Subic Bay / Cubi Point Project

Thread: Subic Bay / Cubi Point Project

Subic Bay / Cubi Point Project

I've been toying with a new scenery project but can't for the life of me find a pier suitable to use for Subic / Cubi piers . Any ideas ? I have the base looking okay , with traffic , but my ship traffic would look better if I could dock a couple or more of them . Thanks in advance ! Progress pics to come .
    Scott "Pappy" , Miramar Flying Club

Here is a link that has some pictures of the Cubi Pt and Septic Bay err.. Subic Bay that may help.

http://www.midwaysaircraft.org/Photo...70s_midway.htm

An aerial view of Naval Base Subic Bay, 1981.

Subic Bay Pier

Here's where I'm at so far . Air traffic and Ship traffic are looking better . Found part of the bay with docks . Almost there !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot213.jpg   screenshot231.jpg   screenshot232.jpg   screenshot171.jpg  
    Last edited by Corvette99; August 25th, 2016 at 15:25. Reason: one more picture

Maybe from this pic, you can get a better prospective of how NAS Cubi PT and NS Subic Bay are situated from each other.
    On the left is Nas Cubi Pt. to the right of the runway you can see a carrier tied up at the pier at Cubi Pt. At lower right corner, NS Subic Bay.
    Coming in from the sea (upper left) you see NAS Cubi, then go past that to Subic Bay.

Thanks Gray Eagle . I have a bunch of pics , I'm just not that good at placing objects yet ! LOL I'm slowly piecing it together .

Any progress on this project? I am almost totally using P3DV4 now, but Cubi sure would be a great addition! NC

Bump. Would also be interested in something that is more than the default for Cubi Point.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I have sent the OP a PM to see if he responds. I asked him to check the current FSX Forum for his post about the scenery and to please respond with any update information he can.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Sorry everyone. I'll get back on it now that work is slowing down. Have some good work done , but will get back to it!

I'll get back on it now that work is slowing down. Have some good work done , but will get back to it!
    That's great news - thanks!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Really looking forward to it!

Real life

For all those who have been in Subic Bay/Cubi Point/Olongopo conditions are worse there now than it was in 1970 according to a missionary in our Church Sunday. Pray for those spreading the Gospel to those lost souls. When I heard that I couldn't believe it could have gotten worse than it was when I was Shore patrol in Olongopo.

On a positive note, this is great work, keep it up and conclude it with a GOOD rendition of it. Looking forward to flying Milton's C1A COD from Tonkin Gulf and back. I had a thread here about them and you can find the repaints in the Library for USS America and USS Constellation. I believe there is also one for USS Lexington and may be more I didn't do. Also with Klaus's great work on carriers there is no excuse not to try Airops off Vietnam now with a cruise here for 5 days of "liberty" for the crew. I heard "scuttlebutt" that there is FSX@War Vietnam now too. You've got permission to come aboard.

A quick over flight this morning. Traffic is next , then will try to improve the bay and place some ships.
    I'm still a beginner and skills are limited. LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-12-14_8-32-43-947.jpg  

Looks good, so far! Great looking Whale!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by Corvette99 View Post

A quick over flight this morning. Traffic is next , then will try to improve the bay and place some ships.
    I'm still a beginner and skills are limited. LOL
    This is nice. Was stationed there '67'-'69 AIMD NAS Cubi. I think the "CUBI" is what the Seabees called it; Some kind of term that is short for "Construction Battalion". They built it.

Coming right along. Wish I could get some good pier objects to add around the ships in port. Still a work in progress ! Any thing else I should be looking at ???
    Oh yeah. Dino's A-4 is awesome !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-12-16_7-37-23-122.jpg   2019-12-16_7-36-54-523.jpg   2019-12-16_7-37-49-66.jpg   2019-12-16_7-38-29-178.jpg   2019-12-16_7-43-16-545.jpg  

Members +
    Blog Entries
    I have a little gizmo you can have for Cubi, might be of use. I cranked up the thing box to smash out some yellow stuff for Enterprise, as I want to get that done and out as a 'going away and leaving you all in peace sans misanthropic sperging' xmas lump of coal...
    Attachment 72907
    Attachment 72908

It's in MDL and a scenery XML, guide on text file. We don't have a period AARS truck. 420kb, 1 texture, plus glass tex. Use/mod as you see fit, if you like.
    I've also Billy B, Bainbridge ready to go with the 'E', about 6K polys, so suitable for scenery. Long Beach is a bit heavier at 9K, and of course E, at 16K, which really isn't bad for the subject. If any of that would be suitable for scenery, if it's wanted, shout out.
    Should have the rest of the basic yellow stuff load in a couple days, MD-3's and AS-32 Tilly, if that's any help, shout.
    Hope to see Cubi, been long missing. Is the Hot Lips club out there over the S*** River?

Members who have read this thread: 1