Some C-47 V3 Feedback - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Some C-47 V3 Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    I too would like to see further development of this wonderful aircraft. Move it up to passenger model with proper interior. I would also like to see a 28/32 passenger version that includes a Viewmaster version.
    Ditto .....afterall half the paints I've done are actually 16 window or Viewmasters ....

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    We had this discussion in the alpha\beta testing stage.
    The answer seemed to be that all the known real aircraft did not have a sound
    that played when the switches were moved but instead, lights were switched on
    and off in the passenger cabin.
    That said, there are so many versions of the DC3 and C47 that adding a sound
    may well reflect what some operator or other has added for their own purposes.
    Been in a lot of DC3/C47's in my time, none had chimes in the cockpit. The switch was to illuminate the signs usually on the forward cabin bulkhead. Reason for no chimes? The signs on and off were part of your checklist items and unless in really clear weather you generally left them on.

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Jan et al- Would it be possible to provide some insight into the continued development of v3, in particular Alex Metzger's revisit to the flight model? It would be much appreciated! This aeroplane enthralls in much the same way as her real life counterpart.
    Ta!
    C
    Well, i can't speak for Alexander of course and i am not sure about any updates regarding the flight model at this moment. Daniel and Manfred are working on a much more sophisticated Audible Checklist (totally amazing if you ask me! ) and currently i am trying to lite up the cockpit so to speak. Going quite well but it's not like it's an overnight job...

Now, on the matter of passenger service, very much looking forward to that myself. I will see to that the C-47 gets a more or less genuine DC-3 outfit, in the first place sporting the short air-intakes and dress up the cabin with a few rows of pax seats. Maybe possibly do away with the astrodome and replace the glider-tow tail with the original pointy tail.

Please do not ask for cabin windows and pax/cargo door configurations for the time being. I might look into that later as well as extending the VVC towards the cabin.

Cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Please do not ask for cabin windows and pax/cargo door configurations for the time being.

Cheers,
    Jan
    OK....just let us know when we can ask for them....

Jan-

The peek behind the curtain is appreciated! I can only imagine the work involved as programming is far beyond me.

Thanks to you and the TEAM!

Best- Carl

Well, i can't speak for Alexander of course and i am not sure about any updates regarding the flight model at this moment. Daniel and Manfred are working on a much more sophisticated Audible Checklist (totally amazing if you ask me! ) and currently i am trying to lite up the cockpit so to speak. Going quite well but it's not like it's an overnight job...

Now, on the matter of passenger service, very much looking forward to that myself. I will see to that the C-47 gets a more or less genuine DC-3 outfit, in the first place sporting the short air-intakes and dress up the cabin with a few rows of pax seats. Maybe possibly do away with the astrodome and replace the glider-tow tail with the original pointy tail.

Please do not ask for cabin windows and pax/cargo door configurations for the time being. I might look into that later as well as extending the VVC towards the cabin.

Cheers,
    Jan

.............. currently i am trying to lite up the cockpit so to speak. Going quite well but it's not like it's an overnight job...

Cheers,
    Jan
    Jan has someone who has grappled with the issues of VC lighting in portovers (and failed) I do not underestimate what a difficult task this and have plenty of patience so see how it all goes. As a matter of interest are you looking at guage lights and base night cabin light textures and I wont even mention the issue of shading. Keep up the good work it is appreciated.

Cowl Flaps

Before takeoff I click on the airplane icon (in the Monitor window) next to Cowls, for the Co-Pilot to control cowl flaps, and they open to trail (on the knobs) and usually show "8" in the Monitor. Then after I get to cruise (CHT well below 200 C) for awhile they still show "8"...so I again click on the icon and they will go down to 0 or 1. My understanding is that once I click on the icon, before takeoff, the co pilot should adjust the cowl flaps throughout the whole flight without having to click on the icon again.

Any one with any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Mixture

When I pull my mixture control full back the Monitor shows ".001-.273 0" and the Co-Pilot will not move on to the next checklist item until I use my mouse to scroll the mixture back to the Monitor showing ".000-.273 0" and then he will acknowledge "mixture off". I have recalibrated my throttle quadrant several times, even tried cheating by not quite pulling the mixture full back during calibration, and still get same result.

Would suggest letting the co-pilot consider a ".001-.273 0" as "mixture off".

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by triflyman View Post
    Before takeoff I click on the airplane icon (in the Monitor window) next to Cowls, for the Co-Pilot to control cowl flaps

the co pilot should adjust the cowl flaps throughout the whole flight without having to click on the icon again.
    Works for me, just click on it once during pre-flight, the co-pilot looks after it from then on and will adjust as needed. You can tell it's in co-pilot mode (auto) if the the number is highlighted. (brighter white)
    I turn on the F4 monitor window as soon as I'm in the cockpit and leave it on for the entire flight. There are other features that are very useful, such as auto trim, works the same as cowels, turn it on and feggedaboutit about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    Works for me, just click on it once during pre-flight, the co-pilot looks after it from then on and will adjust as needed. You can tell it's in co-pilot mode (auto) if the the number is highlighted. (brighter white)
    I turn on the F4 monitor window as soon as I'm in the cockpit and leave it on for the entire flight. There are other features that are very useful, such as auto trim, works the same as cowels, turn it on and feggedaboutit about it.
    Might be that I turn it on just after run-up (mag check) before take off. Never looked to see if it went bright. Next flight I'll try turning it on during pre-flight (before start) and see what it does.

