Arado-234 freeware?
Page 1 of 16 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Arado-234 freeware?

Arado-234 freeware?

i know of the firepower version but has anyone attempted to make a freeware version?

Not that I know of.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    Not that I know of.
    oups, I didnt know there is no free version for this most known jet bomber.

regular question: if I would take some time to create the external model would be there someone another who would bother with the interior model?

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    A new and better Ar-234 would be great addition to CFS3. The one in Fire Power is good. There are other interesting aircraft ,(some you can't get any where else),that are included in the install and update that add to the value of FP. Worth every penny,(there's some sites that offer it cheap), and is a must have. A lot has been done recently, (Me-163b and many more to come here at SOH), and that is exciting . A new and improved Ar-234 would be something to look forward to as it actually flew combat missions. PM me if you have any questions .

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    oups, I didnt know there is no free version for this most known jet bomber.

regular question: if I would take some time to create the external model would be there someone another who would bother with the interior model?
    Know that feeling. Its not super bad for CFS2 as you don't have to program gauges in the model. Saw with CFS3 you have to have gauges animated in gMax and went (nope_octopus.gif) way from the thought of installing CFS3.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Animating gauge needles is a trivial task next to modelling and mapping a VC.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Beggars can't be choosers.

Take your external model and straighten out odd curves and jagged edges around the windows. Remap VC if you like. Add in a detail seat stick/yoke and panel. Call it a day and if some one complains post the gMax source and tell them to do better or go by a payware version.

I haven't posted or looked at the library for about 6 years. I know there are 2 uploads. Of sets of AR-234's and variants. I think there were 8. Plus there's one under my name. It is Jaycee's work with R.A.T.O.'S. I pinched the power up on that one. All freeware.

well, is this really the best Blitz stuff what we can currently have for CSF3, yet as a payware?

as to the virtual interior case I fully agree with hairyspin, all the working gauges, levers and other things is pretty easy to do, because there is no regular need to known some programming language or so, it is just all about gmax mesh animations. also, it is possible to do not bother with such gauge creation from scratch because the main came with CFS3 SKD gmax P-47 and Ju-88 airplane samples

I just meant there could be some kind of cooperation to speed up creating things. the most great thing is the CFS3 airplane exteriors can be merged with other party interiors so to speak. in another words, two teams can start with one simple template, proceeding then working separately and later can be all merged together, even not directly at gmax

btw, I was very long time away from flightsim scene and noticed lately first, there seems are tools which can, with some kind of luck, convert the final airplane end-user add-ons among various flightsim platforms. this probably means people can port eg. CFS2 models into CFS3 without owning the current gmax source... well, aside the fact it may be a permission problem, I think a new sratch work could be very often faster.

and one thing yet: we could get relatively nice Arado 234 by starting with this free downloadable model, but there are doubts its really a free stuff (because some people says it came from a payware model pack, originaly...).

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Take your external model and straighten out odd curves and jagged edges around the windows. Remap VC if you like. Add in a detail seat stick/yoke and panel. Call it a day and if some one complains post the gMax source and tell them to do better or go by a payware version.
    I think CFS3 modelling has moved some way on from such simplicity. See examples by Luca, Steve and Ted or Borek's lovely little Komet.

(The FP Ar234 is really old now, although it was one of the best models in the Firepower add-on...)
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    well, is this really the best Blitz stuff what we can currently have for CSF3, yet as a payware?

as to the virtual interior case I fully agree with hairyspin, all the working gauges, levers and other things is pretty easy to do, because there is no regular need to known some programming language or so, it is just all about gmax mesh animations. also, it is possible to do not bother with such gauge creation from scratch because the main came with CFS3 SKD gmax P-47 and Ju-88 airplane samples

I just meant there could be some kind of cooperation to speed up creating things. the most great thing is the CFS3 airplane exteriors can be merged with other party interiors so to speak. in another words, two teams can start with one simple template, proceeding then working separately and later can be all merged together, even not directly at gmax

btw, I was very long time away from flightsim scene and noticed lately first, there seems are tools which can, with some kind of luck, convert the final airplane end-user add-ons among various flightsim platforms. this probably means people can port eg. CFS2 models into CFS3 without owning the current gmax source... well, aside the fact it may be a permission problem, I think a new sratch work could be very often faster.

and one thing yet: we could get relatively nice Arado 234 by starting with this free downloadable model, but there are doubts its really a free stuff (because some people says it came from a payware model pack, originaly...).
    I have done a number of rebuilds and/or converts of aircraft using Model Converter X. Really depends on how good or bad the model you start with.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    I think CFS3 modelling has moved some way on from such simplicity. See examples by Luca, Steve and Ted or Borek's lovely little Komet.

