Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread - Page 23
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13151617181920212223242526272829303133 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HatulBitzot View Post
    Dear Joe
    I checked all the fonts I have in my computer and couldn't find exactly the font that IAF used for the aircraft number (038). I found two fonts which are similar but not exact (Agency FB and Quartz).
    I think that there is no computerized font for this. Probably some artist painted the original characters on the airplane.
    Please find enclosed a picture of the fonts I found (From MS Word) and pictures from the Air Force museum of that plane. There are only numbers on it and no words.
    The lower aircraft at the picture sent by Aharon is for a civilian aircraft used temporarily for a short time by the air force during the 1956 operation of Israel, the UK and France. The regular C-47 planes are as in the pictures I sent.
    I appreciate your efforts to complete this livery and I am sure that once it is completed many SIM users will enjoy it very much.

Thanks again,

HatulBitzot
    Looks more like 'Amarillo USAF' ....except wider...

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    Slowly but working in the new exterior engine HD 4096 x 4096

posted image

Hey Hanimichal!
    As this beautiful repaint of the real thing is also on my desktop background, I am looking forward to your work
    Any news? Or did I miss a link (have searched the thread for it)

Thank you very much!

RNLAF X-9 Circa 1960:

Also repainted in inside, to look more like a VIP interior.

Marcel

Icon22 Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    And for those who have downloaded my NACA paint. I uploaded an update for it late last night and Rami was kind enough to merge into the original zip. This update fixes the NACA wing on the starboard side being reversed. I redid the alpha and the there are some small corrections to the paint itself.

Joe
    Joe,

You're welcome, and thanks for the kudos. I just thought that would be easier.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Can anybody please paint on C-47 this Wien Alaska livery as seen on this photo? Unfortunately, there is NO known color photo for that but it is based on Nationwide Airlines livery. Thanks for any help. Notice full words Wien Alaska Airline.

Regards,

Aharon

IAF font for "038" looks very much like RAF_WW2_851ATH. I think this font is widely available for free.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    IAF font for "038" looks very much like RAF_WW2_851ATH. I think this font is widely available for free.
    There's a font called "Airborne" that looks just like that, also free.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    VH-TMQ is done.
    Time to upload one or two...

You posted my Army Signal Corps cap badge - sounds cryptic .... lol.

Looking forward to your great work - as always.

IAF Font

Thank you very much Alky,

I downloaded the font from:
    http://www.fontspace.com/charles-cas...esign/airborne
    It is free and the 038 looks like the following picture:

I would like to thank all the members who assisted in this,

Regards,

HatulBitzot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Font1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    You posted my Army Signal Corps cap badge - sounds cryptic .... lol.

Looking forward to your great work - as always.
    My old man was Army Signals...in WW2...New Guinea and Crete ....intercepting 'Jerry' transmissions.....then about 30 years in DCA around Oz before retiring and becoming a Ham....VK3-DEK ...

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Can anybody please paint on C-47 this Wien Alaska livery as seen on this photo? Unfortunately, there is NO known color photo for that but it is based on Nationwide Airlines livery. Thanks for any help. Notice full words Wien Alaska Airline.

Regards,

Aharon
    From what I've seen in a much smaller photo, the dark areas are dark blue - nose, upper fuselage and upper vertical tail are white and the lettering, numbers and wing flash behind cockpit are yellow/gold. Wings, horizontal tail and belly are aluminum.

Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    From what I've seen in a much smaller photo, the dark areas are dark blue - nose, upper fuselage and upper vertical tail are white and the lettering, numbers and wing flash behind cockpit are yellow/gold. Wings, horizontal tail and belly are aluminum.
    Thanks, Olderndirt!! That will be a great help to any talented livery painter who wants to take up on this livery.

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by billhuntsman View Post
    I have a question about the Piedmont repaint (which I love, by the way). Although the nose of this plane is blue, when I see the nose from the cockpit, it is brown, not blue. Does anybody know why this is and how to fix it? I followed the instructions during installation. By the way, I am using the black cockpit if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Bill
    I found the same thing on the Frontier repaint...is there a new texture file for that?

Thanks,

This is how she looks as of now. I ended up using a USAAF stencil that looks like a good match.
    Still need to do the alpha and and a few other things before she is done.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Icon26 IAF Livery

Joe,
    This is fantastic! I am looking forward to download it once it is finished. Please keep the good work you do and your contribution to the SIM community.

