Very interesting free 3d airplane model sources - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very interesting free 3d airplane model sources

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Here is a cool version of the He 162 (sorry for the other pic its a Fw283)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gh162d-1.jpg   jg283-2.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Wiekniera , How far has the Ef-132 bomber come to being released ? Very excited about this aircraft. Much happy about a new Luft '46 jet bomber that looks so outstanding ! Thanks to all for the time and work to make all the great freeware available here for all us CFS3 fans to enjoy. Grateful to all those who do all the work for us to enjoy free of charge. Best regards , Scott

sorry mate, it's came from an fsx shots...just want to share it here

Blog Entries
    Oh darn . Really only like sims that go BOOM.
    Last edited by sixstrings5859; August 20th, 2016 at 04:01.

thanks for the another german jet images
    found a decent site with all (?) known german jets, here:http://www.militaryfactory.com/aircr...erman-jets.asp

I also prefer combat flightsims, which really wasnt FSX but my friend told me it is possible to do a lof of "things" at FSX...

btw, Ive discovered a few days back first, that it is possible to add own 3D stuff into IL-2: Sturmovik. didnt know that, sounds interesting. but I would still stuck with CFS3 rather

Blog Entries
    Il-2 '46 is the only other WW II combat sim that i play a lot. Gives CFS3 a run for the money (fully updated and the right mods) and is the only place to fly all the great Russian aircraft that CFS3 lacks . Runs smooth as butter and when fully modded you can have more than 500 aircraft available . Still love CFS3 and is my go to combat sim .

ok, guys, when searching for a decent Arado 234 3d free model Ive found this site: https://www.cgtrader.com

Blog Entries
    Borek, if you haven't seen this, for freeware models there's also the ex-Alphasim collection:

http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/

Most are FS9/CFS2 and can be converted with modelconvertorX. It's a fairly painless conversion to CFS3 if they convert ok. The terms of use are pretty open, I did the Bristol Bulldog a couple of years ago.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Thank you Clive, this is very interesting. I managed to convert several models into 3DS and then imported those into GMAX and then saved as M3D. They are GIANT sized in CFS3 and have no animations but I assume this can be corrected with some editing?

Models saved as .3ds from Model Converter X have no animation or smoothing as the.3ds format dosen't support them.

The .3ds format will still have the texture maping saved and moving parts will not be welded/attached to the neighboring part in game. (ailerons won't be welded to the wings .ect.) Note: Some really old models this may not be true for. You will have to name and animate all parts and things like that.

The .3ds format is stuck with the old 8.3 filename so you may need to do some guessing to get the right texture loaded right material in the Material Navigator. Model Converter X should keep the model's scale right so I'm not sure why FOO FIGHTER has huge model in game.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    Borek, if you haven't seen this, for freeware models there's also the ex-Alphasim collection:http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/
    thank you for the link Ive downloaded some such ex-Alphasim stuff from some other site by past.

well, at this thread I just wanted to mention some decent looking free 3d models, which arent available for CFS3 as such airplane type yet, or they are not available for any kind of all the MSFS derivates - at such nice looking form

Thanks for the info.

I imported the MDL into MCX, then saved as 3DS, then imported that into GMAX and saved as M3D without any editing along the way. These models then appear GIGANTIC in CFS3. The pilot inthe Screenshot below is standing within the Alphasim S-55. The T-50 floater is in level flight and NOT banking. The zoom out is maxed so that any other normal aircraft would be about the size of the T-50's door.

How can I save the animations?

Looks like a units conversion problem. mm vs cm, in vs ft, etc.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    have no animations but I assume this can be corrected with some editing?
    Yes insofar as they need setting up again from scratch. This involves positioning and aligning the hinge point, renaming it and possibly animating it depending on what animation it is. The flight control surfaces are coded in and rely on the xdp to control the movement relative to stick input.

The worse thing with the CFS2/FS9 modelconverterX route is that in my experience the model parts are jumbled up. E.g the wing mesh will also contain the pilots head, part of the tailwheel and an aerial etc.! . This is straightforward to unravel but does take time. That time is offset by having a ready-mapped and textured model though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    Yes insofar as they need setting up again from scratch. This involves positioning and aligning the hinge point, renaming it and possibly animating it depending on what animation it is. The flight control surfaces are coded in and rely on the xdp to control the movement relative to stick input.

The worse thing with the CFS2/FS9 modelconverterX route is that in my experience the model parts are jumbled up. E.g the wing mesh will also contain the pilots head, part of the tailwheel and an aerial etc.! . This is straightforward to unravel but does take time. That time is offset by having a ready-mapped and textured model though.
    Any non animated parts will be welded into one large part if they share the same texture. This is and gift and curse. Cutting model for braking parts from CFS2 and good CFS2/FS02/FS04 add-ons shouldn't be hard. At this point I have just about converted over half of the stock CFS2 aircraft to an earlier or later variant.

Having a good textured model is well worth the the time it takes to cut them model aparts and it give you chance to check the model for polygon part that are poly hogs.

Blog Entries
    This Me-262 night fighter is most interesting. http://www.cadnav.com/3d-models/model-1927.html It even has the correct external fuel tanks. Awesome !!!

Blog Entries
    Found the Ju EF 132(free) at Surclaro for FS2 2002/FS 2004. Is there a way to covert this aircraft to CFS3 ? Are there any Luft '46 jet bombers coming out in the future ?

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Is there a way to covert this aircraft to CFS3 ?
    globaly seems such conversion is able with the ModelConverterX, this is the first step. but its not garranted it will be success.
    once we have the gmax model, then its just a matter of time

Model Converter X seems to work just fine with FS02/04 gMax models and FSDS2 models. The same seems to be true with AF99 for FS98 but have rarely messed with many of them and if you use one of them you will be putting some work into but if the model is good one it is well worth it.

Any gMax and FSDS2 model conveted back to FS02 or CFS2 you need to use MDLC and convert the model to a .bgl. This rips out the convertion code so Model Converter X can load it.

FSDS for FS98 seem to be vary mixed bad. Some times you get a model that loads fine. Other times you get a odd plane shaped object and other times nothing at all.

You can try your luck and see if you can get the FSDS for FS98 to load byconveting the model with MDLC. First converting the model to a .sca. (by use of /a) Than the .sca to a .bgl (by use of /m) than to a .mdk *FS02 model* (by use of /l) Change the .mdk to .mdl and see if Model Converter X will load it.

Shessi sent me the above and works for the AlphaSim B-26 but failed with an Ar234. Both are FSDS for FS98 aircraft. Note MDLC has to be used on Vista or older as MDLC is an 16bit program OR use DOXbox. I have used DOXbox to run MDLC on Win 7.

Blog Entries
    Another great site is 3dcadbrowser.com Lots of freeware there in multiple formats.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Another great site is 3dcadbrowser.com Lots of freeware there in multiple formats.
    Good stuff on that one too but we need to be careful with that site, I was reading on the FSX forum that there are some pirated models on there. One unscrupulous individual in particular has been ripping models and trying to sell them.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...len-Work-Part2

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the heads-up on that site. Didn't know.

Blog Entries
    A great site with free and payware 3d models. Found a nice free Me 262 HG III there. https://www.cgtrader.com/free-3d-mod...-me-262-hg-iii

Blog Entries
    Found another site for 3d aircraft models at http://helijah.free.fr/flightgear/hangaren.htm all free to use also.

Members who have read this thread: 0