Windows 10 a/c selection

Thread: Windows 10 a/c selection

Icon5 Windows 10 a/c selection

I have just upgraded to Windows 10, and FS9 seems to be ok apart from the window which displays the selected aircraft, which is black. Any ideas, please?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

This is a well known problem related to anit-aliasing or so. Google it.

All I could find was to use Alt+enter to toggle between full screen and window mode. Is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    All I could find was to use Alt+enter to toggle between full screen and window mode. Is that it?
    That's it, I'm afraid.

Dave

Ok, thanks. Well, it does the trick, I suppose. but it's not a very elegant solution.

Same in Windows 8.1 I'm afraid. As you say, not a perfect solution but one gets used to it very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    I have just upgraded to Windows 10.....
    Me too. Have to say I'm completely underwhelmed so far, About 80% of the my programs and games I have tried, either, don't work at all or I've had to jump through many complicated hoops to get them going. Yet it has brought me no foreseeable benefits bar working with my new hardware. Jumped from Vista, but wish XP was still a viable option. Had to upgrade for my new rig (still not completely built, but getting there.

The black screen is an old problem, IIRC it happened with CFS2 with Vista. Alt + Enter has always been the fix AFAIK.

Jamie

SOH-CM-2023
    I just upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7. So far I havent had too may issues. I did put FS9 on a separate SSD (E: drive) and I did already have the no-cd patch installed. My only real issue so far is my joystick and pedals dont always seem to come up, but if I unplug them and plug them back in they seem to capture fine but that has been my only gotcha so far. I miss the old solitaire though. New one is way to flashy and network connected. everything else has worked without a hitch.

Sean

As I remember, the AA issue cropped up with certain video drivers on XP. If you turned it down below a certain point, the preview window would work in full-screen mode. In later OS versions, it's just a matter of windowed vs. full-screen. On my own 'puter, I seem to get fewer stutters in windowed mode anyway, so I just fly with the window maximized. The difference in screen real estate isn't that much anyway.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 1