JF Socata TB-10 and TB-20 released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JF Socata TB-10 and TB-20 released

JF Socata TB-10 and TB-20 released

From just recived newsletter (Just Flight):

http://justflight.com/product/tb10-t...-tb20-trinidad

the "old" (from 2009) topic: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...B-10-and-TB-20 .

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hopefully it was worth the wait!

A few people have been asking for GTN 750 integration so we are looking into adding that.
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post

A few people have been asking for GTN 750 integration so we are looking into adding that.
    +1 wow! Very good news!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I too would be interested in the GTN750, as I do not have the 650 and the default just doesn't cut it when you have tasted the cream...

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

I hope there will be some dutch repaints in the future!

http://www.dutchplanespotters.nl/mai...=&idx=6&size=L

http://www.jetphotos.net/photo/8312976

Cees

Feelin' like a real noob.

No idea what I'm doing wrong but I just cannot make the thing start. I've tried everything I can think of, including loading up a default 172, starting it, then switching over. Just dies....

zigarten, there is an option in the addons section for a ready to fly set up. Doesn't that work for you?

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by zigarten View Post
    No idea what I'm doing wrong but I just cannot make the thing start. I've tried everything I can think of, including loading up a default 172, starting it, then switching over. Just dies....
    The TB20 Trinidad works just fine, loads engine started, ready to fly, and is easy to start from cold and dark. I did it
    a number of times, and I'm no expert.

But at least for my install, the TB10 Tobago seems truly borked. When I select the TB10, it loads started like the
    TB20. But as soon as the green "Panel initializing" bar appears overhead, the TB10 engine stops, and nothing I can
    do will make it start. Worse still, if I then try to select the TB20 again either now or later, the same symptoms have
    now infected it, and I can no longer start that plane, even though a few minutes ago before I loaded the TB10, I was
    happily starting the TB20 from cold and dark.
    <sigh>
    The only way I found to to fix the TB20 Trinidad was to uninstall (use your Windows Uninstall a Program function),
    reinstall, and don't touch the TB10 Tobago, fly the TB20 Trinidad only. I've found no way to fix the Tobago.

I think I kind of see why this may be happening, but I'm not certain. When I looked in the TB10 Tobago's Panel folder,
    it's aliased back to the TB20 Trinidad's Panel folder. So maybe something's going wrong with the aliasing back to the
    Trinidad, at least on my install.

I did uninstall, reinstall, and re-downloaded twice before I figured this out.

Sorry for the long somewhat ranting post, but it was all very frustrating. Mind you, the TB20 Trinidad is a really nice little
    plane, very good looking inside and out, and a pleasure to fly. So hopefully in due course I can figure out how to fix the
    Tobago, or there will be a patch.

Thanks - Rob</sigh>

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    The TB20 Trinidad works just fine, loads engine started, ready to fly, and is easy to start from cold and dark. I did it
    a number of times, and I'm no expert.

But at least for my install, the TB10 Tobago seems truly borked. When I select the TB10, it loads started like the
    TB20. But as soon as the green "Panel initializing" bar appears overhead, the TB10 engine stops, and nothing I can
    do will make it start. Worse still, if I then try to select the TB20 again either now or later, the same symptoms have
    now infected it, and I can no longer start that plane, even though a few minutes ago before I loaded the TB10, I was
    happily starting the TB20 from cold and dark.
    <sigh abp="1145">
    The only way I found to to fix the TB20 Trinidad was to uninstall (use your Windows Uninstall a Program function),
    reinstall, and don't touch the TB10 Tobago, fly the TB20 Trinidad only. I've found no way to fix the Tobago.

I think I kind of see why this may be happening, but I'm not certain. When I looked in the TB10 Tobago's Panel folder,
    it's aliased back to the TB20 Trinidad's Panel folder. So maybe something's going wrong with the aliasing back to the
    Trinidad, at least on my install.

I did uninstall, reinstall, and re-downloaded twice before I figured this out.

Sorry for the long somewhat ranting post, but it was all very frustrating. Mind you, the TB20 Trinidad is a really nice little
    plane, very good looking inside and out, and a pleasure to fly. So hopefully in due course I can figure out how to fix the
    Tobago, or there will be a patch.

Thanks - Rob</sigh>
    Seems I have the same troubles with the Tobago.....

Cees

My TB10/TB20 aren't even visible ingame. Did several reinstalls/redownload but when it initializes only the pilot figure becomes visible. Support ticket send. ...
    Anneke

When I first tried starting it up last night, it only worked when I realised that the fuel selector was switched to either the left or right tank. Perhaps the aircraft initialization switches the fuel tank selector to "off".

