JZ_C47_v3_Patuxent.zip

Thread: JZ_C47_v3_Patuxent.zip

JZ_C47_v3_Patuxent.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military skins - Cold War

Description: This is a repaint for an R4D-6 of NAS PATUXENT RIVER. I could not find much if any info on this aircraft on the net. I did this paint off of a photo I found and this is my interpretation of what it may have looked like.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit JZ_C47_v3_Patuxent.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

I have many repaints for this plane.
    I can't see this one in my FSX
    Any idea?
    Thks
    Erick

OK, Is the entry in the aircraft cfg have the next number in line, (Fltsim.XX) from the last entry?
    That would be the first place to look. Is anybody else having this problem with this paint?

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    OK, Is the entry in the aircraft cfg have the next number in line, (Fltsim.XX) from the last entry?
    That would be the first place to look. Is anybody else having this problem with this paint?

Joe
    Yes it's the right number

Quote Originally Posted by ayrton74 View Post
    Yes it's the right number
    That's OK now - I forgot C47_2 model folder

Thank You

Erick

Beauty, I love it!

Strikes that it was more likely red than yellow?

I'm trying to track down a definitive source of Navy Gooney Bird paint schemes, and will post here on SOH if/when I find one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails r4ddc322.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by tailspin45 View Post
    Beauty, I love it!

Strikes that it was more likely red than yellow?

I'm trying to track down a definitive source of Navy Gooney Bird paint schemes, and will post here on SOH if/when I find one.

From the photo I found (see below) it was international orange. I tried to find more info on this one but came up empty.
    Any info you can find on paint schemes and stencil placement for Navy/Marine R4D's would be of good use for me.
    Especially for post war, as most during the war just wore standard OD over grey. I did find one marine R4D that wore
    a Tri-color scheme state side during the war that I might do, as I like the odd paints no one else seems to do.

Joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C-47H Skytrain (R4D-5) 39088.jpg  
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

From the looks of it, it is parked on the ramp area at the Navy Test Pilot School. It may have been serving as the Air Station "hack" as well as being flown by TPS students along with qualified C-47 instructors learning how to do tests on recips and multi-engine flying characteristics. Looks like maybe an SNB twin Beech parked to starboard.

When I went through TPS, we flew all kinds of stuff, no matter what you flew in the fleet. We used the P-3 for multi-motor exposure then. We all flew several helos, too. Great place to go if you like to fly!

So far, I found:
    Douglas R4D-5 39088 (MSN 13857)
    ex USAAF C-47A s/n 43-30706
    dd mm 1950 - O&R BUAER M&S - Jacksonville, FL
    27 Oct 1950 - NOTS Project - Inyokern, CA
    09 Apr 1953 - Storage - Litchfield Park

From the looks of it, it is parked on the ramp area at the Navy Test Pilot School. It may have been serving as the Air Station "hack" as well as being flown by TPS students along with qualified C-47 instructors learning how to do tests on recips and multi-engine flying characteristics.

A twin Beech "SNB" seems to be parked to starboard.

When I went through TPS, we flew all kinds of stuff, no matter what you flew in the fleet. We used the P-3 for multi-motor exposure then. We all flew several helos, too. Great place to go if you like to fly!

So far I have found this:

Douglas R4D-5 39088 (MSN 13857)
    ex USAAF C-47A s/n 43-30706
    dd mm 1950 - O&R BUAER M&S - Jacksonville, FL
    27 Oct 1950 - NOTS Project - Inyokern, CA
    09 Apr 1953 - Storage - Litchfield Park

Looked all over for a shot of that aircraft, Joe. Agree, probably Intl Orange.

Love what you did with the nacelles and the subtle rivet lines. Really nice repaint.

USAAF Camouflage Markings and Insignia

Not what I was looking for but this may be of use. Still looking for a Navy directive that specifies paint (especially postwar)

http://justplaneprints.com/wp-content/C-47/tono0711usaafaircraftcamouflagemarkingsandinsignia .pdf
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tono0711usaafaircraftcamouflagemarkingsandinsignia_pdf.jpg  

Lots and lots of good stuff in back issues of Naval Aviation News

Vietnam 1968
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NH 73922.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0