Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: ******attn prayers and help needed for one of our own*****

Thanks.

It's just unbeliveable....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Please forgive me, I don't remember the first 7-10 days of any of this ordeal.. I have been told many people came the first few days, even the first week..I am very sorry i do not have any memory of this time, just bits and pieces..I want anyone who came to know I am very very Grateful, and very sorry I did not realize or remember this.
    I also was told that the doctors didn't expect me to live the first few days, see I did!! yea hard to kill a hobbit..Oh Yea.. Thank you to everyone for your kindness, again please forgive me i don't remember who may have came in the beginning of this ordeal.. Very Very sorry for this..

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    A picture from this evening's visit. He's doing far better than the last time I got to see him (which he didn't remember), but will be dealing with a lot of pain for a long time to come. He has not been seen by a doctor since he left the hospital. He is still in need of several surgeries to put all the pieces back where they belong, but until he gets some official support behind him no hospital or surgeon will take him on. The biggest pain is the system that is designed to make it difficult to give someone like him help. He found out today that SS won't help because he's been out of work for the last 5 years. He will now have to file an appeal based on the 36 good years of work history before that. Meanwhile the VA and Medicare are both trying to wait each other out so they don't have to have his care come out of their budget. The lawyer is thinking is terms of a year before he gets a settlement on the totaled motorcycle from the insurance company, and multiple years before they might be able to get anything to help with the medical costs.

He's in good spirits all things considered, and is flirting with his nurse about their plans to go ride on his motorcycle together some day. He is sincerely humbled by how many people are standing with him through all this, and was in tears about the success that the Go Fund Me effort has had.

Thanks Andy, I am Very Grateful.

Happy Birthday Hobbit

Hey Owen,

I hope I'm not mistaken but I saw it was HouseHobbit's birthday today. Many happy returns mate!

I am really impressed and thankful that you have pulled through as well and as a soon as you have, and the situation and system you have been left in just plain SUCKS! I tell you it really upsets and angers me that a man such as yourself who has given so much is left to his own devices when just outside of death's door, all due to one of the worst health care systems in the world. I actually contacted the MVH ages ago in the hopes of them having some sense of caring and compassion and was told they would be contacting you directly about the lack of care, but I see that hasn't come to fruition as I had hoped.

What can I say, but hang in there mate and try and enjoy this special day. Your strength is an inspiration.

Cheers,

Scott

Corrected phone number is 937-496-8355, room 307, Dunbar Rehab
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Corrected phone number is 937-496-8355, room 307, Dunbar Rehab
    Andy I made a mistake on that number, it should be 937-496-6355..

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    Hey Owen,

I hope I'm not mistaken but I saw it was HouseHobbit's birthday today. Many happy returns mate!

I am really impressed and thankful that you have pulled through as well and as a soon as you have, and the situation and system you have been left in just plain SUCKS! I tell you it really upsets and angers me that a man such as yourself who has given so much is left to his own devices when just outside of death's door, all due to one of the worst health care systems in the world. I actually contacted the MVH ages ago in the hopes of them having some sense of caring and compassion and was told they would be contacting you directly about the lack of care, but I see that hasn't come to fruition as I had hoped.

What can I say, but hang in there mate and try and enjoy this special day. Your strength is an inspiration.

Cheers,

Scott
    Thank You very Much....Scott

Icon22 Reply...

Owen,

I am praying every day both for your recovery and for your insurance and support efforts to get settled. The whole situation is one big s*it burger, but knowing you and your character, you're strong and stubborn enough to ride it out. Keep that sense of humor active as well, that helps!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

I had a nice visit with him again today to help keep him company on his Birthday. He is an amazing man who more people should get to know. He sends his love to you all.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    In my thoughts and prayers. Hope everything gets better for you, day by day. Happy late birthday !! Best regards , Scott

Happy birthday Househobbit,
    Hope your recovery will be swift.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Thank you very much, This has touched me deeply, my dear family here at SOH has been a wonderful support and strength for me during this ordeal ..
    I am doing my very best to show the many in the hospital and the facility where I am that we veterans, and family of SOH Tkat we don't give up, or give in.
    This has been a ordeal but with the support of many here at SOH and with those here I will heal, and return to my mischief, and my CFS3 work..