A

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Rob/Cees - Have you altered your default flight at all? I can't think why the aircraft initialisation wouldn't work correctly as that never occurred during our long testing process and the initialisation code is identical for the TB10 and TB20. We'll investigate it ASAP.
    Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    My TB10/TB20 aren't even visible ingame. Did several reinstalls/redownload but when it initializes only the pilot figure becomes visible. Support ticket send. ...
    Does a 'protection failure' message appear at the top of the screen? If so, our support team will help you out ASAP.
    Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by zigarten View Post
    Have you tried the 'Ready for takeoff' option as suggested by Cees and looked at this FAQ? http://www.justflight.com/support/tb10-tb20/0705dce

If you have and still can't get the engine started, please contact our support team.
    Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by alehead View Post
    When I first tried starting it up last night, it only worked when I realised that the fuel selector was switched to either the left or right tank. Perhaps the aircraft initialization switches the fuel tank selector to "off".

A

Andrew Entwistle
    The aircraft initialisation on aircraft load sets the tank selector to the fullest tank. It shouldn't be setting it to the off position unless the cold and dark option is selected. I'll look into what could cause that.
    Martyn

In my case of the AC not being visible ingame:

I've come to think of it..

"Accidently" I reinstalled an A2A aircraft and noticed that all was broke and could not be repaired. A quick glance in the A2A FAQ learned that:

P3D - Installed but nothing works and all is broken!?

P3DV2/3 sometimes wont install the required simconnect files. No worries though as they are provided by Lockheed in the following directory;
    \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib (replacing 2 with 3 if using P3DV3).

So I reinstalled the required simconnect files, and lo and behold the A2A aircraft, worked, and the JF TB10/TB20 works....so it might has to do something with simconnect(?)
    Last edited by Anneke; August 21st, 2016 at 06:20.
    Anneke

The product uses SimConnect heavily so that makes sense. Thanks for letting us know.

Can anyone encountering issues with the aircraft in FSX:SE or P3D please install the legacy SimConnect (http://www.justflight.com/support/fl...dition/384bffb)
    Martyn

We've updated the installer so it will now install the legacy SimConnect module if required. You can download the latest version of the installer from your Just Flight account.
    Martyn

That's very prompt service Martyn! Chapeau!

Cees

Thanks for the quick reply Martyn. I downloaded and installed the new version, but sorry, still no fix for the
    TB10 Tobago, and still the same problem as described above: the TB20 Trinidad works just fine as long as I
    don't select the Tobago. But when I select the TB10 Tobago, it loads running, but when the panel intializes,
    the engine stops and cannot be restarted. And worse, the TB20 Trinidad, formerly working ok, now has the
    exact same symptoms and it's engine can no longer be started. As mentioned, the only solution is to
    uninstall/reinstall, and select only the Trinidad.

I should mention, I'm running box FSX+Accpack with DX9. I also have Tacpack active, lots of planes and
    scenery, but otherwise a fairly vanilla install. I also just installed the latest Nvidia drivers version 372.54 if
    that makes any difference. And I`m still on Win 7 64 bit.

Has anyone been able to get the Tobago started and into the air? I keep wondering if it's just something on
    my install only.

It's a puzzle why the Trinidad and it's panel initialization work ok, but the Tobago panel initialization doesn't,
    and effects the Trinidad's panel initialization thereafter, when the Tobago's Panel Folder is simply aliasing the
    Trinidad's Panel Folder (which I assume contains the panel initialization process).

Thanks - Rob

Hi Rob. Other people are using the TB10 without any issues and we've not had further reports of the issue that you are encountering. Our support team will look into the issue for you and get in touch.
    Martyn

Hi Rob. Other people are using the TB10 without any issues and we've not had further reports of the issue that you are encountering. Our support team will look into the issue for you and get in touch.
    Thanks Martyn. If it's just my install, and no obvious answers, then I will put in a support ticket. The Trinidad is such a nice
    add-on, I want to get the Tobago up and running too.

Thanks again- Rob

FYI, solution for engine quitting on loading when switching between TB10 and TB20 found on JF Forums.

Thanks - Rob

An update is now available - http://www.justflight.com/support/tb10-tb20/f9351be

• Engine start issues - fixed
    • Improvements to tow bar system
    • HSI and autopilot modified to improve functionality when the GPS is being used for navigation
    • Stormscope 2D panel improved - gauge bezel and controls added
    • Vapour lock - outside air temperature now affects likelihood of vapour lock occuring
    • 'Recharge battery' option added to refill menu
    • Engine management is now disabled by default and can be enabled using the add-on menu (More Info)
    • Legacy SimConnect module included for FSX:SE and Prepar3D users

Martyn

This beauty came out the day I was leaving on vacation. I managed just to make the purchase but did not download. Now that I'm back I installed this latest version. I am more than happy as it looks behaves great. Kudos to the developers and all that helped to make this duo. This is a plane I know I will enjoy much.

Members who have read this thread: 1