NVIDIA Shadow Play

Thread: NVIDIA Shadow Play

NVIDIA Shadow Play

Hello all. I'm trying to get Shadow Play setup. I've turned it ON. I've got it set to manual. I've got the notification icons setup for top RH corner of the monitor. I've selected "Ctrl+Bksp" as my hot key to manually start recording. And I've arty the folder on a seperate HAD. My problem is that when I enter P3D I don't see any icon and when I hit the hot may combo nothing is recorded? Any help would be appreciated. What could be missing?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Win 7 HP. 64bit
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

ok in your preferences is the "Allow desktop capture" button checked? if its grayed out you need to right click on your main windows screen choose personalize and choose one of the aero themes

Rick, I just set up Shadow Play after seeing this post. Window 10 64bit. I too had no icon showing. I couldn's seem to record anything. I checked my preferences and found "Allow Desktop Capture" unchecked. Once I checked this box the ico showed where it was suppose to. The recording in P3D v3.3 worked perfectly. It records a MP4 movie. The quality is very good if not great.

Thanks to Rick for bringing this to my attention. Until now I was only using Record for any recording of video. Those with Nvidia cards will have fun with this.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

That was it guys! I didnt have that box checked. All is working now! Thanks for the help! Always something small.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

No problem I just went through this a couple weeks ago and got it working. Glad I could help

I don't want to be negative about Fraps, because it served me long and well for recording many years of sim/MP videos. But...ShadowPlay doesn't seem to impose frame rate problems and hiccups like my old Fraps function did, and records in P3Dv3 - which my Fraps wouldn't do consistently. Add to that the advantage of on-the-fly encoding/compression, and I'm using a lot less disk space to store the raw sequences.

Remaining problem: like in Fraps, I can't consistently capture all voices/participants in MP sessions. Do you guys have a setup that allows capture of all participants' transmissions in MP (we're using TeamSpeak).

Members who have read this thread: 0