Douglas C-47 V3 Beta missing textures

Thread: Douglas C-47 V3 Beta missing textures

Douglas C-47 V3 Beta missing textures

In the paratroop verson:

Quote Originally Posted by ananda View Post
    In the paratroop verson:

Do you have Windows 10 upgrade?
    I updated from windows 7 64 bit to Windows 10 a month ago and have continuing teething problems
    The Paddrand.bmp file is also an issue for me
    After searching the net it appears as though it is possible not all File associations updated correctly when upgrading to windows 10.
    However, I cannot find PADDRAND.BMP anywhere on my system as yet - still looking
    Anyone out there have any hints as to where this BMP resides?

Ray

GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds should be in ...\FSX\Texture.

FSX should pick it up regardless of the difference in file extensions.

PADDRAND.bmp is mapped to some polys in the VC that are not visible (not sure why they are even there) so you are not missing anything by not having it.

cheers,
    Lane

All I have in the texture paratrooper folder are a thumbnail.jpg, a panel_3.dds and a texture.cfg fallback. Where are the aircraft textures for the paratrooper aircraft?

Thanks, Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by familton View Post
    All I have in the texture paratrooper folder are a thumbnail.jpg, a panel_3.dds and a texture.cfg fallback. Where are the aircraft textures for the paratrooper aircraft?

Thanks, Bob.
    In the "texture.EATS_315221" folder.

The texture.cfg file points to that folder.

[fltsim]
    fallback.1=..\texture
    fallback.2=..\texture.EATS_315221

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by familton View Post
    Have you tried to fly it or even load it up in the sim?

[QUOTE=TuFun;1035486]In the "texture.EATS_315221" folder.

The texture.cfg file points to that folder.

[fltsim]
    fallback.1=..\texture
    fallback.2=..\texture.EATS_315221[/QUOT

The two thumnnails look different. Are you saying both textures are the same? Thanks, Bob.

Yes it's the same aircraft, the only difference is the paratrooper panels has the red and green lights used to stage para drops.
    When selecting the paratrooper thumbnail it switches to the paratrooper panel only.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by Lane Street View Post
    GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds should be in ...\FSX\Texture.

FSX should pick it up regardless of the difference in file extensions.

PADDRAND.bmp is mapped to some polys in the VC that are not visible (not sure why they are even there) so you are not missing anything by not having it.

cheers,
    Lane
    Ok, thanks for that, but how can I get rid of the error box that always pops up when I switch from external to internal views (and vice versa)

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Yes it's the same aircraft, the only difference is the paratrooper panels has the red and green lights used to stage para drops.
    When selecting the paratrooper thumbnail it switches to the paratrooper panel only.
    Ok Thanks. I was jut going by both thumbnails which are different. Bob.

Switch off the error reporting?
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    After all the error reporting is a developer tool. It's not meant for the user.

what error reporting option is that?
    are we talking windows 10 or something in FSX - I see no option that is not already disabled that would enable me to turn off the error dialogue

FSX will not report texture errors unless this line has been manually added to the fsx.cfg file.
    It is not there by default.

[SCENERY]
    ShowMissingTextureAlert=1

You can disable it by either of these methods.

ShowMissingTextureAlert=0 or
    \\ShowMissingTextureAlert=1

or simply delete it, of course.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    After all the error reporting is a developer tool. It's not meant for the user.
    I don't understand this reply

If a texture is missing, FSX will spend unnecessary time looking for it.

BTW. I am using XP.

FSX will not report texture errors unless this line has been manually added to the fsx.cfg file.
    It is not there by default.

[SCENERY]
    ShowMissingTextureAlert=1

You can disable it by either of these methods.

ShowMissingTextureAlert=0 or
    \\ShowMissingTextureAlert=1

or simply delete it, of course.
    Thanks, will give this a shot
    Running Microsoft XP?? wow - and I thought it was Windows 10 at fault !!

@ Ananda, Spike et all, re the 'paddrand.bmp' issue, sorry, my mistake. This particular texture is no longer used and i thought i assigned the new texture to all parts that used it. Apparently i missed out on one part... Remarkable that i never got that particular error message myself...

Anyway, i corrected it but that doesn't help you until the first update is released.. So, in the mean time, i think it's best to give FSX what it fails to look for. Please download this small zip. Inside you'll find the missing texture. Just put it in your C-47 V3.12 Beta/texture folder. http://sectionf8.com/f86files/mj_dc3vc/paddrand.zip

Again sorry for the confusion.

cheers,
    jan

Thanks Jan.

It was still asking for GLOBALENV_AC_CHROME.DDS and GLOBALENV_AC_CHROME.BMP so I added a 32x32 bit invisible GLOBALENV_AC_CHROME.DDS

George

Odd it was asking for the chrome dds file unless it's search was case sensitive. GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds is a default FSX file. There's no bmp version in either FSX or FS9.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Odd it was asking for the chrome dds file unless it's search was case sensitive. GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds is a default FSX file. There's no bmp version in either FSX or FS9.

ATB
    DaveB
    Yes, I have GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds in FSX\Texture and FSX\Substitutions\Texture as well as various aircraft texture folders.

However, there is a texture.cfg which only falls back to "..\texture" and "..\texture.EATS_315221". Perhaps it should also have "texture" ?

FSX looks first for a dds file and if it doesn't find it, it looks for an equivalent bmp.

George

Quote Originally Posted by ananda View Post
    Yes, I have GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds in FSX\Texture and FSX\Substitutions\Texture as well as various aircraft texture folders.

However, there is a texture.cfg which only falls back to "..\texture" and "..\texture.EATS_315221". Perhaps it should also have "texture" ?

FSX looks first for a dds file and if it doesn't find it, it looks for an equivalent bmp.

George
    Yes.. I see what you mean George.. unless the intention was to add (include) bananabob's modded maps to the models texture folder.

Where 2 versions of a map are present (bmp and dds) FSX should pull the dds map but I've found it doesn't always do this. A prime example is the fire engine on Earthsims IoS Tresco. 2 maps were/are included in the folder and FSX goes for the bmp. The end result is a black fire engine! Renamed the bmp and the fire engine returned to red
    ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 0