Some C-47 V3 Feedback
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Some C-47 V3 Feedback

Some C-47 V3 Feedback

First of all, a huge well done to all involved - what an enormous effort it must have been. Thank you !

I thought I would post this as a separate thread, in case it got lost in the release announcement sticky above.

The A.I. seems to indicate the aircraft is flying nose down when in fact it's flying level. And when the wings of the aircraft symbol correspond with the horizon bar, which would normally indicate level flight, the aircraft attitude is pitched up by about 10 to 15 degrees.

One for the to-do list ?

A bit from me too..

External engine sounds not 'letting go' all the time requiring the throttles to be increased then cut to disengage (eg.. approach sounds to idle). Not an uncommon problem in FSX.

Nothing happening from door '3' on the overhead control panel (shift+4). Maybe this ejects para's.. not got that far yet!!

Slight 'peppering' around the base of some control knobs (those on the inop Sperry and DG).. like the black is too black (my screen res is 1920x1080 native).

Small points all Absolutely LOVE the shift+4. When I first saw it on the C-97, I thought it was one of the best sim panels I'd seen and being au fait with it on that model.. I was able to jump into the C-47 and be 'in control' without physically having to learn/find switches/positions e t c. OK.. most simmers are reasonably familiar with the DC-3 including me but the shift+4 control panel gives us 'non-twiddlers' a sense of actually doing the flicking without actually doing it. Top job
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    First of all, a huge well done to all involved - what an enormous effort it must have been. Thank you !

I thought I would post this as a separate thread, in case it got lost in the release announcement sticky above.

The A.I. seems to indicate the aircraft is flying nose down when in fact it's flying level. And when the wings of the aircraft symbol correspond with the horizon bar, which would normally indicate level flight, the aircraft attitude is pitched up by about 10 to 15 degrees.

One for the to-do list ?
    Use the attitude adjustment knob to move the aircraft symbol up or down to reference level flight. This is done in real aircraft as well.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post

External engine sounds not 'letting go' all the time requiring the throttles to be increased then cut to disengage (eg.. approach sounds to idle). Not an uncommon problem in FSX.

Nothing happening from door '3' on the overhead control panel (shift+4). Maybe this ejects para's.. not got that far yet!!
    Hmmmm...there were no sound issues for any of the beta testers like you describe. Always smooth response to throttle. What you may be noticing is the way the engine sounds have been synced to the prop, a bit unusual for FSX aircraft. In most planes in FSX with variable speed props, changing the throttle will result in a large change in engine sound which is unrealistic since unless the props have also been adjusted to change engine rpm. The team worked hard on matching engine sounds to RPM and throttle in this version.

Door 4 is the para door.

Question (slight repost)

One quick question though.... my view keys are all wacky.

I use F9 for Virtual Cockpit, F10 for Tower View, F11 is Locked Spot, and because F12 is used for frame grab photographs in Steam, I have reassigned Top Down to F8.

Am I the only one having this problem? What parameter controls these view assignments? How do I reassign them so I can have my familiar view presets? Is it camera views? I have never done this before so I'd appreciate a little guidance. I am using the paid version of FSUIPC4 if that makes a difference.

Thanks again to all who contributed to this project. It has exceeded my expectations.

Regards,
    Obie

Okey dokey.

Props were at 80% where they'd been for the majority of the flight. Landed and taxied to a stop and the external sounds were still some way above idle.. more like approach. Opened the throttles while stopped then cut them and the sounds went to idle. As I said.. no biggie. This isn't the first and I'm sure it won't be the last time this happens.

Yup.. I'd noticed door 4 was the para door. Clicking door 3 shows nothing visible happening.
    ATB
    DaveB

I know beta models will have issues but in general, issues so far seem mostly trivial & not glaring which will all be sorted in due time. The only thing I'm having an issue with that sticks out is that the few metal/gloss finished repaints I'm using seem dull/matte for whatever reason compared to photos of the original repaint. I am guessing that may have to do with certain properties in the model file?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No Paratroopers

I would also like to add my many thanks and appreciation for all the work that went into bringing this project to life. Like my fellow virtual aviators I have experienced a glitch. In flying the paratrooper version all I get are black squares jumping out of the plane. I even read the read me and the Tech manual but no joy. The audio is there. the leave the plane and float down. Jusy black squares. Can anyone help me here. The op system 8.1 and it is being run in FSXA. Thanks.

