Paint Kit for Jan Visser/Manfred Jahn C-47.zip

Thread: Paint Kit for Jan Visser/Manfred Jahn C-47.zip

Blog Entries

Paint Kit for Jan Visser/Manfred Jahn C-47.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Utilities

Description: Paint kit for Jan Visser/Manfred Jahn Douglas C-47 V3. Kit is Photoshop format and includes comprehensive layers including rivet/panels, wear, shadowing and details. Ted Wolfgang radial engine textures are included in a dedicated layer. Previous skins created for earlier versions of the MJ DAK can be easily converted for the new model using this kit.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Paint Kit for Jan Visser/Manfred Jahn C-47.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Please consider using this kit to make That's All Brother...

More details:

Thanks much guys. It's important to me That's All Brother live not just in real life but also FSX-P3D.

I'm going to stick my head above the parapet and show myself as ignorant.

How on earth does one convert one 4096x2048 image into two 2048x2048s? I spent the biggest part of the day trying to 'logic' my way though it. I just can't get my head around the concept. The closest I came was to copy merged one half and make a new image. Saved it as BMP, converted to .dds. Repeat for the rear end. This at least results in an aircraft that doesn't look as though it's been through a mixer! I can't believe that's the way to do it though.

I just need a shove in the right direction...Please.

Blog Entries

Strange...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Attwood View Post

How on earth does one convert one 4096x2048 image into two 2048x2048s? I spent the biggest part of the day trying to 'logic' my way though it. I just can't get my head around the concept. The closest I came was to copy merged one half and make a new image. Saved it as BMP, converted to .dds. Repeat for the rear end. This at least results in an aircraft that doesn't look as though it's been through a mixer! I can't believe that's the way to do it though.

From what you say... it seems you want to take a rectangular image and turn it into two SQUARE images????
    Maybe something is being lost in the translation.... lol... Can you explain with pictures... sometimes a
    picture is worth a thousand words... either that or I am too dumb to understand what you mean...

G.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Attwood View Post

Shove attached:

Save your 4096 x 2048 texture sheet (from PK) as a bitmap. Example: C47_12_T.bmp

Open the C47_12_T.bmp file and use Image/Canvas Size or Alt+Ctrl+C size to open the Canvas Size menu. In the menu enter 2048 for both width and height parameters.
    Be sure to use the little arrow tool to orient the canvas size to center left, or center right.

Once the image is resized to 2048x2048 save it off as either C47_1_T (forward) or C47_2_T (aft). These will now correspond to the working texture sheets in the sim.
    Tip: After you do the first canvas size, undo the resize (reverting back to 4096x2048) and repeat for the steps, this time orienting the canvas to the opposite side of the image you just saved.

Now you will have two proper texture sheets that can be processed into the sim in DXTbmp.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

It would have been a month of Sundays before I stumbled upon that method. Perhaps never! Now to organise the 'Actions'. A bit more involved than just F2.

Thanks very much, I can now set about some painting.

Little EDIT: Finally got some kind of work flow going. Happy bunny.
    Last edited by Ron Attwood; July 26th, 2016 at 11:23.

Members who have read this thread: 5