F-80 redux released - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: F-80 redux released

Well, it was something that I recognized a couple of days ago, but forgot to do anything about it. And thanks for comments on the paints.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

I'm almost finished. Ive run into a small snag. The leader stripe won't show wrapping around the bottom of the rear fuse. Other than that I've added most of the extra bits. Need to remove the USAF and place the number on the wings instead.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Beautiful, Rick.

FDE: my dad and I spent an hour in MP, sawing the throttle back and forth - always a little behind, thanks to the J33 slow spool-up. I elected to use the old cheat for non-proficient formation simmers: tweaked fuel flow gain in FDE. I think it'll be more fun for my dad, and I can get him to fly it more if he feels good about his formation work.

If anyone else wants to set aside pride as I did, adjust fuel flow gain in aircraft.cfg to "0.01". Comment out the original setting of "0.001" to the right of that new entry, and you can go back to realistic spooling any time.

Here endeth my confession...

Just finished my personal ride. Restored F-80B warbird in a fictional paintscheme.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Flt 19-2016-aug-29-002.jpg  

Willy,

I am trying to find the fix file, but when I click on the link then I get the error that the link does not exists.

Am I doing anything wrong?
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

It's in the library here. Just search with my username and it's on the 3rd page

Just looked myself and apparenty our librarian has included the fix in the original downloads

Been a couple of days since the last post. I was waiting to see if the latest paints might be available for download.

Rick?? Willy?? Time to wake up, guys.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Been a couple of days since the last post. I was waiting to see if the latest paints might be available for download.

Taking a break from the F-80s as I don't want to burn out on them like I did the Lodestars. I'm messing around the old FS2004 Bf 108 Taifun by Gunter Kramer to see just how far I can upgrade it.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    I'm messing around the old FS2004 Bf 108 Taifun by Gunter Kramer to see just how far I can upgrade it.
    I faintly remember that one. Great bird!

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post

Been taking a break from F-80X. Working on some behind the scenes stuff. Hopefully it will see the light of day sooner than later! I keep pretty busy as a tester with MV as well. The next livery from me for the shooting star will be the one posted above. Then I'll be leaving F-80X land. I need to complete out a couple fixes on my last Mirage 2000C paint for MN ANG. Been working on some materials for another project that I wish I could show you here. Makes it look oodles more realistic. Maybe I'll receive permission....you never know! LOL.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Just DL'd this today. Nice work, you guys, it really is a pretty jet!

61st FS Released. Enjoy!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Taking a break from the F-80s as I don't want to burn out on them like I did the Lodestars. I'm messing around the old FS2004 Bf 108 Taifun by Gunter Kramer to see just how far I can upgrade it.
    I have had a look at that one on the past. From my memory: Among other issues, the top wing textures were also used for the bottom af the wings, which limited the number of possibilities for repaints quite a bit. I found out after I had already invested quite some time on the fuselage .

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    I have had a look at that one on the past. From my memory: Among other issues, the top wing textures were also used for the bottom af the wings, which limited the number of possibilities for repaints quite a bit. I found out after I had already invested quite some time on the fuselage .

Cheers,
    Huub
    And the horizontals use 1 side for all four. I knew about the mirroring from years ago as well, but decided to see what I could do with it as well. I was mainly looking to do a civilian one and came up with this before deciding to see what I could do with the old FSD Cessna O-2 & 337 Skymasters. (I keep overstressing the Bf 108) I'm still working on the paint kit for those at the moment, but it's looking promising now that I've actually managed to get the FSX version of the O-2 flying in FSX The FSX civilian 337s were never an issue. The Cessna Skymasters are an old favorite when we fly GA online and working in 4096x4096 allows me to add much more detail than was possible in the 1024x1024 originals. New panel lines are being added at the moment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N108BF.jpg  

Hello 000rick000,

Thank you for this beautiful decoration!
    Is it possible to have textures in the cockpit aged and used version, I think it would improve more immersion!

Alain
    -

Alain thank you! It's definitely possible but I won't be doing them. I simply don't have the time. But anyone who wants to can edit VC textures. They are not tied to any particular livery.

Quote Originally Posted by alain0568 View Post
    Hello 000rick000,

Thank you for this beautiful decoration!
    Is it possible to have textures in the cockpit aged and used version, I think it would improve more immersion!

Alain
    -
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Hello Rick,
    thank you for your reply!
    Personally i am perfectly incapable!
    Maybe another repainter!

Alain

-

Members who have read this thread: 1