@DaveB...Since you mention this happens with other aircraft, I wonder if this might be something particular to your install. As I said, this is not something any of the beta testers have experienced, and I can't say I've experienced it with any other aircraft either in FSX or P3D. I have LOTS of addon aircraft. Not sure...

I've never particularly messed with door 3 myself, so have nothing constructive for you there. Doors 1 and 2 (and the steps) are all I usually use (since I don't do the paratrooper thing either). Sorry not to be able to be of help there. Perhaps door 3 is skin dependent?

@Obie...There are a lot of new camera views added to this model, more than usual. Perhaps that has led to your usual keys not being available for the default views to which you've assigned them. I'm afraid I can't help you more on how to modify that, but perhaps someone else will come along who can help on that.

@HarleyDude...sorry, paratrooper textures got omitted from the release pack. Get them here: http://sectionf8.com/f86files/mj_dc3vc/c47_paratext.zip

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I know beta models will have issues but in general, issues so far seem mostly trivial & not glaring which will all be sorted in due time. The only thing I'm having an issue with that sticks out is that the few metal/gloss finished repaints I'm using seem dull/matte for whatever reason compared to photos of the original repaint. I am guessing that may have to do with certain properties in the model file?
    I have that with one of Hani's repaints (Delta Airlines) and it appears it's due to there not being any speculars included with the download. I also downloaded his American Airlines livery, which has speculars included and it looks awesome. One thing as well is that I'm using them in P3D_V3.3, which may be a contributor as well.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Before I mention the little issues below, I want to say Thanks and Great Job, again. This panel and sound are just dripping atmosphere.

Now a couple of minor issues I noticed.

1) The window in the altimeter does not seem to match the barometric pressure. If I adjust the window to the pressure announced by ATIS and then press "B" the needles and window move significantly and the window display does not match the ATIS pressure from the departure airport.

2) Using the Shift+2 panel, both the MAX fuel and NORMAL fuel loads both end up with all four tanks full.

3) The Com2 radio does not seem to work. Are there plans to make this available?

Thanks.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I have that with one of Hani's repaints (Delta Airlines) and it appears it's due to there not being any speculars included with the download. I also downloaded his American Airlines livery, which has speculars included and it looks awesome. One thing as well is that I'm using them in P3D_V3.3, which may be a contributor as well.
    I noted the lack of speculars as well but some of the metal skin repaints I am using included them and a GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds file but I'm still getting the dull look (using FSXA). Not sure what to make of it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I noted the lack of speculars as well but some of the metal skin repaints I am using included them and a GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds file but I'm still getting the dull look (using FSXA). Not sure what to make of it.
    I had something like that. Check the texture.cfg in the v.2 repaint and replace with the one in the EATS repaint and see if that works.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by billhuntsman View Post
    Before I mention the little issues below, I want to say Thanks and Great Job, again. This panel and sound are just dripping atmosphere.

Now a couple of minor issues I noticed.

1) The window in the altimeter does not seem to match the barometric pressure. If I adjust the window to the pressure announced by ATIS and then press "B" the needles and window move significantly and the window display does not match the ATIS pressure from the departure airport.

2) Using the Shift+2 panel, both the MAX fuel and NORMAL fuel loads both end up with all four tanks full.

3) The Com2 radio does not seem to work. Are there plans to make this available?

Thanks.

Bill
    1) this is a known issue. Being a bit recalcitrant, actually.

2) I'll note this for Jan.

3) Yes, Com2 is inop. It will be worked on for future update.

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    I had something like that. Check the texture.cfg in the v.2 repaint and replace with the one in the EATS repaint and see if that works.
    I already covered that, to no avail. I'm checking through things but the issue appears to be specific to this model.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Don't worry about the specular files guys. I'm uploading a package tomorrow with all of my updated bumps, specular, re-booted textures and the PK. I've had to wait until the server traffic eased up a bit.

