Some C-47 V3 Feedback - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Some C-47 V3 Feedback

About lighting: I have noticed that the "Cabin Light" switch works (VC Lights), but the "Instrument Panel lights" switch/knob is animated but no gauge lighting. I am sure that you guys are aware of it, but just wanted to clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    About lighting: I have noticed that the "Cabin Light" switch works (VC Lights), but the "Instrument Panel lights" switch/knob is animated but no gauge lighting. I am sure that you guys are aware of it, but just wanted to clarify.
    Page 7 in the manual states C-47 is certified for day time operations only in FSX. More info in the manual!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

My feedback is absolutely positive, I love this plane! Thanks again!
    I know that there are few limitations yet, but it is more than flyable. I love the sounds, they are real and comfortable. The flight dynamics were already excellent in the version 2, but now they seem to be a step above from before. I like very much how this bird lands on the wheels, also in the turbulence it behaves correctly I think, but this is just my feeling.
    In my opinion the checklist can be improved, but I need to be more confident with it, anyway you are free to use it or not.
    I realized a video on youtube, it starts with a heavy turbulence there, almost all details are maxed out and prepar3d is in a very good shape at this point:

Great model and cockpit, thanks. My friend that worked on these on the islands during the bomb test does not remember the large air tubes on each side and he said the pee tubes by the seats are missing - otherwise he is thrilled with the plane.

I am a night flyer and would hope to see some cockpit and gauge lighting in the future if possible.

Thanks again and I know how much work goes into something like this.

As has been said, work continues on this wonderful bird. All of the things mentioned in the last dozen or so threads - altimeter, switches on the audio box (and others), lighting, checklist - are on the to-do list (and mentioned in the manual). There are some nice features coming still to this beta version in addition to further corrections or completions. It's not finished, but in the meantime, you can enjoy flying this beauty.

Of course, if you spot an issue, and don't find it mentioned in the manual, sing out.

for what it's worth, I tried the "That's All Brother" repaint with V3 and it worked excellent.

Just my 2 cents worth....

I have noticed that there is no real difference between the F9 and F11 view keys...!? F10 is the left engine view which is great! F12 is the right engine view which is great too! But I do not understand F11 being the same as F9?

Could the outside locked spot view be added to the F11 key instead of having another interior view please? Or if someone knows which entry in the aircraft.cfg file I can change to get an lock spot view (rather than spending a lot of time hitting the A or S key) that would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Tim.
    Last edited by Timmy74; July 25th, 2016 at 01:40.

Another one....

I have noticed that the hot key for landing lights only turns of the port landing light but on the external view both go out!? So when doing the check list you need to switch the two off individually...!? However the Pitot switches move together but not the landing lights?

Cheers,
    Tim.

I see there's ony the one model at the moment. Are there plans to do the additional model that we have in V2? I ask, because my ZK-DAK ends up with the side-antennas that it didn't have in V2, making it look rather like the Heinkel He-219!

I'm still gob-smacked by V3!

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Like Adam, I would really love to see a version of this model without the antennas. And greedy as I sometimes am I would love to see a version with short air intakes, although I realise that this would cause many changes to the textures.

Cheers,
    Huub

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Like Adam, I would really love to see a version of this model without the antennas. And greedy as I sometimes am I would love to see a version with short air intakes, although I realise that this would cause many changes to the textures.
    Was wondering did the external mdl-file even change with V3? The internal (VC) is ofcourse new.
    Not at home so could not check.

Marcel

Hi Marcel,

So far I haven't been able to find any differences between the texturel lay-out of V2 and V3. However Tufuns radials are a nice improvement and I expect Gman's new paintkit can add even more to this model.
    But there is a significant difference between the V1 and v2/v3 version and I'm planning to re-work those as well.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Hi,

Was wondering did the external mdl-file even change with V3? The internal (VC) is ofcourse new.
    Not at home so could not check.

