A complaint for the addon 'P-35A Restored'

Thread: A complaint for the addon 'P-35A Restored'

A complaint for the addon 'P-35A Restored'

When i was installing this addon for use with Fs2004, Norton antivirus sprung into action saying it was a bloody virus and security risk and removed it!
    Got any ideas for this?

FYI, Norton removed the actual mdl file.

Remove Norton from your computer and use other virus finders, such as Malwarebytes.

Figured it out, had to restore and exclude the file from the Norton antivirus library.

Norton has done this to me many times over the years. At least it won't do it again for the same file once you restore and exclude it from future scans. I don't recall it doing this to newly downloaded or newly installed aircraft very often, if at all. What usually happens is that after not doing it at all for many months, suddenly a system scan will do it to a number of model files all at once, models that have been installed for months without triggering anything in numerous previous scans. Very annoying! But at least it doesn't happen very often.

I haven't run Norton in years. My work 'puter has McAfee, and I hate that too. Both are resource hogs. MS Security Essentials has been all I've needed in the years that I've had this laptop.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I haven't run Norton in years. My work 'puter has McAfee, and I hate that too. Both are resource hogs. MS Security Essentials has been all I've needed in the years that I've had this laptop.

+1, i agree!

JMC

Members who have read this thread: 0