I am greatly indebted to so very many here at SOH for the wonderful support and kindness for so much..
    Including the amazing generosity shown me for the gofundme account by my family here at SOH this has left me greatly humbled, and touched me deeply..
    My Gratitude has no bounds and I hold each of you here in my heart and prayers..

Holy Cow

I have been in the process of moving from Dayton back to the farm and did not know this was going on.

Mrs Dangerous and I are Praying for you.

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Some progress in the right direction today!

Hobbit update When to the leg doctor today..
    I saw the x rays {finally} I didn't realize the damage I had, basically everything from my knee to my ankle is metal..
    Metal plates top and bottom with a large metal rod connecting everything the bones are there in pieces, but healing in several places, as the surgeon said he put back together what he could..
    A large number of screws from top to bottom connecting everything. As he stated I had massive injuries not just to my leg..
    He also helped me with getting the neurosurgeon name and ordered a follow up for this..The spinal injury is the one issue causing me the most concern..With the surgeon's help today on this there will be a follow up now .
    I am healing very well , better then expected on my leg..The surgeon was very pleased, we hobbits tend to heal quickly, A blessing from Our Lord..Thanks be to God..
    I am Very Grateful to finally see a doctor, and get some help on other issues too..
    I am Grateful to finally have some news, until now I have not seen a doctor, since I left the hospital many weeks ago and came to this terrible place..I have copies of all his orders and can push to see this is done..
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Yes! Fantastic news. I'm really glad to see some progress, and I bet Hobbit is 100 times as glad.

Keep your chin up Owen.

Cheers,

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I feel terrible today......Damn..Have not felt this bad in many weeks..Didn't help I din't get any of my meds on time. Have a new nurse, and she didn't know I had been moved fro 315 to 307 room.

So she took it for granted I wasn't here.WOW!! Still they have not changed this here to let the new nurses know what room I am in, Wecome to hell another lost soul no one can find..

Our thoughts are with you, keep up the fight.

for those who missed it!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Quote Originally Posted by HouseHobbit View Post
    I feel terrible today......Damn..Have not felt this bad in many weeks..Didn't help I din't get any of my meds on time. Have a new nurse, and she didn't know I had been moved fro 315 to 307 room.

So she took it for granted I wasn't here.WOW!! Still they have not changed this here to let the new nurses know what room I am in, Wecome to hell another lost soul no one can find..
    Jeez, don't you have a call button ? Ring and tell them! Don't just suffer in silence, you know when you should get your meds!
    Sue

Hobbit

Will someone get the man a whistle so he can be heard,never thought this would happen in a country like America!

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Thank You To ALL, it has been a true struggle, I will remain hopeful, and keep fighting.
    Many Have shown me wonderful kindness, and support here with my Brothers and Sisters in Our SOH family
    I amd deeply touched abs VERY GRATEFUL.
    God Bless each of you, and i shall hold all here in my Heart and prayers

Today's news

Hobbit News:
    I have some Good news I have Medicade, seems I ha had this for weeks..I am awaiting a level of care need from the Area council of the aging.. number is all.Another level of Red tape..Not sure what this is about. Within a week I shall Be moved to another rehab facility..Where I will get the rehab I need..
    Finally some good news..Was up most of the night pain level too great to sleep..Great pain in my arms so typing is very hard.
    Thanks be to God, I will be moved from this place soon..I am very grateful to hear this..Finally to get better care and perhaps even see a doctor finally..WOW!!
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Fantastic news - good one, Owen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

More retaliation for trying to look out for his own interests.

I now have a room mate, a heroin addict, over half the people here are court ordered drug addicts..This shall be interesting, my lawyer was here asking questions and I think that they have decided to make my stay here even more interesting.. Normally they keep the addicts separated from those who are here for other reasons..I asked for a private room and was turned down, no reason given.. But since my lawyer was asking questions I have noticed a change in my treatment from some here.I was told today all rehab treatment for me has been canceled for at least the next two days..Because of the Blood clot issues, this has been a on/off thing for weeks and still no ultra sound to be sure has been ordered.. If I survive this place I am sure I can survive anything.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Members who have read this thread: 7