FSX_FS9_HMS Bounty_Paintkit -uploaded

Thread: FSX_FS9_HMS Bounty_Paintkit -uploaded

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FSX_FS9_HMS Bounty_Paintkit -uploaded

Uploaded and available shortly:

The paintkit is in fully layered PSD format and comprises the four main files used for exterior texture variants.

HMS Bounty was a typical tallship of her class - many other vessels were of similar construction and layout, so there is a host of possibilities availaible to the user.

Two 'main' PSD files are included for the exterior hull; one for wood/varnish finishes, the other for 'painted'colour finishes.
    I have included all 'paths' used in the original construction of the release textures - hopefully, you will find them useful.

The basic 'Alpha' layer is a general purpose compromise - feel free to experiment with the values according to your desired results.

Have fun - ENJOY!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paintkit-Thumb.jpg  
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Thank you Sir! Looks great!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Holystone deck

Just now coming late to the party and wondered if a holystone type deck was discussed..?
    At least from a distance items on the deck are more visible though I can see the "bending" of the deck texture
    might suggest a darker texture necessary.

You can see what I mean with the pics. (My paint skills are beginner at best)

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Just now coming late to the party and wondered if a holystone type deck was discussed..?
    At least from a distance items on the deck are more visible though I can see the "bending" of the deck texture
    might suggest a darker texture necessary.

You can see what I mean with the pics. (My paint skills are beginner at best)
    Interesting Seahawk72.

No, don't think I had any discussions concerning holystone.

Attached are 2 pics of the deck of the Bounty Replica and a texture I made to sort of match the tones and wood decking.

In the end, I used something else as this didn't quite satisfy me due to pattern repetitiveness although it looks closer to the deck wood in the pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails deckfwd.jpg   helm.jpg   Maple-Strip-Floor-Photo.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Interesting Seahawk72.

No, don't think I had any discussions concerning holystone.

Attached are 2 pics of the deck of the Bounty Replica and a texture I made to sort of match the tones and wood decking.

In the end, I used something else as this didn't quite satisfy me due to pattern repetitiveness although it looks closer to the deck wood in the pics.

I remember from the CS Forester books about Horatio Hornblower and the practice of cleaning the decks until they were white.

Holystoning was a routine activity on Royal Navy vessels until the early 1800s. The practice reached its height in 1796 when Admiral St Vincent recommended to his captains that the decks of all ships in the fleet be holystoned "every evening as well as morning during the summer months."[5] For a ship of the line, the practice could take up to four hours.

Great pic and references; thanks for sharing.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Cannon..?

I imagine adding the 4 pound cannon for the Bounty would have pushed the poly count too high...?

I imagine adding the 4 pound cannon for the Bounty would have pushed the poly count too high...?
    No, the poly count was already way too high before the cannons were ever contemplated. Fact is I had to delete everything in the Hold deck, most of everything on the lower deck save the walls and Captain's few furnishings, and a lot of stuff on the top deck just to get her to export.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    No, the poly count was already way too high before the cannons were ever contemplated. Fact is I had to delete everything in the Hold deck, most of everything on the lower deck save the walls and Captain's few furnishings, and a lot of stuff on the top deck just to get her to export.

Certainly a job well done as I find myself spending a lot of time at the helm.

Small texture changes..

Some minor texture changes to the decks and deck houses.

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Some minor texture changes to the decks and deck houses.
    Looks like fun, Seahawk72s - you could try out the original wood deck texture and de-saturate for an interesting effect. :-)
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Looks like fun, Seahawk72s - you could try out the original wood deck texture and de-saturate for an interesting effect. :-)
    I tried de-saturating and bumping the luminance, got an interesting grey tone but not the whiteish holystone look I'm wanting.

Members who have read this thread: 0