******attn prayers and help needed for one of our own***** - Page 6
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: ******attn prayers and help needed for one of our own*****

I don't believe it! Is the US medical system so messed up that a man's life can be put in jeopardy due to MONEY??

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

I guess so. Read all bout-it here !

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I wish to express my great gratitude for all the support and kindness I from my brothers and sisters here at SOH.
    And i am very Grateful for the kind souls who have given so generously to my
    Go fund me account..

I am suffering at the hands of a system where the value of a life is counted in dollars..
    Please if you love someone, see they have some kind of medical coverage..Whatever this takes to do this.
    ****Don't allow anyone you love to end up like me..
    This is terrible and beyond my understanding..Weeks of suffering and pain, all because i am poor and have no health coverage..
    Please don't allow anyone you love to end up this way..
    God bless all here for your kindness..

We'll keep praying, and helping as we can.

Another night no meds, lots of pain again..And no blood thinners for the blood clots also.. Hopefully i will survive this place, it will up to our Lord, not the staff here..
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    You are heavy on my heart and in my prayers. Miracles still happen. Sorry for your pain and suffering.

It is an unbelievable yet sadly too familiar circumstance that you are currently suffering through Owen.

We are thinking of you and astounded you have come so far so quickly, so stay strong. The system SHOULD be taking more care of you, but there are many behind you in support, thoughts, and prayer. Keep your chin up; you will get through this.

Cheers,

Scott

Blog Entries
    I'm speaking from experience here, I went through a similar experience in 2009. I fell two stories and landed flat on concrete resulting in massive injuries, multiple broken and shattered bones including my back. The employer had no insurance so I was shoved out of the hospital once they realized that there was no money to be had. I spent the next two years re-habilitating myself...no pain meds from day one. I lived alone, so I had no one to take care of my day to day requirements.

First Owen...

You can get through this regardless of the pain. It is not easy, but it can be done.

My most immediate concern is your blood clots. It is very possible that you are having a reaction to medications given to you at the time of the trauma care or currently being administered. Some meds (may, in very rare cases) produce immediate and severe clotting, although very rarely in men.

Regardless of how the clotting was triggered, it is absolutely imperative that your anti-clotting meds be maintained. I don't know what form of thinners you have been on until this point but there are very affordable treatments, like Coumadin for dealing with blood clots. Your bones will heal, but the clotting cannot be left as a unknown.

If you have been prescribed Coumadin.

You should be receiving a series of blood draws to establish your clotting factors. This would be a PT-INR. Usually this is done weekly until your anticoagulant meds bring you to a stable level.
    Your thinning meds would need to be adjusted to bring your numbers into a stable range that must be maintained for the duration of your treatment for the clots. I cannot over stress the importance of this.

If you are not receiving proper care, you need to be removed from the facility and take control of the administration of the your meds. If you are on Coumadin, you can take the medications yourself, but it is vital that you monitor the PT_INR results with continual draws until you stabilize.

This is very serious sir, but can be managed if you take control of your care from the care-givers and remain proactive in your own healing.

Last winter I went through a situation where I sustained massive clots in my Femoral arteries, resulting from wrongly prescribed pharmaceuticals, in this case an antibiotic.
    Once I isolated the cause, I took control of the treatment with the cooperation of an educated doctor. I spent six months completely immobilized to mitigate any possibility of the clots moving to my heart or lungs.

Reading this blog has been very difficult and troubling. I have my own opinions on the medical/pharmaceutical complex that I shall keep to myself, but I became alarmed when I saw that your blood care is not being taken seriously by those to whom you have entrusted your care.

Please take this post as it is intended sir, and with my good intentions for your recovery.
    Last edited by gman5250; August 23rd, 2016 at 08:59.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Just been told I am being tossed out on the 26th, Yea i can't even crawl, or even feed myself.. But due to money issues I must GO..
    Three days fom now being tossed into the street.
    Pray for me please that this changes..

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Seems things just got very serious ;****I am not being discharged..***And the seriousness of the blood clots addressed..Just found out these can kill me. someone really have screwed up and set this date to toss me out without checking my status.. Thanks to my sister, and to my friend Deano for raising hell, and getting this stopped.I have been placed on bed rest only, no more wondering about, and legs raised till this blood clot issue is over..
    I didn't know how serious this was. But i will now get more powerful blood thinners, and blood monitored daily.. Grateful for the help, and hopeful.

Blog Entries
    Owen,

This is excellent news to hear that you are being taken seriously.

The blood clots, or Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) is potentially fatal for the duration of the existence of the clots. The clots are fibrous and thread like, and if one small piece of that breaks loose it can go to your heart, lungs or brain. That would be incredibly bad.

The blood thinners will slowly break down the clotting, but it is extremely important that you remain calm...relaxed and quiet while your body is doing it's work.

It took six months for me to beat the clotting, and the whole time I remained very quiet. I actually did a bunch of airplane and scenery modeling while I was in the "chair" with my frickin' legs up in the air. Not fun, but I'm alive to be as mean and nasty as ever.

Good for your sister and friend for taking point on this. They probably saved your life sir.

