MiG-21MF Upgrade Phase II ready! - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MiG-21MF Upgrade Phase II ready!

I did a test flight and verified a couple of problems with the 'quick start'. It turns the air/ground switch to air. You need to move it back down to ground, so that you can flip it up if you need to restart (then back down again). Then the air start works fine.

The other, worse problem is that using quick start doesn't set the proper code to make the negative-G tank work, so it stays empty, which means any negative G will immediately shut down the engine!!

I will fix these when I can but right now I'm concentrating on another project. When I get a chance I'll look at these problem.

I would recommended not using 'quick start' until it's fixed.

(I almost never use the quick start.)

Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    Ceo1944 , there's another little problem: the air-start procedure as
    showed in the manual (steps 1-2-3) doesn't work. When on the ground I start the jet with ctrl+E after having switched on the quick
    start button (pop-up panel ) and I leave it ON during the flight. May
    be it interfere with the in flight restart?

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Yep. have replaced the black helmet with white in latest version.
    ???

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by ceo1944 View Post
    I did a test flight and verified a couple of problems with the 'quick start'. It turns the air/ground switch to air. You need to move it back down to ground, so that you can flip it up if you need to restart (then back down again). Then the air start works fine.

The other, worse problem is that using quick start doesn't set the proper code to make the negative-G tank work, so it stays empty, which means any negative G will immediately shut down the engine!!

I will fix these when I can but right now I'm concentrating on another project. When I get a chance I'll look at these problem.

Dutch
    Ok Thank you for your support
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    ???

Zsolt

Actually, I havent. I thought I had this mapped out as the fresnel_lamp.bmp, but it isnt. I cant really figure out how to replace that black helmet. frustrating. The helmet seems to be texture mapped in several pieces.

Got things all figured out and uploaded here a few minutes ago. should be available with next library update cycle.

btw. Interesting news.

VAAFSE Vipers are going to have again the old fashioned "Fishbed", "bitter cocks" for every one.
    SSW have used the well-made MIG 21 MF from Ivan Jurcaga and friends, modifying it for VAAFSE needs, adding vACMI compat, an enhaced RP21 radar and some nice liveries.
    When finished SSW will ask the authors the permission to publish as freeware his work.
    Video below shows air to air combat capability using ATOLL (Aim-9 clone)
    https://youtu.be/<wbr>qu0PfV3-Wnw
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Great new!!!!

Dutch
    Any possibility to do a quick fix to get the radar working in P3D? It apparently needs a run time DLL that did not go with the gauge in distribution?

Any possibility to do a quick fix to get the radar working in P3D? It apparently needs a run time DLL that did not go with the gauge in distribution?
    Been done.

Here is an update, compiled without debugging stuff in it. Should fix most issues, hopefully, without any dependencies: http://fscaptain.net/downloads/MIG21MFN_beta_160821.zip

With that update, this MiG is now one of my very favorite "Go To" fighters. Just beautiful work.

Thanks to all who created, modified and painted this birdie!

Awesome job.

Eric

With that update, this MiG is now one of my very favorite "Go To" fighters. Just beautiful work.

Thanks to all who created, modified and painted this birdie!

Awesome job.

Eric
    I fully agree!!! This airplane is one of those freeware product that makes me forget many more sophisticated and expensive payware
    addons. Sometime I wonder how pay-developers could have missed an iconic jet like this ( and they continue to ignore many
    other important military planes, e.g. Mig 19/23/25/27/29 + some
    Sukhoi ).

At SSW there is a "rumor" that says it will begin the development of his own Mig 21 Bis .
    This will happen after relased as freeware a SSW-modified version of Ivan Jurcaga's MIG21 MFN (upon permission of authors) and when G-91, Mirage F1 projects are done, hopefully within the first 2017 quarter
    cheers
    /SSW
    http://www.simskunkworks.com/store/images/ssw_sig.png

Quote Originally Posted by SSW1 View Post
    At SSW there is a "rumor" that says it will begin the development of his own Mig 21 Bis .
    This will happen after relased as freeware a SSW-modified version of Ivan Jurcaga's MIG21 MFN (upon permission of authors) and when G-91, Mirage F1 projects are done, hopefully within the first 2017 quarter
    cheers
    /SSW

So it will be whole model with active weapon ? Not update only ?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I fully agree!!! This airplane is one of those freeware product that makes me forget many more sophisticated and expensive payware
    addons. Sometime I wonder how pay-developers could have missed an iconic jet like this ( and they continue to ignore many
    other important military planes, e.g. Mig 19/23/25/27/29 + some
    Sukhoi ).
    For me it is normal. IMHO, FS addons market customer base is in US, Commonwealth and western and central Europe (France and Deustchland mostly). CIS and Eastern Europe customers represent a low part due to the high prices. So there are more potential sales for a F-105 than a MiG-21Bis.

