******attn prayers and help needed for one of our own***** - Page 8
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: ******attn prayers and help needed for one of our own*****

Back from one and a half week in England, thanks for all the updates.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

More news from Hobbit.

I may have someone to be my caregiver One of my surrogate daughters is back.. Nay Nay my sister is very pleased also.
    Theresa Stamper, will be there for me when I am released in a month. It is wild, I once cared for Her when needed and now 15 years later I guess the tables have turned Last December she took me to a concert in Columbus, and we had a wonderful time now she can help me recover and have a safe place for her again..I guess finally I have someone who I have helped to help me ..WOW!!
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

That sounds more promising: thanks Andy!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

More good news from Hobbit.

I GOT TO SEE MY BABY!!!!!
    Big Tim picked Her up today from the Harley shop for me and brought Her to me!!!
    It was wonderful!!! And Scooterbike will run again!!
    The damage isn't something that I can't fix, not a problem!!
    The frame isn't damaged and the damage on Her is just items that can be replaced without a problem..
    It truly made my day Heck made my year..
    With some TLC and a few trips to swap meets I can do this.
    I gave her the once over, and found my blood on the front cylinder that hit me hard..
    But at least Scooterbike did save me, now I will save Her..
    Thanks be to GOD!! Hobbit and Scooterbike reunited
    They moved the heroin addict out of my room today..He caused a big uproar yesterday so they moved him to a room where they can keep a eye om him.. Normally those folks aren't mixed in the physically injured patients rooms..So a Hobbit can now rest at night again somewhat anyway..
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Fantastic! I hope the good news keeps coming Hobbit.

Cheers,

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    I am learning, this has a lesson.. Not sure where to start. There is a hidden forgotten society..
    I am Blessed in wondrous ways. As I am learning many are not.
    There are people in places like where I am that have NO one. That are NOT cared for..
    My resources are rather limited, and heck I can't even walk or use my hands without Great pain, but Our Lord willing I will heal.
    And the amazing Blessings from many here at SOH are beyond anything I would have expected, the gofundme account for me is a example, and I and Grateful in a extreme and prayerful for all who have shown me this kindness..
    As I am learning there are many who are not Blessed as well as I am.
    There is a 100 year old black lady here who has not had a visit in decades, nor anyone to care. Just one of many.
    This is truly Heartbreaking to me..And there are so many more here and I am sure now in many other places like this that suffer alone.
    Someone needs to help, heck I am a poor man but rich in Blessings compared to many here..And even with my very limited resources I am determined to find a way to help.
    I am hopeful that a church or one of the pastors I know and work with will learn of these needs, and act. I am going to use whatever stings I can pull as I continue my walk in life to find a way.
    Yea that is a BIG statement, but this crazy Hobbit never has not held to my word.. I am not some Great Hero or saint, and I am limited by my resources..
    And still I will try..
    Yea, I sound like some soft-hearted fool to some perhaps but how we care for those who are less fortunate is what matters most by my faith in Christ as I have learned.
    I am truly blessed, even as I type with with Great pain, but so many more are not.
    I am Grateful for the love and Kindness My Brothers and Sisters Here at SOH have shown to me, and will try to pass this along even if in only as small way
    I just wanted to expose what I am learning to the many here that may not realize this.
    Hobbit rant, is over, Thank you ALL for your kindness and friendship here..

Icon9

Saint George! I haven't been on this forum in ages - long story, real life, etc. I wanted to invite the resident Hobbit here to the Wings Over Flanders Fields group at the Air Force Museum on Oct 1-2. And I find this!

God help and heal you friend; and if you are able and allowed to go anywhere at all in that time frame, 3 able men and true will be available to help - Me, my son, and my brother-in-law will attend.

I'll try and catch up on the thread; I have my mens' group meeting in the AM and you will be prayed for. I have some biker friends of faith as well, they will be sad to hear and happy to pray.

So, so sorry to hear this.
    Box: Win7 Pro 64 bit / I72600K @4.1 GHz / EVGA GTX580 OC'd / 16GB RAM / Corsair 240 GB SSD / WD 600 GB Velociraptor
    FS Stuff: Saitek X52 Pro Stick/Throttle & Combat Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5
    Sims: FSX Gold, REX 2.0 OD, UTX-NA, FSGenesis 10m mesh/ CFS3 ETO 1.40/ CFS3 OFF HiTR

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Human Drone View Post
    Saint George! I haven't been on this forum in ages - long story, real life, etc. I wanted to invite the resident Hobbit here to the Wings Over Flanders Fields group at the Air Force Museum on Oct 1-2. And I find this!

God help and heal you friend; and if you are able and allowed to go anywhere at all in that time frame, 3 able men and true will be available to help - Me, my son, and my brother-in-law will attend.

I'll try and catch up on the thread; I have my mens' group meeting in the AM and you will be prayed for. I have some biker friends of faith as well, they will be sad to hear and happy to pray.

So, so sorry to hear this.
    Thank You Very Much, I am very grateful for the invitation, If I could attend I would, I am sorry to say I am too badly injured still and there is no way I can do this.. Please let my brothers and sisters at the WOFF site know I shall return. I will keep all of you in My Prayers..

Keep holding tight Hobbit!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Owen..

