GSL Editor "Save" Hotkey Modification

Thread: GSL Editor "Save" Hotkey Modification

Lightbulb GSL Editor "Save" Hotkey Modification

Something that was driving me NUTZ was the hotkey that is pre-assigned to the "Save" feature of the built-in "GSL Editor" in the CFS2 "Mission Builder".

Enabling the GSL Editor was no problem... CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+G worked fine without a hitch. BUT, I have a hotkey assigned on my PC that conflicts with the "Save" feature of the GSL Editor , which is CTRL+ALT+S.

Anyhow, in the ZIP are two files:

"MPlanner.new" - An edited version of the "MPlanner.dll" file that changes the "Save" hotkey from CTRL+ALT+S to to CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+S.

"MPlanner.ori" - The original "MPlanner.dll" for backup/restore purposes.

To install, simply copy and rename the "MPlanner.new" file to "MPlanner.dll" in your "CFS2\Modules" sub-directory (overwriting the original).

Hence:

CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+G - Enable GSL Editor
    CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+S - Save GSL file

Works like a champ, and doesn't conflict with any of my existing WinDoZe hotkeys (or any other CFS2 Mission Builder hotkeys)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Reply...

RichNagel,

This is a very useful modification, well done! Years ago I had a Compaq that wouldn't allow me to save GSL work because of that very same phenomenon.

In fact, I had to refresh my memory on how to use the built-in GSL editor last night because Martin Wright's tools were giving me trouble on two airfields in France. It doesn't happen often, but occasionally the Gobcheck utility will keep overlapping the Gob files, so when that happens, you have to go old school to get around the problem.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Glad you found it useful

BTW, I used the utility "Resource Hacker" to modify the "MPlanner.dll" file. See attached screenshot... the entry that I modified is highlighted.

The original entry for CTRL+ALT+S was:

VK_S, 40005, NOINVERT, ALT, CONTROL, VIRTKEY

On all of my PCs I've used CTRL+ALT+S to start a third-party text spell checker... this dating back to my Windows 3.0 days on an 80286 LOL!

P.S. It's quite interesting loading in the various CFS2 EXE/ICD/DLL files into Resource Hacker... there is ALL SORTS OF STUFF in there (e.g. unused menus and dialogs) that is either disabled in the game itself, or leftovers from FS2000/FS2002

Amongst numerous other things: The FS2000 flight planner and GPS, video/demo recording (WHY DID YOU REMOVE THIS FEATURE FOUND IN *ALL* VERSIONS OF FLIGHT SIMULATOR, DATING BACK TO FS 2.0, FROM CFS2: MICKEY$OFT, YA MORONS LOL!), and an "effects editor" of sorts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MPlanner_dll_in_Resource_Hacker.png  

I''ve used XNResourceEditor and Resource Hacker to poke around many of the CFS2 .dlls. I have seen many things but lack the skills to know what to do.

The only thing I could get to work was a button in QC.

Attachment 42240

All the Generate Mission button dose is make the qc.mis with the current setting out haveing to click Fly Now.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    All the Generate Mission button dose is make the qc.mis with the current setting out haveing to click Fly Now.
    Quite cool!

Members who have read this thread: 1