo version:
    www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV102demopatch.zip

For the full version:
    www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsWinjeelV102patch.zip

I can confirm also. Checked and in demo it works! Details are fantastic and no any problems with this many details and FPS. Great job!

btw. pilot has oxygen mask but no any oxygen wire/pipe, is it ok?

Second my problem in demo: I can't operate the power of engine by my throttle (it always is full), I can move it only by mouse.
    Is it the feature of demo version? The other my addons work without any problem like this.

The model is present from now in PCAviator too http://www.pcaviator.com/store/produ...1&cat=0&page=1 .
    Last edited by YoYo; August 31st, 2016 at 10:22.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Got the fix from Ant this morning, also confirm that all works now with the custom sounds in P3Dv3. Amazing package.

There are few things these days that really get me excited. One exception is this aircraft. It is fantastic.

Based on the forum posts and looking at the description and photos on Anthony's website, I took the plunge. After installing and running the patch, I did a short flight to get familiar with the aircraft. I can't believe all the detail.

I never heard of a Winjeel until this morning, and now I'm in love with this little gem. Great job, Anthony.

Cheers.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Members who have read this thread: 0