HatulBitzot

Quote Originally Posted by triflyman View Post
    I found the same thing on the Frontier repaint...is there a new texture file for that?

Thanks,

wat colour you need?

i have upload a few here,maybee you can use one?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzq...ew?usp=sharing

i think they can do better,but it works for me......

cheers
    Ralf
    Last edited by banjoman1960; August 27th, 2016 at 23:42.

Hi banjoman1960,

concerning your Breitling paint:
    My doors are always open for you!!
    If there is anything that I can do for you, please let me know!!!

Christoph

Quote Originally Posted by Christoph_T View Post
    Hi banjoman1960,

concerning your Breitling paint:
    My doors are always open for you!!
    If there is anything that I can do for you, please let me know!!!

Christoph
    Have you try it?
    i use only paint at moment,i cant get the lines smoth,so i use as basic your LH paint,wat is close but not 100%
    if you like you can fix this,in winter i will try gimp,weather is to good at moment.........

Thank´s
    Ralf

Yes, I have tried it and I like it

If you want to have a version1.2 lets do it together when the winter has arrived.
    Than I can try to help you with Gimp. Eventhough I have only scratched the tip of the iceberg of this tool...

Christoph

Quote Originally Posted by Christoph_T View Post
    Yes, I have tried it and I like it

If you want to have a version1.2 lets do it together when the winter has arrived.
    Than I can try to help you with Gimp. Eventhough I have only scratched the tip of the iceberg of this tool...

Christoph
    Thank´s.
    Sound´s like a Good Plan to me..........

Cheers
    Ralf

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    My old man was Army Signals...in WW2...New Guinea and Crete ....intercepting 'Jerry' transmissions.....then about 30 years in DCA around Oz before retiring and becoming a Ham....VK3-DEK ...
    Awesome. Thanks for sharing. Cool that you recognized the "Jimmy" cap badge. I was in for 10 years in the 80s and 90s. Loved my time in the Army, overall.

Looking forward to whatever you end up doing.

Cheers!

DL

Butcherbird,

GREAT GREAT IAF livery!!!

What scenery are you using for realistic looking desert ground?

Regards,

Aharon

I've just uploaded the 2 TAA birds here and the rather plain looking....er....plane....

VH-AEQ [cn:10001] [sn:41-18663] was built as a C47-DL at Douglas Aircraft, Long Beach, California in November 1942 and was allocated to the 5th Air Force, Brisbane, January, 1943 [callsign VHCHC]. Sold to DCA and entered AAR as VH-AEQ in July 1944. Transferred to TAA August, 1946. Pictured here as at Essendon Airport [YMEN] 1960's painted to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the England-Australia Air Mail.

VH-SBJ [cn:13622] [sn:42-93683] was built as a C47A-25-DK at Douglas Aircraft, Oklahoma City 1944 and was assigned to the US 9th Air Force. Sold to Qantas Empire Airways and entered AAR as VH-AII in December 1945. Transferred to TAA September, 1948. Returned to Qantas as VH-EBI September, 1949 and sold to TAA November 1950 and reregistered as VH-SBJ Febuary, 1961. Transferred to PNG as TAA Sunbird Services March, 1961.

VH-SBN [cn:10001] [sn:42-24139] was built as a C47A-50-DL at Douglas Aircraft, Long Beach, California in August 1943 and was delivered to the RAAF under "Lend-lease" agreement [callsign VHCTS] as A65-19. After service with No 33 and No 35 Squadrons sold to DCA September, 1946. Sold to the Australian Aid section of the Department Of Foreign Affairs March, 1971 and donated to Cambodian Air Force as 24139. Pictured here as at Essendon Airport [YMEN] 1971.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VH-SBJ-Final.jpg   VH-SBN-Final.jpg   VH-AEQ-Final.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Butcherbird,

GREAT GREAT IAF livery!!!

What scenery are you using for realistic looking desert ground?

Regards,

Aharon

Hey Aharon,

Thanks, that is the payware scenery from 29Palms, KTNP (Twentynine Palms).

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    wat colour you need?

i have upload a few here,maybee you can use one?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzq...ew?usp=sharing

i think they can do better,but it works for me......

cheers
    Ralf
    Thanks...I used the one for AA (which I had not flown with yet) but none of the others are the right color for Frontier.

Members who have read this thread: 17