Newspaper story on my dad

Thread: Newspaper story on my dad

Newspaper story on my dad

http://www.auburnjournal.com/article...ers-final-call

theres a pic of him at the link standing next too a 1955 Dodge "Job Rated" pickup,one of three grandpa had for the business.."the Fleet" as he called them...lol.

here are the two trucks we used starting in mid 1986,he is next to a 1986 Ford Ranger,the pipe rack was pained in the body color with pinstriping to match and he had a toolbox that sat sideway behind the cab,it was painted to match as well..was a really nice truck."mine" was a 1969 built, 1970 model year ( i dont why that was important to him but it was) Ford F250 "camper special" with a "utility box of Oakland cal" work box on it.custom made pipe rack on it,,made of all 1 1/2 black iron pipe,with all threaded connections,including several reverse threads to tie it all together,we still have the reverse thread dye in the shed,it does 1/2" to 2"..adjustable.NO welding at all..lol.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1986-2 70 Ford & 86Ranger.jpg  

Very good article. Does that happen to be you with the beard in the pix ?
    A handsome young lad ('80s vintage), indeed. Or are you the blonde ?

thabks guys,and lol..thats me with the Amish beard..the little guy is now a 36yo man...Eli my nephew when he was 5yo...everyone in our family had those satin jackets with the company logo on back.dad and i also had light wieght wind breakers with the same...think they had our names too.

Fantastic tribute to your dad from his community! I have always felt that the media wants us to focus on celebrities and athletes when the real "heroes" are guys like your Dad.

I told my niece one time, "Who's more important in your life... the guy who picks up the garbage or Kim Kardashian? You can live without the Kardashians and your life wouldn't change one bit but you couldn't live without the guy that picks up your garbage" (or fixes your broken pipes).

Obie

That was indeed a nice tribute to your father, Dave.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Great article Dave! Thank you for sharing it with us!!!
    Best airshow/rock concert ever!
    First flight game/sim...Atari 8 bit USAFF text based WWII bombing game!
    i7 6700k @ 4.675 ghz | Asus Maximus VIII Formula Mother Board | 500 gig Samsung EVO 950 M.2 for OS | Crucial 500 gig SSD dedicated to P3D | 16 gigs Corsair Dominator DDR4@3200 | Corsair H115i AIO 280mm | GTX Asus Strix 1080 GPU | 4K 49" LG Monitor | Windows 10 64 bit

thanks for the kind words everyone.

Hope the brunch goes well tomorrow Dave, time to reminisce and share stories.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

thank you,im hoping it will all be ok...i know it will be fine..we have a great support group,family and friends,i even got a call from a guy i was a firefighter with,we grew up together and our dads were auburn volunteers together,kurt hasn't been a part of this department for as many years as myself,but he took it on himself to go to the Auburn Hook and Ladder company No 1,which is one of the original names to the dept here,and asked them to come together and not just be here (which many will be on thier own) but to send a crew for clean up duties on sat afternoon.

i got off track again...im worried about mom,shes been sick herself,and the past few days she cant think of anything to be done,which were not letting her be "incharge" of anything lo,but people will call and ask if they can help,and she will tell them something thats completely off the wall that has to do with todays work party or tomorrow.

funny thing,she just called me,today shes coherent and speaking clearly,yesterday i felt she would fall asleep as she spoke,which is what she did when we almost lost her 3 years ago.i have a feeling today will be much better than i feared....yay...

Members who have read this thread: 0