Spa' Should Be Interesting....

Thread: Spa' Should Be Interesting....

Lightbulb Spa' Should Be Interesting....

Well Mr Vettel, tough situation that you're in.....you ran away from Ricciardo to a weaker team, and now with young Max, I doubt that they'll take you back.
    Best to hope for improvements with the 2017 rules!

Lewis Hamilton from last to fifth in just under 25 minutes.Incredible driving.

Cheers Chris

Interesting rule bending session by Mercedes, shame the grid penalties are not carried over for the next rounds.
    On another point, I find the constant rubbishing of Honda by ill informed 'fans' a PITA, obviously their grasp of Honda's engineering is unknown.
    Bloody Muppets!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

The 'Golden Child' is certainly copping Flak!
    Verstappen might (just might) be very talented but his exhibition at Spa was rather poor.......actually it wasn't poor, it was plain bloody dangerous, while his attitude regarding his betters post race can only be described as execrable.
    There will be payback and payback that will be very painful.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

LH did catch a lucky break with the safety car and red flag.

Alonso great race and shame for Jensen.

Not much of a lucky break seeing he was 5th before the red flag.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Not much of a lucky break seeing he was 5th before the red flag.

Cheers Chris
    With most of the field wrecking in front of him or pitting during the cautions before the red flag, no surprise... Alonso did the same and was 4th when the red flag waved (he started 22nd while Hamilton started 21st).

--->>> L-U-C-K

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    The 'Golden Child' is certainly copping Flak!
    Verstappen might (just might) be very talented but his exhibition at Spa was rather poor.......actually it wasn't poor, it was plain bloody dangerous, while his attitude regarding his betters post race can only be described as execrable.
    There will be payback and payback that will be very painful.
    Kimi was upset with young Max too for actions later on in the race....But I agree in that going in 3-wide into turn 1 on the start, it was just a "racing incident" and Vettel shouldn't have been upset...

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Kimi was upset with young Max too for actions later on in the race....But I agree in that going in 3-wide into turn 1 on the start, it was just a "racing incident" and Vettel shouldn't have been upset...
    It takes a lot to get a reaction out of the 'Iceman', and weaving at 300+KPH is not very clever.
    I'm really getting annoyed with Verstappen, he has talent but he needs an attitude adjustment, then again, I suppose that goes for most of the 'Me' generation.
    Vettel is becoming just a little too precious, he seems to be using 'selective memory' these days.

Icon2

It takes a lot to get a reaction out of the 'Iceman', and weaving at 300+KPH is not very clever.
    I'm really getting annoyed with Verstappen, he has talent but he needs an attitude adjustment, then again, I suppose that goes for most of the 'Me' generation.
    Vettel is becoming just a little too precious, he seems to be using 'selective memory' these days.
    The Red Bull manager said today (to paraphrase) although the stewards had no issue with Max, what goes around comes around and drivers seem to sort these things out on the track.

After 2 races of battling Max, I don't expect Kimi to be the nice guy next go around.....

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Strange, I always see a certain man from down under complain how today's drivers are push-overs without character.....

Where did you see weaving? Max made one move on the straight on Raikkonen which is allowed. And why didn't Kimi pass on the left but rather hit the brakes and complain? Vettel's move in the first corner was just dumb, almost crashing three cars out of the race. Seems the Ferrari drivers think that just because they drive a red car everyone else should just let them pass. They know the Red Bull is now faster than their car and it seems they try to cage Verstappen by trying to force a penalty by complaining..
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Where did you see weaving? Max made one move on the straight on Raikkonen which is allowed. And why didn't Kimi pass on the left but rather hit the brakes and complain?
    The problem is not he made one move or more, but he made his move too late.

The second time Kimi attacked him, the nose of the Ferrari was already close to the tail of the Red Bull. It was too late for Kimi to switch to the left, and if he had not jumped on the breaks they would have collided.

On the first attack, Kimi was in front but Max hit the break too late and forced Kimi off the track. Kimi shouldn't have had to give him back the position. But once again, what caused a penality for Rosberg in Germany is 'normal' for Verstappen.

That being said, I think the contact on the first corner is a 50/50 case. Verstappen was too much optimistic on the inside while Vettel should have turned wider.

But I still don't understand why other drivers get penalities when Verstappen gets nothing for doing the same every race. This is becoming really annoying...

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    But I still don't understand why other drivers get penalities when Verstappen gets nothing for doing the same every race. This is becoming really annoying...
    He's made enemies of both Ferrari drivers so it will be interesting to see how this sorts out on the track....

Perhaps I shouldn't comment as I haven't seen the complete race and only saw what was considered the main events in the summary which was broadcasted by a French TV station. Strange enough it contained Vettel's move in the first corner, but not the above discussed move by Max Verstappen. I had to learn about it on you tube the day after, where I heard the comments by Kimi Raikonen. Clearly the French television didn't consider it important enough to include this in the summary.

I personally have the feeling a lot of the comments by the two former world champions which are driving the disappointing Ferraris, are fed by pure frustration. It must be sad to drive, as a former world champion, in one of the most ambitious racing teams and not be able to take over an 18 year old kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    There is nothing to understand. Charlie Whiting, who judges these incidents, obviously doesn't share your opinion. Either he is wrong, or you are.

I have following Formula one for many years. Over the years I have seen many drivers who deliberately drove their fellow drivers from the track. Some of these drivers are still considered to be the best drivers ever....... (to name a few: Prost, Mansell, Schumacher.......)
    When my memory is correct, so far Max Verstappen hasn't driven anyone from the track. But not that long ago I saw Kimi having a shot at Bottas.....

I agree with Wombat: Racing with +300k/hour isn't a safe thing to do.....

Cheers,
    Huub

Lightbulb

Huub,
    On the other side of the debate, Lewis has given Max full support....

Members who have read this thread: 0