Just Flight Hawk issue at menu screen...!?

Thread: Just Flight Hawk issue at menu screen...!?

Just Flight Hawk issue at menu screen...!?

Hello chaps,

Is anyone else getting the same issue....? In the start menu page where you select vehicle, the Hawk loads up way below the viewing window/screen? Even zooming in and out does not show the aircraft properly!?! So I have no idea which paint scheme I am choosing -besides a description!?!

Cheers,
    Tim.

YES, I get the same!!!

Have you submitted a Support Request over at Just Flight?

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    Hello chaps,

Is anyone else getting the same issue....? In the start menu page where you select vehicle, the Hawk loads up way below the viewing window/screen? Even zooming in and out does not show the aircraft properly!?! So I have no idea which paint scheme I am choosing -besides a description!?!

Cheers,
    Tim.
    There's a good explanation why this happens on the web... search for RADItor, it's a free software that allows you to modify the radius and bounding box as defined in an aircraft model. These parameters control how the aircraft appears in the preview window, and are calculated based on wing span and sometimes don't provide the optimum view. I downloaded the software, and modified the HawkT1.MDL, changing the radius to 5, and the bounding box to (-6 to +6, -6 to +6 and -2 to +2). As far as I know, these don't affect the a/c performance, merely the appearance. Probably needs a bit of fine-tuning, but, after I made this change, but the Hawk displays in the middle of the preview window, and fills it quite nicely.

Raditor lives here:http://www.scenerydesign.org/raditor/

Another of Arno's great tools! I normally just set all the bounding box dimensions to 0 (zero). The radius decides how big the aircraft appears in the window.

Phew!! Its not just me then.

Thank you gentlemen I will look into the program you have suggested.

Cheers,
    Tim.

Members who have read this thread: 0