Upcoming SAAF repaints

Thread: Upcoming SAAF repaints

Upcoming SAAF repaints

Good morning all,

First time poster, but long time simmer.

I have always had a bit of an obsession with the South African Air Force, given that I have had family members serve, and fight for South Africa during two different wars (WW2, and Border).

I have been repainting aircraft for FS games since I can remember, starting with the Alphasim Harvard for FS9...

Most recently I have been working with DCS, and FSX

In DCS.... a Spotty (a stunning paint scheme painted on a Cheetah C)

I have been working on the stunning new A2A Harvard, with several different SAAF Harvards (spanning aircraft schemes from WW2, to present day)

And as of the last few days.... the beautiful new DC3...

Here is the first, very, very rough attempt

I am always open to comments, questions, feedback, criticism.. and even requests.... I hope to upload my work here soon!

Edit- Can't seem to get my pics working... or am I just being dense

It would be fantastic if you could do the battle of Britain Memorial Flight C47.

Cheers Chris

Members +
    Well done, Ari, I'm looking forward to these, as, I'm sure a lot of us Cape Virtual guys are.

Speedy70, not speaking for the OP, but the post is about upcoming SAAF repaints.
    The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight C47The Dakota 'ZA947' currently wears the livery of 267 'Pegasus' Squadron, which flew in the Transport, Trooping and Re-supply roles in the Middle East and the Mediterranean Theatres during 1943/44.

Members +
    Having said that, there are Douglas C-47 Dakota ZA947 textures at http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/conten...Expansion-Pack
    If you have the MAAM Dak in FSX.

Yes I do but I am talking about the new C47.

Cheers Chris

Members +
    Sorry, was just coming up with some ideas.

Cheers,
    Robin

Hiya chaps...

Thanks for the positive response....

I am focusing on the SAAF Daks at the moment but I've already had a quick look at RAF and USAAF Daks from the war....

Stay tuned for more!

Righto...

So version 2 of the SAAF camo dak, using the updated paintkit.

The stencil data has been added and completed to both sides of the fuselage. Small position edits to be done.

Camo has been blended nicely, now just to line up one or two mismatches (nose, engine nacelles), the black 'radar' nose has been replaced with the camo. I must still work on the lower surface colors on the nose cone. The colors are coming across a little darker than I would like, so I'm working on that.

Prop blur was edited to reflect the black props used on SAAF Daks, as well as insignia and serial numbers.

Version 1.5 in the background

She will be coming soon chaps!

SOH-CM-2018
    I promised myself I will not be that guy, and yet, here I am, asking if there are any progress on the SAAF DC3 paints.

Members who have read this thread: 0