Also, although there are tons of detailed info available on the web about some soviet fighters and other iconic airplanes (An-12, An-124, An-26/32, An-74, Il-18, Il-76, Ka-32 Mi-10, Mi-17, Mi-26, MiG-21 MiG-29, Su-27S...) these docs (tons of real manuals) are in russian.

For a russian development company must be a piece of cake and of course take the revenues in a strong currency is wonderful...but Only OctopusG and Sibwings AFAIK are russian developers...Sadly Sibwings is out of the business.

Got things all figured out and uploaded here a few minutes ago. should be available with next library update cycle.
    That's a very nice looking paint job, ejoiner.

Where did you find the helmet texture? I've looked at all the files, but I can't seem to figure out which one is the texture for the GD-6M helmet...or any helmet for that matter.

I'm having an issue where the markings I have applied are fairly sharp when viewed straight on (like the first picture) but then as the viewing angle increases they get blurry (like the second picture).

I have tried using higher resolution texture for the markings, but they still have the blurryness issue and I cant figure out what is causing this.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    So it will be whole model with active weapon ? Not update only ?
    Yep, a new model built from scratch.
    /SSW
    http://www.simskunkworks.com/store/images/ssw_sig.png

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post

Where did you find the helmet texture? I've looked at all the files, but I can't seem to figure out which one is the texture for the GD-6M helmet...or any helmet for that matter.

I'm having an issue where the markings I have applied are fairly sharp when viewed straight on (like the first picture) but then as the viewing angle increases they get blurry (like the second picture).

I have tried using higher resolution texture for the markings, but they still have the blurryness issue and I cant figure out what is causing this.

Look for this file to repaint the helmet. MiG-21MF_helma.bmp

Its not in every repaint. However, it is in my Vietnamese paint. Its a simple white block. You cant do anything fancy with it.

Sorry mates but where's the download link for this paint?
    I thought that only the cammo version was made...

Hi Zsolt. Are you going to release your recently painted schemes like the GDR one? Beauties.

Also, I for my own use, updated your Libyan scheme to include Free Libyan Air Force roundels/flags. Just kept it for myself as its your paint. I did find you forgot to paint the forward gear doors on that one...

Hi Zsolt. Are you going to release your recently painted schemes like the GDR one? Beauties.

Also, I for my own use, updated your Libyan scheme to include Free Libyan Air Force roundels/flags. Just kept it for myself as its your paint. I did find you forgot to paint the forward gear doors on that one...

Which one do you think LSK paints?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Which one do you think LSK paints?
    Both of them.

Sorry mates but where's the download link for this paint?
    I thought that only the cammo version was made...
    Hi menef, I am working on this paint and plan to release it as soon as I can.

I am very new at this (this is my second repaint attempt) and am learning as I go along.

I still need to make a few adjustments (i.e. move the "kill" markings forward to the correct position and add red canopy frame trim) before it is complete.....but I would also like to fix the blurry textures if possible. I just don't know what is causing it.

The programs I'm using are Photoshop v2014.0.0 20140508.r.58 to paint and DXTBmp v4.00.96.

I am very new at this (this is my second repaint attempt) and am learning as I go along.

I still need to make a few adjustments (i.e. move the "kill" markings forward to the correct position and add red canopy frame trim) before it is complete.....but I would also like to fix the blurry textures if possible. I just don't know what is causing it.

The programs I'm using are Photoshop v2014.0.0 20140508.r.58 to paint and DXTBmp v4.00.96.
    Ok thank you and good job

For the canopy trim, check file MiG-21MF_1_T.dds (or BMP) and look at the canopy area. you will see a block located in the middle of the canopy cut out section that is actually mapped to the canopy outline you want to color. You can see this in my VPAF repaint, which is dark red in color. Kill markings you will just need to cover with another layer from the paint kit.

Members who have read this thread: 2