Meteor shower
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meteor shower

Meteor shower

Delighted to announce that Just Flight will publish the Meteor. We've also added the FR Mk9.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MetF3.jpg   MetF2.jpg   MetF1.jpg   MetFR4.jpg   MetFR3.jpg   MetFR2.jpg  

MetFR1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Delighted to announce that Just Flight will publish the Meteor. We've also added the FR Mk9.
    Yep. We know it http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ghlight=Meteor .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

Read the models referenced. The FR9 is indeed a new announcement.

Great news Baz!!!

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Read the models referenced. The FR9 is indeed a new announcement.

Great news Baz!!!
    Ahh, ok but I think its a the same package with Gloster Meteor F. Mk.8. btw. Id like to see this NF verions with radar functions, always I like this awful nose ; ) :

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

This will be a fun one, nice thing is the type being so early adds to the fun, the Mk F8 and FR-Mk9 will make for some very interesting paints

Just to clarify, the release was to be Aeroplane Heaven when we originally announced. However, since then, Just Flight have acquired the project for publishing and the FRMk.9 has been added. Hence this new announcement.

TacPack integration???

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    TacPack integration???
    +1. Will be nice but I'm affraid not. Never see any AH model with TP.

Not officially my call anymore but no I do not think so.

FWIW TacPack integration would make me open my wallet for this one (a superb model though it looks, don't get me wrong)

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Barry, thanks for adding the FR.9, nice to have a model with the early production metal rear section canopy and one with the later full glass canopy.

OT Guitar

Bazz,

That guitar in your avatar, is that yours?

Cees

Yes it is Cees. I made it. It's a bit of a hobby, along with restoring old guitars. I call it the FrankenHofner. I used an old "new"stock Hofner factory neck grafted onto a new florentine cut hollow-body I've had kicking about for years. Anyway, lace-painted which was an idea I had from painting my old classic car, and loaded with Gibson goodness in pickups, controls, hardware etc. I made double sure of the set neck and with plenty of wood in the body, she just sings all-day.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=bazzar;1035724]Yes it is Cees. I made it. It's a bit of a hobby, along with restoring old guitars. I call it the FrankenHofner. I used an old "new"stock Hofner factory neck grafted onto a new florentine cut hollow-body I've had kicking about for years. Anyway, lace-painted which was an idea I had from painting my old classic car, and loaded with Gibson goodness in pickups, controls, hardware etc. I made double sure of the set neck and with plenty of wood in the body, she just sings all-day.[/QUOTE

I know this is a little off subject but I used to live in San Diego and frequented the Carvin factory there. About a hundred guitars in their showroom to try out. The neck on some was like butter. Great guitars.
    They also had a guitar kit that you could finish anyway you wanted. Gigged with that thing for years. Great memories. Play nothing now but contemporary Christian music.

+1. Will be nice but I'm affraid not. Never see any AH model with TP.
    Hmmm, that's too bad. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    FWIW TacPack integration would make me open my wallet for this one (a superb model though it looks, don't get me wrong)
    Same here....as well as selectable drop tanks via wieght or a stores management panel. Would be fairly easy to implement the guns...just need to get the code into the sighting system for accurate aiming. Looks fantastic though!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Sorry but personally I am not a great TacPac fan. My personal opinion is that this simulator is a peaceful place to be where you can practice your aviation skills. It's not a combat sim. If people want combat, fly DCS where you can do it so much better. We make warbirds, yes, but because a) they are interesting subjects and b) it allows people to fly iconic and historic aircraft just as you would at a modern day airshow.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    I respect your opinion, Bazz, but including TacPac gives people a choice.<o></o>

I like the warbirds JF and Baz have been building lately because that period in aviation is fascinating. So many developments in such a short time and they still didn't have all the answers so the aircraft are varied and have such different characters. Much more interesting to me than contemporary commercial aviation. All the best with the Meteor!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Sorry but personally I am not a great TacPac fan. My personal opinion is that this simulator is a peaceful place to be where you can practice your aviation skills. It's not a combat sim. If people want combat, fly DCS where you can do it so much better. We make warbirds, yes, but because a) they are interesting subjects and b) it allows people to fly iconic and historic aircraft just as you would at a modern day airshow.

DCS is not really better. It has a very limited plane set and the few theaters it has are too small in size.

FSX has no limitation on theater size...you can literally fly around the world in almost any aircraft you want to fly.

Tacpack integration, especially on jet age aircraft, adds a new level of complexity within the cockpit.

Everything about these older jet fighters was difficult, including the weapons systems and some of us would like to experience these difficulties so we can see what the pilots were faced with.

If someone thinks that warfare and/or the military is so abhorrent that they cannot bring themselves to fly a weaponized aircraft within a virtual world, they don't have to. That's their choice as a free person and it should be respected....as should any other persons choice.

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    ...Tacpack integration, especially on jet age aircraft, adds a new level of complexity within the cockpit...
    ... and to the model development.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

There are many other considerations that need to be taken into account. Such as budget and timing. Licencing has to be paid for, SDKs studied and then approvals processed. It is not as simple as putting it into a freeware aircraft. Aside from my personal opinions, these other issues decide the final outcome. Besides, this is not strictly our baby anymore. It will be Just Flight's call. You could try lobbying them if you wish of course.

By the way, I meant "better" as in more appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
    I respect your opinion, Bazz, but including TacPac gives people a choice.<o></o>
    ...or like Milviz , two version, tackpacked and without TP.

...or like Milviz , two version, tackpacked and without TP.
    Developers don't have to offer two versions, since even if an aircraft is made Tacpack capable (which is apparently license and royalty free to developers), the features wont work unless the end user has purchased & installed Tacpack on their system.

It would really be a challenge to use a Tacpacked Meteor to attempt an intercept of a V-1 as it races toward London.

Weapons offered by TacPack currently do not include the Hispano Mk.V cannon used by the Meteor. TacPack afaik don't want you to roll your own but use only what they supply with the pack
    Tom

Members who have read this thread: 0