Scenery Testers?

Thread: Scenery Testers?

Scenery Testers?

I am close to uploading a requested airport "3B5-Twitchell Airport". If this was simply a land airport I wouldn't need anyone to test it for me, however this also has a Float Plane Base. If you have Orbx Basic, Vector Landclass and even better, the latest NA Land Class released by Orbx, then you won't have any trouble with this. However if you are running FSX Basic, FSX/Accel Default or any combination of those with your own hybrid scenery enhancements, then there will be a problem with the Float Plane Area. Orbx shorelines are almost exactly like the real thing. . .the same cannot be said for anything else you might be using. This scenery has specific placement for docks, walkways and a Maintenance Hangar. . .all either on the water or very close to it. I have already seen one instance where default scenery puts those objects about 30 yds from any water.

If this trend persists with beta testing, then this will be a specific addon only for those with the correct landclass and ground textures. The Float Plane Base is crucial to the airport scenery so it will stay as a part of the package. So I need testers with enhancements other than the Orbx combinations I mentioned above. I know that works so I don't need anyone who has that setup. . .it's all the other combinations that are a concern. . .if this is to be released.

Thanks.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Ed..

I have little addon scenery in NA.. your Emma being the single exception. My setup is quite heavily tweaked for the UK and some changes to base files were made to accommodate Marks scenery. Happy to give it a test if this fits your test criteria

ATB
    DaveB

I have FSX SE loaded next to a FSX Acc. Acc has the FTX add-ons you referred to, but FSX-SE is at default scenery with only your airports added.

Let me know if that configuration is useful for testing.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

I could check it in Dx10.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I have FSX-SE with no Orbx outside UK if you'd like me to try it.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Hi,

I have ORBX Global base and Open LC NA but do not have Vector installed. If you want this combination tested I would be happy to try it out. I also have Maine PR that I could test it with.

Cheers,

Hi Ed:

I maintain an installation of FSX Acceleration in default "Direct-X_9.0c mode" on one of my FS Development testing computers, and can also toggle Ultimate Terrain X (aka "UTX")- as well as any custom terrain mesh- on or off as needed ...for the 3B5 scenery area.

PS: Having flown IRL in a Lake Amphibian LA4-200 EP for years, I'd be particularly glad to "test" 3B5's seaplane base.

GaryGB
    Last edited by GaryGB; August 11th, 2016 at 06:41.

Thanks to GaryGB for jogging my cobweb filled cranium. With his help at FSDevelopers the one roadblock to getting this whole scenery package to beta testers has been removed. I will get this all zipped up and a link sent by late this evening. I have "babysitting duties" today, so I'm going to be busy until later this afternoon.

Current System Specs:

Glad that helped, Ed.

I'm looking forward to seeing reports by folks having a 'good day' flying around 3B5 !

GaryGB

Okay Ed, here she is in FsXA, Dx10 and Steve's fixer found one effects file to convert. I did see one scenery item that flashed but I haven't tracked it down yet. It looks great and will be much used by me. The Seaplane base also looks great and nice to see an animated figure waving

SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Now for the seaplane base

SYSTEM :

Great Shots Roger. . .at least I don't see any huge sink holes, lol.

Current System Specs:

Hi Ed..

This is a lovely piece of scenery!!

I've had the default Cessna all around the airfield including places where it shouldn't really have been and found no level anomalies. Blends are great and the water mask works just fine.

Flickering noticed in the first pic.. red roof, sign on the building and doors in the distant building and in the second pic.. the arrowed doors. All tighten up the closer you get. The red roof arrowed in the first shot flickers at some distance.. eg, I can see it flicker before I get to the float base when approaching from the water so of all the ones noted, I guess that's the one I'd like to see fixed if poss. Otherwise.. a big
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Hi Ed..

This is a lovely piece of scenery!!

I've had the default Cessna all around the airfield including places where it shouldn't really have been and found no level anomalies. Blends are great and the water mask works just fine.

Flickering noticed in the first pic.. red roof, sign on the building and doors in the distant building and in the second pic.. the arrowed doors. All tighten up the closer you get. The red roof arrowed in the first shot flickers at some distance.. eg, I can see it flicker before I get to the float base when approaching from the water so of all the ones noted, I guess that's the one I'd like to see fixed if poss. Otherwise.. a big
    ATB
    DaveB
    Hi Ed:

I have similar flickers as DaveB reported above in FSX.

Some additional details are in a reply to your PM here at SOH.

Very nice scenery, and a fun place to fly !

GaryGB

Hello Ed,

I tested the scenery on my FSX-SE setup. It only has your airports and And FSUIPC installed.

I am getting 50-80 FPS with "UNLIMITED", and 19-20 FPS with FPS locked at 20FPS, This means that, even with a moderate computer, and pretty much any airplane, you can still have a very smooth experience.

Besides the anomalies already mentioned, I found 3 trees on the dirt strip that probably should not be there;

The scenery blends in very well with the surroundings, and the float planes have a great location for departure and arrival.

After I landed I was a bit hot, so I found a nearby swimming pool, and treated myself to a beer from the cooler you left behind.

All in all, this is a GREAT scenery, and provides a lot of fun flying opportunities in the area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Twitchell_3B5&_Beta_0.jpg   Twitchell_3B5&_Beta_1.jpg   Twitchell_3B5&_Beta_2.jpg  

And, of course, when I am done testing and posting my results I find an update in my mailbox, lol.

Stay tuned!!

Members who have read this thread: 0