Douglas C-47 V3 Piedmont Airlines HD.zip

Thread: Douglas C-47 V3 Piedmont Airlines HD.zip

Blog Entries

Douglas C-47 V3 Piedmont Airlines HD.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Civilian prop skins

Description: Douglas C-47 V3 Piedmont Airlines.

High resolution textures with enhanced bump and specular mapping for Manfred Jahn/Jan Visser C-47 V3. These files are FSX/FSX_ST/P3D compatible.

Installation instructions are included. Read carefully for proper function.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Douglas C-47 V3 Piedmont Airlines HD.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon26 Thank You GMAN

Thank You for doing this. I'm a Classic Airliner (and Scenery) Flyer (no 737, A320, 777 nor boarding ramps, etc. for me) and don't do Military (I must be the only one flying airliners as all the posts have been about military)...although I will plan to try the Paratroopers, just for fun. This looks good. I downloaded the v3 because the MAAM (although good) just doesn't work well in FSX. I fly actual airliner routs and times from the online Airliner Timetable site.

It's funny because my next set of flights (once I got home from Hong Kong TaiTak) on my "to do" list was the Frontier Airlines routs over the Rockies from the early 50's...they were really pushing the performance of the DC-3 on these. Any way I could talk you into doing a paint of Frontier Airlines from that era...I have it for the MAAM version (which is what I planned to use) but would rather do it with this v3?

Again, thank you for giving me an airliner.

Today decided to see what the Paratrooper animation looks like but when I loaded the aircraft I got the Piedmont livery...the panel was correct. The Piedmont aircraft is fine. So I went back through everything in your readme several time to be sure I had done everything correctly.

Here is what I did:
    1) Copied the 6 items from your "texture.piedmont" folder into the "Douglas_C-47_V3.12_Beta" (There is no "Douglas_C-47_V3.12_VVC" folder in mine) texture folder and allowed overwrites...there were two..."Fresnel_ramp.dds" and "propdisk.dds".

2) Then copied the entire "texture.piedmont" folder into the "Douglas_C-47_V3.12_Beta" folder.

3) Then copied the code you provided into the "aircraft.cfg" file and renumbered it.

Any idea what I did wrong?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by triflyman View Post
    Today decided to see what the Paratrooper animation looks like but when I loaded the aircraft I got the Piedmont livery...the panel was correct. The Piedmont aircraft is fine. So I went back through everything in your readme several time to be sure I had done everything correctly.

Here is what I did:
    1) Copied the 6 items from your "texture.piedmont" folder into the "Douglas_C-47_V3.12_Beta" (There is no "Douglas_C-47_V3.12_VVC" folder in mine) texture folder and allowed overwrites...there were two..."Fresnel_ramp.dds" and "propdisk.dds".

2) Then copied the entire "texture.piedmont" folder into the "Douglas_C-47_V3.12_Beta" folder.

3) Then copied the code you provided into the "aircraft.cfg" file and renumbered it.

Any idea what I did wrong?

Thanks
    I can see what happened. You installed files from texture.piedmont into texture.

Remove the files named C47_1_T.dds and C47_2_T.dds and propdisk.dds from the texture folder. Also, if you pasted the file named texture.cfg into the texture file, remove that as well.

Important: Now go to the original Douglas_C-47_V3.12_Beta file that you downloaded and copy the propdisk.dds and texture.cfg files. Paste those into the texture folder inside your installed Douglas_C-47_V3.12_Beta folder.

This will fix the problem.

You can re-download the Piedmont skin from this site. I've corrected the omission that was confusing and led to your install glitch.

If you have any questions, just bump me back here and I'll walk you through it.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Thank you...that did it. All seem to be proper now.

Great paint !

One question, is it possible to include the 'noseout.dds' file in the texture folder in the matching blue color of the aircraft ? When looking out from the VC, nose color shows up as black, but should be blue, no ?

Thank-you, again.

noseout.dds

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Great paint !

One question, is it possible to include the 'noseout.dds' file in the texture folder in the matching blue color of the aircraft ? When looking out from the VC, nose color shows up as black, but should be blue, no ?

Thank-you, again.
    Hi again,

just wondering if such a file exists somewhere I may have missed ?

Cheers,
    MZ

Members who have read this thread: 4