Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread

I think this thread is going to explode like the other, ..... A wicked paint-kit and already hooking into old but new , new but old , what a formula

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    using Gordon's blank textures to create dirty version
    Like it! Good job!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Is that flagship repaint available for download yet?
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Has this livery been done? If not I would like to do it.

Bush Air Cargo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails c47.jpg   c47a.jpg  

Hani,

Really looking forward to the v3 American Flagship. One of my favorites.

May I request you also consider redoing your excellent Buffalo livery as v3?

C47 V3 RTAF Thailand

I did make some Repaints in RTAF of this wonderful Bird. Big Thanks to Manfred Jahn/Jan Viser and Team its so nice to fly this Old Lady

If i one day find out how to upload this files here i will share it with the comunity. What you think about it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Phuket3.jpg   Phuket8.jpg   Phuket10.jpg   Phuket12.jpg   Thai1.jpg   thai3.jpg  

thai4.jpg   Thai1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Is that flagship repaint available for download yet?
    Not yet, I am adjusting decals and fonts to be more as in real, so all must be painted manually because I cannot find high definition sources

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ASAASASASA.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Attwood View Post
    I've uploaded my offering to my MediaFire account until I figure out how to put it on SOH
    Hi Ron,
    thank you for this texture. I tried the same with a fantasy-texture with the paint-kit. I have the same problem with your and with my texture: if I start the C-47 with your texture, there are chocks which I can't handle with the Shift-4 menu!? I allways have to load first the texture from the Beta-package and then to change to the paint-kit texture. Then I can set or off the chocks with the monitore. Have you also this problem?
    Best wishes and happy landings
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by flattermann View Post
    Hi Ron,
    thank you for this texture. I tried the same with a fantasy-texture with the paint-kit. I have the same problem with your and with my texture: if I start the C-47 with your texture, there are chocks which I can't handle with the Shift-4 menu!? I allways have to load first the texture from the Beta-package and then to change to the paint-kit texture. Then I can set or off the chocks with the monitore. Have you also this problem?
    I just had another look at it in FSX and it's all good. So no, I don't have this problem.

Weird.

Maybe it's something to do with which aircraft you load as the default flight. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    Ron, I know your work at the A2A forum and I'm wondering you'd have any interest in doing the "Snafu Special" in the post above?
    I did give SNAFU a look and thought I could add it to my list. I'm lining up Tico Belle at the moment. Maybe someone else will take it up?

Hmmm. I can't understand this problem. I had this problem never before downloading the Beta and now only with new textures from the C-47 not with other airplanes. But thank you for answering.

Edit: I think the solution is my special startprogram SIMStarterNG. There are some special things to obeye, I forgot! Your hint for default flight was interesting.
    Last edited by flattermann; July 29th, 2016 at 10:51. Reason: realisation
    Best wishes and happy landings
    Christian

Ok, got a start,,much, much more to do yet as you can see. This will be heavy weathered like the pictures I posted. Based on modified textures from gman's great paint kit.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz1 View Post
    May I request you also consider redoing your excellent Buffalo livery as v3?
    This was my Buffalo livery I did for V2 and have re-done it in V3.

Alky, I think you still need to add some colour to the vent pipe on the left forward side of the fuselage. In version 3 the engine textures need a bit mote space that's why this part has moved (again) on the texture lay-out.

For the rest is still is a gorgeous repaint!

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Alky, I think you still need to add some colour to the vent pipe on the left forward side of the fuselage.
    Fixed!

Hi Alky are you going to upload it?

I would really like it.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Hi Alky are you going to upload it?

I would really like it.

Cheers Chris
    I've never uploaded anything here so I'll give 'er a whirl. I don't know how long it takes to get listed so stand by.

I think if you upload it now it should be available tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    I think if you upload it now it should be available tomorrow.
    Just uploaded, hope i did it right!

Looks great Alky, can't wait to get it...many thanks for your effort. Looks like fresh paint, perfect for those northern VIP flights.

I'd still encourage Hani to do his in v3 also; it presented a more weathered and well used appearance for those dirty cargo
    runs into tight unpaved strips.

That way we have a choice of clean or beat up.

Another favorite of mine I believe is worthy of the v3 treatment:

By Gary Harper

Many, many years ago my father used to fly in and out of the Libyan desert on one of these. It would be wonderful if someone would take a shot at painting it. I wish I had personal photos, but this was a long, long time ago...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mobil%20DC3.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	41079

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4943613578_ca92bcb1e8_b.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	190.6 KB 
ID:	41081
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4943613578_ca92bcb1e8_n.jpg  
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

One that I am playing with, Should be a DC-3 and not the C-47. This one was formally a KLM bird (PH-ALV), captured by the luftwaffe at Schipol and operated by Deutsche lufthansa circa 1941.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz1 View Post
    Another favorite of mine I believe is worthy of the v3 treatment:

By Gary Harper

Yes, please
    Gérard

Lightbulb Rjaf c-47a '111'

Greetings,

to all of you good repainters, I'd like to make a suggestion: C-47A (cn 19460) '111' from the Royal Jordanian Air Force which is exhibited at Hermeskeil, Germany. She is the closest Dakota to where I live and I think she quite perfectly qualifies for a repaint. See for yourselves:

Photos © Ruud Leeuw http://www.ruudleeuw.com/hermeskeil05.htm

What do you think?

Best, paulopp

Members who have read this thread: 19