OFF TOPIC: New civilian flight sim with VR! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OFF TOPIC: New civilian flight sim with VR!

pilto von pilto, where did you see the interview with the devs?

Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    I bought the original Aerofly FS. Pretty graphics, but it always felt like I was flying a large RC model plane. And the lack of systems and a larger flight environment with which to interact made for a quick loss of interest. Sat on my hard drive unused for a long time.
    Same here. I probably flew that one for maybe three or four hours total. Not a great investment.

This one, though, wow. Been booting it up and flying VFR every chance I get! There's so much more already, and it's still early.

So here's a couple observations...now mind you Ive only watched the promotional video and not flown the thing...so don't pounce on me too quickly!

The only comparison is really with P3D335 and the new lighting engine. FSX doesn't have it.

1. "Default" scenery looks photorealistic so that must be why it's not a world model? Much better than stock textures. P3D textures for scenery overall look just as good when using something like payware scenery or BLUESKYSCENRY. Look I ng closely it appears that lighting is what is pushing the illusion of realism. The shadows are deep and contrast is high. P3Dv3 lighting engine is capable of doing this exact thing and looking ultra realtistic.

2. Aircraft. Is dependent on mesh detail and quality of textures. So I've seen better in P3D and FSX. But it's really a matter of opinion.

3. Flight performance (FDE)...I have not idea! I haven't flown it! LOL. But P3D is capable of almost full realism as fare as the external flight engine will take it and CPU power will allow.

4. Terrain mesh. Looks like they are using extremely high res terrain mesh with photorealism textures. Again if you can find that mesh in P3D you can do the same thing.

5. Weather. None at this time... P3D take tour pick at weather textures and scenarios from default to payware.

6. Systems depth ....again no clue! P3D is fully capable of full systems modeling.

7. Weapons (if you're into that) comes with a detailed Hornet! Again I doubt it... P3D has Tacpack by VRS. Or default is capable of moving many weapons systems.

So I'd be hard pressed to leave P3D. DTG 64 bit is likely to be the only real contender in my view however, if LM releases a 64. Bit version I'll likely stick with it because I like how fast and how much they listen to user input for enhancements. I asked for 3 seperate cube maps (high altitude, medium altand low alt) and we got dynamic reflections! I don't know that it was my request or if they had the vision but either way they are in tune with the mind of the simmers!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

These are flight sims, not girlfriends. You don't have to leave the old one when a new one comes around.

That sim looks pretty cool indeed. Not my cup of tea though, because of the lack of features mainly. But yes, I wish P3D looked that good
    Here is an interesting review/first look from Froogle:

Thanks for the Froogle video. Very helpful. I might go ahead and buy this thing. I am curious now.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Thanks for the Froogle video. Very helpful. I might go ahead and buy this thing. I am curious now.
    From the short video appraisal it looks like it would make a nice addition to my growing list of regular flight sims. DTG is out - Aerofly is in.
    Clearly FS2 isn't going to replace FSX P3D anytime soon but it sure looks like it does what it does well enough
    and fast enough and prettily enough to own a spot on my HD
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

That Froogle video brings out how beautiful the visuals are, and looks super smooth. And if it handles VR (Rift) well, that's another big win. Does it have robust mulitplayer capability?

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    pilto von pilto, where did you see the interview with the devs?

Same here. I probably flew that one for maybe three or four hours total. Not a great investment.

This one, though, wow. Been booting it up and flying VFR every chance I get! There's so much more already, and it's still early.
    Here it be

https://www.helisimmer.com/interview...r-tosten-hans/

Do you have to use VR with this sim? NC

No you don't have to. You can, that's all.
    If you watch the video I posted, you'll notice Froogle is simply using a TrackIR, not a VR headset
    The video is from end of May this year, though. I think the VR was not supported at that time...

You can clear that top display from the screen and get rid of the map and the lens flare, too.

I visited their Facebook page and their website, checking to see if there was any mention of carrier ops capability in the works, but couldn't find any info. Has anyone read mention of this? Thanks, NC

mig21bis, no multiplayer yet. That's down the road.

Navy Chief, again, they're too early in development -- a lot of basics still to be done (ATC, air traffic, finishing the SDK) before they get to stuff like carrier ops.

pilto, thanks for the interview link!

There's a TON of stuff that still needs to be added to this sim before you guys would want to consider replacing FSX/P3D with it. But it's fun for what it does so far.

Think of this like Tesla's first two-seat sports car. It does a small list of things a LOT better than your four-door sedan, but it doesn't have the range or feature set to completely replace the family car. But that doesn't mean it's not fun to take out for a drive!

See this:

Oculus + Leap motions (virtual hands).

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I was skeptical when I first came across this one, however the more I use it the more impressed I am, especially since its in the early stages of development, if they keep updating it should be outstanding in a year or two, the graphics already are better than FSX, P3D & X-Plane, plus it runs very smooth on my old system, we should support these AeroFly FS 2 guys, they are trying hard it seems to get it right.

Very impressive so far. Let's hope they manage to keep the smoothness after they add AI, ATC, weather etc.

It does show promise, will see how it progresses.

Geez, if a sim that's only in 'early Beta' form already exceeds certain aspects of 'FULLY' developed P3D or FSX, can you imagine what a monster it's going to be when it too is fully developed, fully featured, supporting 3rd Party Addons, AND Virtual Reality!?

Members who have read this thread: 0