Pleased to hear you're mending well,and also happy to hear scooterbikes gonna be ok..personally I have an rd350lc that has been wrote off at least twice (and resurrected as many times..) and know exactly how you would feel after viewing the mess for the first time..best wishes mate..

cheers!,jason..

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    550am Another day in the house of pain, there is a pattern if I can get a pain med at around midnight this means I can rest for about 5 hours before the pain awakens me and I must begin the quest for for the hard to find pain meds.. then another hour of intense pain before they start to have any effect, The pain meds usually cut the pain in about half..So since I have been here I have never been completely pain free,, I was pain free while in the hospital, but seems it was decided to half the amount of pain meds when I got here,, It is wearing me down I admit this, been depressed at times, I battle this, not giving in and I remain prayerful that our Lord in His loving kindness may yet heal the spinal injury in time if I am worthy of this Blessing from Him..If not, I will a least at least know where I stand with our Lord..God Bless all this day whom love and care for me..And Thank You all for this kindness..

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Sorry for your pains. Hope things will get better for you. Your in my prayers.

You must see the end of the tunnel so far from you, as if all this pain would never end
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

One of my favorite lines from the bible is " and it came to pass ". Thinking that "this too, shall pass", has kept me going many times. Hang in there Hobbit, there's a lot of people praying for you. You are not alone, and not forgotten.
    Sue

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Unbelievable!!!! I just got a ultrasound finally for the blood clots They scanned my left leg..But the blood clots are in my Right Leg, Yea they scanned the wrong leg..Welcome to happy haven..Only here would scan the wrong Leg..

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Still alive and kicking, nothing much has changed for me. I do miss my Brothers and sisters here a SOH..
    God bless eac of you for your kindness.A friend Kimmie, dropped this off for me to wear when i dash about in my wheelchair.
    It has been a big hit for the other patients here got several to laugh and smile..
    Yea a Hobbit is loose in his wheelchair and doing my best to make this better..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 14484808_10153963687568231_6758260395591932914_n.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by HouseHobbit View Post
    Unbelievable!!!! Only here would scan the wrong Leg..
    Clearly you have never experienced the NHS in the UK.

https://youtu.be/BMdlv_NPKHM

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    If it can go wrong it will.
    The insurance company has only offered 1900 for scooterbike, no where even enough to repair Her. And they take Her if I agree this this price
    And my lawyer told me that the person who caused this has only minimum insurance coverage, and after all the costs are for this are taken out, and the government gets their costs for the medical bills, I will still owe for medical bills..
    All the bills aren't in so I don't know how much I will owe in the end.
    So it looks like I m now in debt for 6 figures for something I wasn't at fault for.
    Welcome to America the one place in the world where a person can be Badly injured by another then lose everything because of it.
    Say a Prayer this never happens to anyone you love..

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    I hope you can get a good lawyer for all this.

Awefull system you have in USA

Even in a country like South Africa they have a Road Accident Fund that comes out of licences and it works,in the UK my son was knocked off his motorcycle and is in for s big payday as insurance is mandatory and at a high standard. Get well soon Owen,all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by alcanallen View Post
    Awefull system you have in USA
    Yes, unbeliveable...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    ****It is official, I m a double digit midget**
    The Doctor told me today He was amazed!! That he had NEVER seen anyone Heal as Quickly as I have and with NO scar..
    In a few weeks ( before the end of Oct.) I will be home..I will need a walker for several months. The next two weeks I will need to learn to stand and walk..And build up some strength in my injured leg..But I expect to leave here and return to my Hobbit Hole relativity quickly...
    Once Home I will still need much help and Home rehab..
    This is the first step to many more months of work on my part and many more Prayers..
    Praise be to GOD, may the glory be His.
    Keep praying and Thanks to ALL for their Prayers for this has Saved me Months of time..Of this I am convinced..
    Now to deal with the spinal injury and I shall be well, this injury has me most worried, and from this I have the Great pain in my arms..
    God willing, and prayerfully I hope for this part of the process..
    I still need more surgery for my facial and head injuries and may have more surgery for my spinal injuries..
    I am very Grateful that my badly injured leg is healing in such a amazing way. Thanks be to God.

And I am Grateful for the Kindness so many have shown to me with the Gofundme account, for I shall need this to survive on
    for the next year as I heal and face more surgery.
    Thanks very much for this wonderful Kindness many have shown to me..
    My words cannot express how this has touched my heart..
    God Bless each of you for this..

Great News Owen

You are an amazing specimen my lad,your recovery is astounding and your never say die spirit a lesson for all.
    When home i`m sure your close friends will rally round.
    Cheers,
    alcanallen.

Thanks for the update Owen!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Today's message from Hobbit

I took my first steps today with a walker Badly I will admit. I am very unsure and somewhat afraid right now..I admit this after all the pain and injuries I have suffered doing this is difficult, I walked from my Bed to the toilet and back..about 10 feet (3 meters) and I was very unsure, since my arms don't work well and I wasn't able to support myself well with them. I know in a week this will not be a problem with my leg, But using my arms because of the spinal injury is a whole different problem.. I will get more able the next few days and gain some confidence, Not giving in or up now, been a great effort just to get to this point, so onward and upward.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Members who have read this thread: 7