AnKors_Shaders_22_Jul_16.zip

Thread: AnKors_Shaders_22_Jul_16.zip

AnKors_Shaders_22_Jul_16.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 3 Other Add-Ons - Effects

Description: These files are installed into the CFS3 main directory the same way as AnKor's previous versions.

This package includes some of my personal modifications, including new water files in the Effects folder, and a couple of adjusted .fx files (the originals are included with - Copy added to the names) in the Shader30 folder. These adjusted .fx files include several new variables near their tops that will let you fine tune the look of some of the effects. The suggested values are listed in the comments for the variable.

The foamamount value in SeaWater.fx is dependent on the water files you're using and is the cut-off brightness that switches the rendering animation from water to foam. Using a different set of water files than the ones I've included will most likely require you to change this value.

The TextureMagic.ini file has the list of my animated gunsite files already included too. The bottom of this file is where you can make edits to customize what will be included or not in the new auto-adjustemnt of special effect brightnesses at night to fit your particular installation.

I've also edited several settings in the d3d8.ini like the FOV that you may want to change to fit your particular set-up better since I'm running at an extra wide 3440 x 1440 resolution.

Changes:
    - fixed bug with reflective textures not working with bump map
    - improved performance of label rendering (previously there was a measurable FPS drop with many labels onscreen, at least for me)
    - improved performance of aircraft model rendering (nothing dramatic, but managed to offload a bit more work to another CPU core)
    = fixed an issue some people were having with terrain textures rendering as black when seen from a low angle.

The updated files since the 13 Jul 16 version are:
    d3d8.dll

Generally I'm seeing a bit better balance on the CPU load between the two cores I'm using, and there is a measurable increase of a few FPS (up to 5) in the over all display rate.

The label text boxes show a more visible outline along their top and bottom than with the previous version.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AnKors_Shaders_22_Jul_16.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Hi There MajorMagee!

Having a couple of issues with the shaders...

firstly my CFS3 glitches on load and I have to tab out and in for it to boot (minor issue)

But the two major issues I have are the fact that there is always a transparent horizontal line across the middle of the screen, and secondly all the water disappears!

If you've ever heard of this issue then let me know if its fixable!

All The Best,

Jack

(I'm running ETO 1.50 by the way)

Members who have read this thread: 0