Wanted: Good high power search light effect

Thread: Wanted: Good high power search light effect

Wanted: Good high power search light effect

Hi, I posted this in the P3D forum because thats what I mostly fly, but this could just as easily post here because the airplane Im interested in is really for FSX.

I want replace the searchlight spot light on the Virtavia Marlin. I've tried various landing lights, which have a capability I want, which is to cast a beam of light. However, I am looking for something a bit more powerful and would like to angle it downward to a degree so it can search the water surface. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Hi, I posted this in the P3D forum because thats what I mostly fly, but this could just as easily post here because the airplane Im interested in is really for FSX.

I want replace the searchlight spot light on the Virtavia Marlin. I've tried various landing lights, which have a capability I want, which is to cast a beam of light. However, I am looking for something a bit more powerful and would like to angle it downward to a degree so it can search the water surface. Any ideas?
    Eric,

You are welcome to try the search light effect I used for the S2F-1, attached, that uses the fx_2.bmp texture.

However, a better solution may be to use the fx_beam texture in the effects/texture folder if you can get someone to do the effect coding for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post

That would also be a great improvement to the searchlight on the P-2V Netune..... NC

Members who have read this thread: 0