(The FP Ar234 is really old now, although it was one of the best models in the Firepower add-on...)
    Not in the CFS3 side vary much but have seen the 163 and its very nice. My previous post still stand too.

ok guys, out of a pure curiosity I took a quick look whats available relating to free 3d sources.
    there is a unfinished gmax source avilable here: http://simviation.com/1/browse-FS+Design-7-28

but a much interesting is this:
    found a very nice model of Arado 234 (by helliah) in a blender format and did a quickport into gmax. it is very nicely shaped, the textures are correct ratio, there are wing and tail parts able to be animated and the main body texture is a single file (the rest of textures is for gauges basically). it seems it was designed for Flight Gear simulator...

in another words, this model would be pretty usable for us.
    now just needs to discover hows the permissions / licention, if we would take it bit more seriously

original file download here: https://www.cgtrader.com/free-3d-mod...rado-ar-234--3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails large_arado_ar_234_3d_model_blend_9bd027d8-653a-4268-ba64-10d3772426a3.png   texture.jpg  

Hmm! Quite high poly for a CFS3 basic model without LODs, but a fair bit of simplifying can be done without mangling the model - for example the recess under the fuselage is a thousand polys straight off and it simply doesn't need to be and the wheels have the tread modelled directly instead of textured.

There is also scope for adding more detail to the cockpit itself! If you've looked at the model and compare the 'pit with this pic from the sole surviving Blitz you'll see what I mean:–

(larger, much larger version available on request!)
    Tom

Dagnabbit! These high-poly tyre treads aren't even mapped to the advantage of the details!
    Tom

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    Any chance of seeing the exterior of "sole survivor"?

Tom

quite high poly for a CFS3 basic model without LODs, but a fair bit of simplifying can be done without mangling the model
    yep ... what I was trying is just to find if there would be available some decent free 3d source, which could be, without too much pain, ported into the CFS3.

I think the model from CGTrade / Sketchfab could be the (relatively) easy achievable solution.

I would bet it will look better then the FIREWORKS dated payware, meaning to use for some initial version 1.0 the actual interior mesh as a VC, just by adding common CFS3 gauges (or the gauges from my Komet).
    I would bet it would be better then bothering with some back engineering / porting any other FS/CFS original model into CFS3.

anyway, to optimize the original 3d source for our sim is a common, expectable work and I would wonder if it wouldnt be needed there or here
    eg. replacing the tires with a simpler mesh is a matter of seconds or minutes, creating a few lower LODS doesnt hurts too much, if really they are needed. everything is possible, if there is the will

I wrote to helijah some personal message, if his model could be used for our "thing".
    Last edited by BorekS; August 23rd, 2016 at 02:42.

Lets hope you get a favourable reply Borek, it would be a relatively straightforward job as you say. :-)
    Tom

yeah

I think I may just try to port it into game (I did it at home already, infact) and share any future progress stage public here, which would be the gmax source and / or the current cfs3 airplane at least.

things which I am not good at CFS3 modding globaly and would need to be made with other support is airplane flight model, sounds, effects and damage profile...

ok, as for a possible decent start I would like to ask two things now:
    * should I move the actual Arado model in gmax a bit, eg. center it world axis relating to the fuselage (I just think the current gmax source is bit unhappy positioned)?
    * which CFS3 airplane template to take as a base copy for the new airplane slot (means which one you would reccommend, to simplify a bit the porting process relating to contact points / stability settings etc.)? note: we cant use the FIREWORKS Ar 234 files, because they are payware

Use the Me262 as a starting point since it's another German twin jet. Contact points are really easy to do, once the model is repositioned - model zero point should be on centreline and 25% of wing chord back from the leading edge. Send it my way once repositioned and I'll set the contact points if you like.

Flight model is another story, but perhaps someone has some practise with this?
    Tom

Blog Entries
    Flight model is another story, but perhaps someone has some practise with this?
    If you can find a freeware cfs2/fs9 model with permissions to use it then the fm will work in cfs3 (pretty much). Nice project btw!
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

great, thanks for tips and so, hairyspin

and it is confirmed officialy, Ive got a mail from the original Ar 234 model creator, got permissions to use his models incl. modify, improve etc.
    btw, Emmanuel aka helijah used MS FS1, FS3, FS5, FS2000, FS9 and FSX (and many others, Falcon, IL 2, Flanker II, CFS, CFS III etc ...). but now he have all dropped in favor of open source: FlightGear. this is where you can find plenty of his models and test it in flight.

Excellent news! (you have PM)
    Tom

great, thanks for support!

ok, here is a texture wireframe 2048x2048, if somebody wanted try to make a new skin... inspiration: http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/b/444/2/2

Members who have read this thread: 2