Arado-234 freeware? - Page 2
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Arado-234 freeware?

ok, first images, which presents the birdy on CFS3 ground

I did a small skin repaint by adding some scratch patterns, insignia and a bit retoned color scheme.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3_arado_01.jpg   cfs3_arado_02.jpg   cfs3_arado_03.jpg  

more shots ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3_arado_04.jpg   cfs3_arado_05.jpg   cfs3_arado_06.jpg  

You've got it looking real good Borek

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Simply Awesome!!!! Another great project.

glad you like it at this initial stage already

ok, this time I could show the unedited interrior, which is just a clone of the original external model mesh. the only thing I did is the glass is now mapped with alpha channeled texture.
    I would say it isnt bad, yet imagine some future texture improvements and CFS3 gauges (maybe those from our Komet)...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs3_arado_07.jpg  

Looking really good!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Looks really promising!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

I've been drooling over this since the thread started! Any chance a 'Nachtigall' night fighter with Neptune radar and engine hardpoints to follow this?

glad to know there are fans of this small project
    hairyspin started to work on the model aswell, optimizing the original polygonal count, making undercarriage animations and plenty of other needed things.

I see, you mean Ar 234B-2/N.
    well, to add the antenna mesh to the external model shouldnt be hard at all. pretty easy, justs need to have some decent sources (photos and mainly drawings).
    Ive noticted the nightfighter version is presented over internet with two antenna versions (if not more), which appears from front view like a "X" shaped and thesother is "H" shaped. also I dunno (sofar) hows the radar mounted into the cockpit actually, there must be some radar instrument box, right?

what you mean with "engine hardpoints", mate?

The only picture I've seen of an actual Fug 218 installed in the Ar-234B-2N was in an X configuration. The radar instrumentation was attended to by a radio/radar operator in the rear fuselage (aft guns removed).

Hardpoints were located under the engine nacelles. These I believe were on all B series aircraft and not just the Nachtigall?

There are some other finer details that set the Ar-2343B-2N apart from the others. If you intend to make one, PM me your e-mail address and I can send you more info.

The one for the Firepower version was done as a pylon.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

antenna as a CFS3 pylon mesh add-on solution... interesting idea

I see, now I get what you mean with the hardpoints. doable. yes, I would like to try it, but it can wait fo next week, I will be two days from now away of modding

some another interesting small news: Ive asked helijah if he have the original Arado texture layered templates... they should be available at the Flight Gear site, in a Gimp format.

will try to find it and test it, eventually convert it into PhotoShop and Paint.NET formats.

I may then prepare Arado repaint kit / virtual diorama / airplane 3d showroom, which may skin painters use a lot sooner before the Arado will be released public.

Some more news on the model front: there is no way the main gear wheels can retract through the gear doors since the openings are way too small. Thanks to photos of the real thing, I now know there's another, bigger door ahead of each existing door which opens to let the wheel pass and then closes again to keep drag down. I'll get these cut and animated and we'll be in better shape!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

ugh...its the worst trying to repack extended gear into a converted model

Very happy to hear about the Photoshop template! Thanks for all of the hard work getting this into CFS3 guys!

Quote Originally Posted by sdsbolt View Post
    ugh...its the worst trying to repack extended gear into a converted model
    You're not kidding Steve, bit of a fiddle.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

oh man, really appreciated you sarted the gear animation! could be a true pain sometimes.

I was trying to animate some my own models, which has been already sucessfully animated by past, but lost in time and there left only the open gear model stage. took me some time to animate it to the closed stage properly

however, the Arado 234 model we have is a flightsim model (for Flight Gear) infact, where such things should work same or similar. which means no mesh resizing should be needed.
    in case you would like to make the airplane model accurate to the real one, there seems are another things aswell, which arent proper size...

anyway, Ive quickly checked the enduser Arado 234 FlightGear package content, to find there the Gimp layered texture template. it is there and works fine... also noticed such game models are stored in editable XML format. if that could help us somehow relating to get the gear animation axis and angles...

The main bother with animating is most of the pivots are at (0,0,0) which is as much use as a chocolate teapot. Mathias shared how to align them precisely with helpers and snaps a long time ago, so I'm making progress. I'll be away for two days so unless everything drops into place tonight it'll be a little while before we can lift the main gear on takeoff. Nose gear works properly!
    Tom

ok, now I am just sending a few early shots from the small application which I mentioned - as I could try to do for Arado skin makers.
    the goal is to help to skin makers (to me at least) check the skin paint progress without any need to download/load the 3d model somewhere, without any need to run any game or any 3d modeler each time, if there is any texture change.

still, the Arado PaintKit tool version isnt at final stage yet... and no, the PaintKit doesnt allows to load any 3d mesh, the whole scene is hardcoded into the executable. this means I will need to put there the hayrispins modified (optimized) model if the gmax mesh/uvw map changes would be too much markant from the original model made by helijah.

well, how it works you can check here:
    http://simhangar.nolimit.cz/main/support/komet-paintkit

shame I cant make games / apps at any other game editor but the dated 3DRad (its a DX9), his days are bit over...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3drad_ar234_03.jpg   3drad_ar234_02.jpg   3drad_ar234_01.jpg   3drad_ar234_04.jpg  

ok, if somebody is Paint.NET or PhotoShop / PaintShop user, here are the converted textures PDN and PSD format. new scratch patterns layer and wireframe layer added.

DOWNLOAD
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/hc..._templates.zip

its compatible with the gmax model textures released a few posts back.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for this, I like the Firepower model, and now to have a freeware model for all is wonderful

just wanted to say all the add-ons for Flight Gear open source simulator, just like the Arado 234, are distributed as AC3D mesh models, may be easy opened back with the AC3D again, and are stored with closed gear doors. this may solve lot of problems when creating gmax landing gear animations - in any future conversions

AC3D export into 3DS also keeps the original mesh part name list. thats very handy.

Members who have read this thread: 2