F-80 redux released - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F-80 redux released

OMW to get it. Thanks to the team for all of the hard work they put into this update.

Paint kit ready

The Paint kit is ready.

Some basic info:

1. Photoshop CC 2015 was used to organize the layers into groups color coded and labeled identically for each PSD file. So if you're using another program sorry, that information and grouping might be lost...I just don't know. Also, Blending options are required for certain layers.
    2. A basic knowledge of how to use Photoshop is required.
    3. Texture_1 is the main fuse and set at 4096. The rest are 2048. If you want a good size, keep the the main fuse at 4096. If you're getting performance issues, scale the size down on the completed texture to 2048.
    4. Enjoy!

I'm going to try and upload the Paint Kit right now. It's uncompressed at ~669mb compressed in .rar format using best compression at ~283mb.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=33&id=21795

-Rick
    Last edited by Mach3DS; August 26th, 2016 at 15:20.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

F-80C Paint Kit

I neglected to mention that the F-80C has a slightly different set of panel lines/rivets. Willy created a separate set during the renovation, I didn't want to make the main kit more cumbersome, so it is included as a stand alone file. Feel free to bring layers over. However, I believe the whole PSD file will need to be resized from 2048 to 4096...I can't remember! You can then bring over to the main paint kit any of the layers you wish. They should be fairly similar in organization.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

F-80C FT-650 "Saggin' Dragon" is up in the library. Think I'll do another red one next.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Saggin Dragon.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Willy, thanks for the Saggin' Dragon, you just painted one of my favorite Korean war F-80's

Thanks Henk, that one's a classic that there was no way I was not going to do.

For some silly unknown reason, I saved a lot of what I used to do a series of F-80 paints last year. That stuff is very useful now.

Strip n Stare, Panther Queen, Salty Dog, Lil Dottie and some very early P-80As are in the paint booth now.

Here's some video of Rick, Andrew and me in our first multiplayer session with the beautiful new F-80. No vices noted, a solid formation flying machine, and beautiful to stare at while flying wing.

I think we'll no more of this later, but with full scenery in P3Dv3 for maximum visual appeal.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B73...ew?usp=sharing

Uploaded FT-774 "Strip 'n Stare" a bit ago to the library.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails strip n stare.jpg  

TV-1

Willy, on the earlier model you did a TV-1 Navy skin. Any chance you could redo it for this new model?
    Semo

I'm wanting to, just looking for some good pics of one that either isn't almost all bare metal or white/orange. One of the problems is that most Navy pictures from those days are in black and white and I have to guess at the colors.

sweet paints!

but my Saggin Dragon is not showing up...anyone else have a problem with that one?

Quote Originally Posted by davido53 View Post
    sweet paints!

but my Saggin Dragon is not showing up...anyone else have a problem with that one?
    my was not showing either in the aircraft.cfg it says panel=, changed this to panel=tacpack, then its shows

Haven't been following this thread, but she's definitely a beauty! By any chance, has the GA ANG 116th been included in a texture yet? NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Haven't been following this thread, but she's definitely a beauty! By any chance, has the GA ANG 116th been included in a texture yet? NC
    I haven't yet. I've only got good pics of F-80s from a couple of ANG units and I've already done the Colorado one. But I've got a lot of pics from the "Enchillada Air Force".

Working on this one...redid it from scratch with the new paint kit...almost there.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

That one's really looking good, Rick. I wouldn't kick it out of my hanger

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    That one's really looking good, Rick. I wouldn't kick it out of my hanger
    Agreed ! Awesome !!! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ijay View Post
    my was not showing either in the aircraft.cfg it says panel=, changed this to panel=tacpack, then its shows
    Sorry, my bad. My system had issues with the gunfire effect and I ended up just taking all the Tacpack stuff out. I'll do some appropriate fixes. Thanks for letting me know.

Found these pictures of a interesting variant.....NC

EF-80

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

I have the fix uploaded to the library and it's available. Search for FSX Native F-80 Fix.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Found these pictures of a interesting variant.....NC

EF-80

That particular F-80 was used by Wright Field as a test aircraft for a variety of modification besides just the prone position for the pilot in your pic. At one time there was a set of upward firing .50 cals mounted in the nose. Not sure whatever happened to it (very likely a target drone as a lot of eary P-80s did), but it's on my list in an unusual paint scheme.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PN044 2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Working on this one...redid it from scratch with the new paint kit...almost there.

Stunning paint!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I'm wanting to, just looking for some good pics of one that either isn't almost all bare metal or white/orange. One of the problems is that most Navy pictures from those days are in black and white and I have to guess at the colors.

I know what you mean. The Navy loves its white and orange. I tried to use your NAS Memphis scheme on the new model. I thought that was a good look. Couldn't get the orange tanks and other bleed through problems.

The old one used a set of tanks that wasn't used for the FSX native. I've got one that's being difficult at the moment (personal ride), but a Navy one is on the short list.

Sorry, my bad. My system had issues with the gunfire effect and I ended up just taking all the Tacpack stuff out. I'll do some appropriate fixes. Thanks for letting me know.
    no problem, wasn't a major issue , superb paints too, thank you

Members who have read this thread: 1