Thanks,

Might be that I turn it on just after run-up (mag check) before take off.
    Should be on before you start the engines. On the ground, engines running, the co-pilot will have the cowl flaps open to about 8, as you take off and fly he will gradually decrease them to around 1.

Hi!
    First of all, let me say how much I love this bird! It is really a great addition to my FSX aircraft collection and as stated by many before, a lot of payware aircraft never reach the level of this C-47! Thank you!

Practicing a few inflight emergencies (just to be prepared), I noticed that I could not restart ENG #2 in flight. ENG #1 started ok - although not with the RW procedure, but that's ok for me at this stage. So, I was wondering, do I do something wrong? Is it just my bird or do others have the same issue? Or is it just done to the beta status? I couldn't find a restart procedure in the manual.

Best regards,

Seawing

Nothing intentional, no. It could be a height issue, but we need more data ... best show us the settings on the Shift-3 Control and Shift-4 Monitor panels. Then we'll try to replicate it.

Ok, actually from this morning's flight, it seems to be the same problem with both engine #1 and #2.
    Here are the pictures. Picture 1 is just after shutdown. Picture 2 is during the restart attempt (RPM never got above 400RPM). And picture 3 is on ground after a character building single engine landing ;-) and shows that the engine didn't even start on ground. Only after both engines were stopped and a complete reset was done (engines off, all systems off, battery off) both engines could be restarted.

Best regards,

Seawing

Okay, in order to restart go to the Control panel, the line that indicates FAIL on engine #1, the "prop" cell. Mid-click to "change unit" until you see "fth" for feather. L-click then and the failure condition will be removed and you can restart normally. Repeatedly pushing the feather button on the OH should also remove the failure condition indicated in the Control Panel.

Note that the Control panel has a failure color code advising you when things are starting to get pear-shaped. In your pic #1 "f/a" (fuel/air) ratio is shown red meaning immediate action required. The reason I believe is that you have Mixture Full Rich (=100) at 6,000 feet. Lower mixture manually or click "Mix" in Monitor panel for "set best", and things will revert to oK status (black). Same procedure basically for other failures. Especially watch out for things happening in the engine section of the Control panel.

Okay, thanks! I will try that out!

Best regards,

Seawing

Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    Should be on before you start the engines. On the ground, engines running, the co-pilot will have the cowl flaps open to about 8, as you take off and fly he will gradually decrease them to around 1.
    Did as you said and that seemed to work. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Note that the Control panel has a failure color code advising you when things are starting to get pear-shaped. In your pic #1 "f/a" (fuel/air) ratio is shown red meaning immediate action required. The reason I believe is that you have Mixture Full Rich (=100) at 6,000 feet.
    Checklist calls for Mixture to go to Full Rich and the Co-Pilot won't clear the item until this is done. Recently did some flights into airports that were >6,500 ft. and with the first two landings the engines died during roll-out...had to restart by pulling mixture back to 50% and keep at Auto-Rich while taxing in. Now, instead of going to Full Rich ,as instructed by the checklist, I put the mixture at Auto-Rich for all landings and tell the co-pilot to skip that item...then things are fine. I did notice that the manual says to go to Auto-Rich, not full rich, on final approach.

Appears the checklist needs to be corrected.

Agree, "Before Landing" checklist should have Mixture: Auto Rich rather than Full Rich. Thanks.

When I pull my mixture control full back the Monitor shows ".001-.273 0" and the Co-Pilot will not move on to the next checklist item until I use my mouse to scroll the mixture back to the Monitor showing ".000-.273 0" and then he will acknowledge "mixture off". I have recalibrated my throttle quadrant several times, even tried cheating by not quite pulling the mixture full back during calibration, and still get same result. Would suggest letting the co-pilot consider a ".001-.273 0" as "mixture off".
    Yup, another good point. In the next version we are going to have popup support for running through the checklist, and for pilot training items can be set directly from the list.

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Yup, another good point. In the next version we are going to have popup support for running through the checklist, and for pilot training items can be set directly from the list.

This would be fantastic...eliminate having to print out a Checklist for each flight plus it let's me stay in the Sim. Thank you.

There's already a good checklist you can access through the Control Panels. This is just continued work on improving it (and very nice improvements they are!).

changed position of centre of grafity

With the latest update of P3D (version 3.4) the position of the CG in aircraft has been changed. With the default setting for payload on the Control Panel (shift 2) the Trim TO xx) was set to 0. Now it is Trim (TO +3.1). I am right to understand that this number has to be adjusted in the next update of th C-47 V3?
    Roy

Let us have a look at your Shift-2 Status panel, Shift-3 Control, and Shift-4 Monitor. A suggested nonzero t/o trim does not sound strange to me; it's 0.0 that's rather unusual for t/o (though not impossible). Of course, zero trim is what your trim setting should be at the Before Starting stage. Anyway, try all of this again on a new flight, not a saved one. Let's see what your readouts show. Does it take off alright on trim +3.1?

Thanks for your reply. Yes, with default payload, +3.1 trim she takes off, but directly thereafter I need to trim to roundabout 0.0 for a 700ft/min climb. That's more of a difference then before updating to P3D 3.4. I am not a realtime pilot, so if this is normal, I will live with it.
    Roy

Members who have read this thread: 0