Eurofighter Typhoon Work-In-Progress
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eurofighter Typhoon Work-In-Progress

Eurofighter Typhoon Work-In-Progress

As some of you are aware of, I have been working on a payware Eurofighter Typhoon for P3D / FSX for a while now...
    Here is a work in progress video along with some screenshots (most of what you see is from P3Dv3 but package will work also in FSX):

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image5.jpg   Image55.jpg   Image6jpg.jpg   Image24.jpg  

looking great

Dino how will your Typhoon run on a bit older Intel Core2 Duo E6600 quadcore 2.6GHz with a nvidia GTX 560ti with OS Win7 32bit

...well, it is too early to tell. But this is not a very lightweight model.
    We'll find out when the avionics are complete.

BR

Dino

Hi Dino, Can't wait also! Looks great! Will it tacpacked (as I remember, the answer is "yes" ) ?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

...Tacpack = YES

At the moment the model is capable of launching AIM-9L, AIM-120 and has the gun - and can release GBU-10 and GBU-12.
    I started working with VRS to extend its capabilities, possibly to include ASRAAM and IRIS-T - but I need to find the time to create models for those.

Great work Dino, looking forward to this one.

Bravissimo Dino!!

VRS cannot model European weapons? ASRAAM, IRIS-T, Meteor, KEPD350 Taurus, Exocet, Mica... ??

I guess devs may develop their own, like M2M did for the M2000C for the Magic and R530 missiles.

I have been talking with VRS to add at least the Asraam and the IRIS-T.
    I'd also like to add Meteor and StormShadow... we'll see.

Developers cannot add weapons to Tacpack independently - for obvious reasons VRS manages their introduction. You are allowed to ask for the inclusion of a limited number of weapons, provided that you supply performance data and 3D models to them.
    The problem is gathering accurate weapons performance data - which is not easy to find... afaik we should be at a good point on this issue.
    Also, developers need to supply VRS with copyright-free 3D models for distribution - and I need to find the time to do that... currently my model employs licenced meshes, but the ones for VRS need to be 100% original and free for them to use (understandably).

We'll see what we can do. Maybe they won't be ready for the release but may become available at a later date.

Thank you Dino for the clarification, it makes sense. Your Typhoon is looking great and is much anticipated.

Dino I'm looking forward to your Eurofighter with a lot of nostalgia, especially since you plan to make it TacPack compatible.
    I was a great fan of the EF2000 simulator from DiD. That sim was a gem at that time, and I flew hundreds of hours in it, dropping GBUs on bridges and tunnels with the laser targeting screen in the virtual cockpit ! (that was in 1995...).
    However I was quite terrible as a player. Each of my missions would end up in a 1 vs 10 enemy planes, leading to the immediate death of my wingmen and myself...
    Of course, the same occurred later on in Falcon 4, for exactly the same reasons

Knowing I will at least be able to play around with the air to ground weapons (dropping GBUs mainly) in that Eurofighter makes me quite excited to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    I have been talking with VRS to add at least the Asraam and the IRIS-T.
    I'd also like to add Meteor and StormShadow... we'll see.

Developers cannot add weapons to Tacpack independently - for obvious reasons VRS manages their introduction. You are allowed to ask for the inclusion of a limited number of weapons, provided that you supply performance data and 3D models to them.
    The problem is gathering accurate weapons performance data - which is not easy to find... afaik we should be at a good point on this issue.
    Also, developers need to supply VRS with copyright-free 3D models for distribution - and I need to find the time to do that... currently my model employs licenced meshes, but the ones for VRS need to be 100% original and free for them to use (understandably).

We'll see what we can do. Maybe they won't be ready for the release but may become available at a later date.
    Dino, I can provide you both an AIM-9L and an Iris-T mesh, a Smokewinder too if you want. They're not mapped yet but I can do that if you need. Of course, free of charge.

Luca

@Daube

EF2000 by DID was great...and I was a terrible player as well!

@SixGhost

Thanks - I already have the AIM-9L (I am using the one from VRS)... I also have an IRIS-T that needs to be mapped... Smokewinder would be nice.
    Problem is models need to be below 2K triangles to be efficient in real-time rendering...
    Also, models would ultimately go to VRS and they must be free to do whatever they want with those.
    We can talk in private on this topic.

Hi Dino,

very nice pics you have there. Looking forward to fly this beauty.
    Are you still working on your S-211 too, or is it on hold for now?
    I love these trainer-planes and it would definitly find a good place in my hangar!!

Regards,

Christoph

Hi Dino,

Thanks for the preview, it's looking great. Is there any chance of getting a cosmetic (no working second cockpit) version of the two seater? Probably not, but I thought I would ask anyway.

@Christoph_T

I am still working on it from time to time...looking good IMHO

@Sundog

...your guessed right. Single seater only (at least for the moment!)

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxxMann View Post
    Great news, Dino!
    Absolutely!

Thanks Dino for the good news.
    Good to see that you were able to go on with the Typhoon after all the trouble!!

Looking forward to both projects,

Christoph

Hi Dino,

Assuming you have the visual model animations for this Typhoon under full control: maybe a good moment to include the "weapons drag" feature now ?
    Let me know if you still want it, 'cause it probably requires some tweaks for this model .....

Best, Rob

Great news Dino !!! Mike

@All - thanks for the appreciation

@rcbarend ...good idea! I'll write you an email as soon as I can find the time...

Still WIP - over a more "natural" environment for the Typhoon - Torino Caselle (where the Alenia plant is located and where the Italian Typhoons are built).
    By the way Trend has published a ransomware decryption tool that can, in some cases, decrypt the CERBER (which is the ransomware I got :-( ) - Unfortunately that did not work.
    I was hoping to recover, between the other things, the Typhoon paintkit... but it seems it is not possible. So for the moment the Tiffy has one livery - maybe I'll add the "primer" one later on... - we'll see.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image2.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0