Sproat Lake Addition

Thread: Sproat Lake Addition

Sproat Lake Addition

Highly Fictional

Coulson took the Hawaii Mars to Oshkosh EAA AIrventure this year and brought back another
    amphibian. They found a turbo Mallard they could use as a corporate aircraft (interior
    was fitted out nicely), plus it could be used as a 'pathfinder' for the big Mars.
    It was fast enough to check out the 'watering holes' and lead the Mars to the drop zone.
    Painted up like it's big brother. . . Mars Pathfinder

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mal 1.jpg   mal 2.jpg   mal 3.jpg  

Sprout Lake Addition #2

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mal 5.jpg   mal 4.jpg   mal 6.jpg   mal 7.jpg  

Smile

Beautiful paint work. If I may offer a tiny correction.....it's "Sproat Lake"....rather than Sprout.

...I wonder how the Turbo Mallard would handle Bird Dog duty...? Very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    Beautiful paint work. If I may offer a tiny correction.....it's "Sproat Lake"....rather than Sprout..
    Oops. I know better than to post late at night. I've tried to edit and fix the spelling, but . . . . . editing must be turned off after a certain amount of time...

Back in the days when it was Forest Industries Flying Tankers, they did in fact have a Grumman Goose as a bird dog.

http://scharnbergstephan.blogspot.ca...-b-101-cf.html

To me, had history and fate run down a slightly different rivulet, one could rationalize a hot rod turbine powered Mallard. At one point FIFT ran three helicopters as well, certainly the maintenance setup was already in place for kerosene burners.

I haven't had a chance to try the Mallard out, but the images look like Milton and friends have outdone themselves again, which puts the bar outlandishly high. This paint brings her home to my neck of the woods....what more incentive for me to load up the Mallard?

jmbiii? Do you intend to release this Coulson paint ? Or keep it private ?

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    Beautiful paint work. If I may offer a tiny correction.....it's "Sproat Lake"....rather than Sprout.

...I wonder how the Turbo Mallard would handle Bird Dog duty...? Very impressive.
    Thread edited to "Sproat"
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Thank you, Roger.

Sure, if anyone wants it I'll upload it tonite.

EDIT: uploaded
    Last edited by jmbiii; August 26th, 2016 at 18:43.

After decades of the familiar paint scheme on the Martins, it's a bit spookie to view it cladding a different plane, on a smaller scale. Very neat, beautifully executed. Certainly a keeper for me. Thanks for you generosity, jmbiii..!!

Thanks to Milton & Friends too. It's my first look at the Mallard, and (MAN!) this thing's right off the scale. The sound pack has got to be one of the most evocative turbine sound suites I've experienced (!!NIGEL!!). Certainly had the neighbours stepping out into their back yard, looking up at the sky...confused. Beautiful graphics, flight model feels just right....so many levels of presentation here, it's going to take some flight hours to absorb it all in.

Quite the privilege to fly the Grumman Mallard. Thanks all, my appreciation.

Gotta break out the fishing tackle, and chase down some flying fish!! Cheers!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Coulson_Mallard.jpg  

What Sproat Lake scenery is that?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Coulson - Sproat Lale Base Scenery

The scenery was made by myself. I can't upload it as is because some of the objects I've used are from my ORBX installation object library. They cannot be shared according to ORBX.
    The scenery also requires the ORBX PNW scenery to be installed.
    I will take a look at the file and see if I can substitute freely available objects for the ORBX ones.

I like the seaplane ramp and area. FYI I have Orbx PNW and Global/Vector.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 0