B-29 Superfortress Kee Bird

Thread: B-29 Superfortress Kee Bird

Blog Entries

B-29 Superfortress Kee Bird

Thought I'd post this walk down memory lane. Although it was a tragedy, the amazing part of the story was that the airplane was relatively air worthy after being in suspended animation for all those years. The gauges, hydraulics and wiring still did their job well enough to attempt the flight.

Last edited by gman5250; August 17th, 2016 at 18:07.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Great story...for the Broken Hearted!! I don't know how Daryl Greenamyer ever got over that. (Maybe he didn't??)

Some great footage with the Caribous .. as for the Superfort .. a simple put put engine and fire, all that work and effort.

The story of Kee-Bird cannot be fully told, without also tying in one of Darryl's greatest dreams. Shockwave . His aspiration to build a piston-powered racer, and speed record aircraft, capable of 600mph.

It was Darryl's plan to use Kee-Bird to help finance Shockwave. His distraught in the '29 is overshadowed by sorrow, knowing that Shockwave might never become a reality.

A candid photo I took of Darryl in 2013. I exchanged some memories with him, as I had a rare 8x10 black and white photo of the RB-51 from 1976 that my father took, that I was able to hand him as a gift.
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Members who have read this thread: 0