For the next few hours you can use the specular files from the previous version. For a generic spec file, download one of my blank metal skins for the previous plane and poach the spec file from there.

When I upload the files tomorrow you can drop all of the enhanced files into the new airplane folder. Install readme will be in the kit.

I'm flying the current revision, same as the released version and my metal finishes are working as intended. Specular is working on this model. It is possible that early paints with bump maps or specular files not crated in the right format might have some display issues. My bump and spec files should address that but skins with dedicated spec files may need updating by the painter who created them.

Be advised gentlemen, the airplane is not currently enabled for P3D Dynamic Reflections. I pointed it out to Jan and it should be addressed in a later release.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by Obie311 View Post

I use F9 for Virtual Cockpit, F10 for Tower View, F11 is Locked Spot, and because F12 is used for frame grab photographs in Steam, I have reassigned Top Down to F8.

Obie
    I've noticed that too in addons with many camera angles... The A2A birds come to mind... Argh. Probably could delete the camera angles in the aircraft.cfg. I'd recommend though, just copying the .cfg and renaming to something like .bak then deleting the cameras (this way you have a backup copy of the cameras)
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

What more can you ask for, Photo Real cockpit and Photo Real Mount Cook Scenery

Am I the only one having this problem? What parameter controls these view assignments? How do I reassign them so I can have my familiar view presets? Is it camera views? I have never done this before so I'd appreciate a little guidance. I am using the paid version of FSUIPC4 if that makes a difference.

Thanks again to all who contributed to this project. It has exceeded my expectations.

Regards,
    Obie
    I just copied the V2 "Cameraview" entries into the V3 aircraft.cfg file while placing a "//" before all of the V3 "Cameraview" entries. Seems to work just fine for me. Now I have F11 and F12 external views back.

Cheers,
    Tim.

.... and because F12 is used for frame grab photographs in Steam ....
    Use Scroll Lock for Steam's screens

Quote Originally Posted by High Iron View Post
    Use the attitude adjustment knob to move the aircraft symbol up or down to reference level flight. This is done in real aircraft as well.

Cheers
    I couldn't even see that knob until the tool tip came up. Thank you very much, High Iron.

Another minor issue - some of the switch animations on the control box to the left of the pilots arm rest don't work. ADF and VOR 2 for example.

I've flown this thing for about 45 minutes and it might just be my favourite vintage prop ever. Absolutely wonderful.

Query on panel textures...

I'm loving the V3 cockpit but have one (small) query. On my panel the clock, AI, Gyro Compass, Auto-pilot and fuel gauge (last one not visible in this shot) are all a paler shade than the surrounding panel. (see below) It's different to how the panel looks in Ian Warren's shots above, so I'm guessing its a video setting of mine. Any ideas anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by johnwillimas2 View Post
    I'm loving the V3 cockpit but have one (small) query. On my panel the clock, AI, Gyro Compass, Auto-pilot and fuel gauge (last one not visible in this shot) are all a paler shade than the surrounding panel. (see below) It's different to how the panel looks in Ian Warren's shots above, so I'm guessing its a video setting of mine. Any ideas anyone?

Check your cockpit lights to see if they're on. It was mentioned in the release thread I believe.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Check your cockpit lights to see if they're on. It was mentioned in the release thread I believe.
    Yepp, that's the problem solved. I must have missed that. Many thanks.

FIRST- ONE MORE THANK-YOU TO THE TEAM- BRILLIANT RELEASE!

Jan et al-

Could you please consider slowing down electric elevator trim application to about 1/2 of what it is now... getting closer to hand trim wheel application rates?

When the Altimeter issue is worked on, could a tool-tip pop-up be added so that the reading is easier seen, and perhaps add a Hectopascal equivalent to the pop-up as well? This old gal has me doing a lot of "Kestrel & Kittyhawk" flights .

Loving all the sounds, creaks, groans and shakes.

Ta!

C

Members who have read this thread: 0