Marcel

Yes............there a smal changes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    Another one....I have noticed that the hot key for landing lights only turns of the port landing light but on the external view both go out!? So when doing the check list you need to switch the two off individually...!? However the Pitot switches move together but not the landing lights?Cheers,Tim.
    In order to make the two cockpit landing light switches work independently, one (the left) is coded for landing lights (there is only one coded light for both wings) and the other for taxi lights (which the plane doesn't have). So using keyboard for landing lights will only move the left switch. It's a little sleight of hand to allow the switches not to be ganged. Again, the pitot switches move together since there is no separate code for left and right pitot heat.

Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    In order to make the two cockpit landing light switches work independently, one (the left) is coded for landing lights (there is only one coded light for both wings) and the other for taxi lights (which the plane doesn't have). So using keyboard for landing lights will only move the left switch. It's a little sleight of hand to allow the switches not to be ganged. Again, the pitot switches move together since there is no separate code for left and right pitot heat.
    Message read and understood.

Cheers,
    Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    Just my 2 cents worth....

I have noticed that there is no real difference between the F9 and F11 view keys...!? F10 is the left engine view which is great! F12 is the right engine view which is great too! But I do not understand F11 being the same as F9?

Could the outside locked spot view be added to the F11 key instead of having another interior view please? Or if someone knows which entry in the aircraft.cfg file I can change to get an lock spot view (rather than spending a lot of time hitting the A or S key) that would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Tim.

I would also like to know how to change the F11 key to Outside Spot Locked.

Thanks.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    And greedy as I sometimes am I would love to see a version with short air intakes, although I realise that this would cause many changes to the textures.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Huub, there is a reason for the long and short intakes. C-47/DC-3s fitted with the short intakes are powered by Wright Cyclone engines whereas aircraft fitted with long intakes are powered by P&W engines. Because the P&W engines are twin row 14 cylinder this necessitated a longer cowling hence the longer intake.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Btw.

Sometimes I have TAIL WHEEL ..... twisted from the beginning .

Any idea why, I cant center its? It looks like a bug. On/off tail wheel = the same issue (P3Dv3).

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Accusim Yes or No?

Any views on whether to have Accusim ON or OFF for this model?
    I am undecided but have begin to discover that it is not a good idea on some sim models and actually messes them up. Guess there is only one way to find out!

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    I am undecided but have begin to discover that it is not a good idea on some sim models and actually messes them up. Guess there is only one way to find out!
    You, of course, mean Accu-Feel. Accusim is only available on the A2A aircraft. Accu-Feel is the addon for
    non-Accusim aircraft.

Paul

USS Dewey DLG-14, ET"C" School Treasure Island-Instructor, OASU/VX-8 Aircrewman

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post

ON

The tailwheel issue is not a bug. It's "twisted" because it is free castoring unless you have the tailwheel lock on, which you should once you are straight on the runway and ready for takeoff, but not when taxiing. In the shot you provide, a tailwheel will look just like that after turning the plane. Once you start moving, it will turn straight. It just follows the motion of the tail across the ground.

i don't think Accufeel causes any problems. Try it both ways and see which you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    The tailwheel issue is not a bug. It's "twisted" because it is free castoring unless you have the tailwheel lock on, which you should once you are straight on the runway and ready for takeoff, but not when taxiing. In the shot you provide, a tailwheel will look just like that after turning the plane. Once you start moving, it will turn straight. It just follows the motion of the tail across the ground.

i don't think Accufeel causes any problems. Try it both ways and see which you prefer.
    You have right but ..... the tailwheel wasn't blocked here and whole taxi/rolling/start it was in this postion - so it looks like issue.
    I'll check it again and back here with this info.

This kind of behavior You have in A2A T-6 Texan for example and no any problem here. When You start taxi and rolling the tailwheel backs to the center posiotion. It's normal. Ok I'll check it again.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yes, please do check again, as I have never had any problem with the tailwheel animation centering itself upon taxi. I've done a number of taxi tests in external view during beta testing.

Sometimes I have TAIL WHEEL ..... twisted from the beginning.

Hi, checked again.

Sorry but it looks like the issue or animation issue (P3Dv3) for me. Here the aircraft was in the move (taxi and take off). The tailwheel is again twisted in whole rolling and take off but in VC tailwheel was unlocked (OFF).
    When I reload aircraft (Menu>vehicle>choice again) is ok.

Members who have read this thread: 0