All the best and good energy coming your way to help you safely to healing. It's hard to keep us old bikers down!
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post

FYI

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

I can't understand how it is possible to be thrown away from hospital with serious health issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Quote Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
    I can't understand how it is possible to be thrown away from hospital with serious health issue.
    I think it has something to do with the American health system being mostly profit-orientated. I guess ObamaCare tried to change some of that but din't go far enough.

Anyway I wanted to donate but can't since the systemwill only accept credit cards. I don't have one and want to donate through Paypal- Is there any way to get around that please?

A little news from Dunbar Rehab home for Hobbits

Attention ALL I hae been moved to room 307,, no longer in room 315 **** In room 307. New phone number 937-469-6355
    Last edited by MajorMagee; August 24th, 2016 at 19:40.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I am so sorry Owen! Dropped in to see how things are gong at the sim outhouse and I see this thread. I always enjoy your post and comments. They bring a smile to my face. I will keep you in my prayers. Stay strong my friend.

Jim
    Jetline system
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Intel(R) Core (TM)i7-4790k cpu 4.00GHz
    8.00 GB 64-bit Operating System
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I wsh to express my deep gratitude for the support for the "GoFundMe" account from my brothers and sisters here at SOH
    When this was started by my friend John, to be honest i did not expect this to happen.
    tearfully, i am so very touched by the kindness, shown to me by many here..

I am proud to be a part of this family and as a veteran, i will salute all here..
    Thank You to ALL

Watching over a friend, this is all what this is about !
    Hang in there Owen !

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    I spoke to Owen on Skype, along with several others.

He is fighting the good fight, to be sure.

I have little doubt that he will win out and shake off this terrible episode.

My salute and prayers to you, Owen.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

Quote Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
    I don't know why Owen hasn't tried talking to the VA? If he is dealing with Social Security, why not use Medicare? Or call the county for Emergency help.

SLIP STREAM

August 17th, 2016, 23:49

Hobbit in the Hole

Things have changed for Hobbit over the last few days. The illegal that hit him. Has been deported 3 times with 2 prior felonies. He's not talking. The company appears to be a fake. Owen's lawyer just quit with out giving a reason. So he's had to hire a second one. Something is wrong with that picture. So no funds there. The V.A. won't help. It's not military related. His insurance company only has him covered on full bike coverage. Not medical. Ohio doesn't have an ACCES program. So they were kicking Owen out of the hospital. Because his allotted time was up. Even in sever condition. They did his finial inspection and found 3 blood clots. So they didn't kick him out. Now he is back on tubes and bed restricted. Now it's all coming out of his pocket. He doesn't have two pennies to stack. He's applying for emergency SSD and SSI to cover costs. He can't type again so this is it for now. He's still toughing it out. He needs everyone's prayers again. Thanks guys

https://www.gofundme.com/2jqz8v8

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    It has been a difficult time, medicade, after 7 weeks still hasn't been approved and the VA has also is refusing to help, as my lawyer said to me you not only have fallen into the cracks but seems you don't even exist..
    I have developed another blood clot in my right foot, and still limited to no movement, bed rest..Taking blood thinners to combat these..
    my pain from the spinal injury continues and limits my use of my left hand,,the one part of my body without any broken bones, being right handed and having
    to use my left hand which movement causes pain from the spinal issues, is a challenge..typing is painful and slow going..
    Got the news today my beloved Scooterbike will be declared totaled scrap too damaged to be worth repairing..
    A another punch in the gut..
    Beginning to think that medicade and the VA have decided the same thing for me, scrap too damaged to be worth repairing..
    I served my country, with honor and never expected to be kicked into the gutter.. But I guess i am not the only person to suffer this..

Many THANKS to all here who have and are helping me, very very Grateful, and deeply touched..
    May God bless each of you..
    Your HouseHobbit, still fighting and standing my ground...

Thanks for the update Owen, so sad to read this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    OOOOPPPS!!!
    It has been over 8 weeks, I have lost track of time, it seems..
    WOW!! two months and still on my back unable to walk, haven't received any rehab here so I guess this should expected not to walk yet..
    Looks like i will have to learn on my own once the blood clots are gone..
    Not a problem, learned to walk when i was a baby hobbit, i can learn again..

A picture from this evening's visit. He's doing far better than the last time I got to see him (which he didn't remember), but will be dealing with a lot of pain for a long time to come. He has not been seen by a doctor since he left the hospital. He is still in need of several surgeries to put all the pieces back where they belong, but until he gets some official support behind him no hospital or surgeon will take him on. The biggest pain is the system that is designed to make it difficult to give someone like him help. He found out today that SS won't help because he's been out of work for the last 5 years. He will now have to file an appeal based on the 36 good years of work history before that. Meanwhile the VA and Medicare are both trying to wait each other out so they don't have to have his care come out of their budget. The lawyer is thinking is terms of a year before he gets a settlement on the totaled motorcycle from the insurance company, and multiple years before they might be able to get anything to help with the medical costs.

He's in good spirits all things considered, and is flirting with his nurse about their plans to go ride on his motorcycle together some day. He is sincerely humbled by how many people are standing with him through all this, and was in tears about the success that the Go Fund Me effort has had.

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Thank you for keeping us posted.

Members who have read this thread: 9