FSX Only Grumman Mallard G-73AT v1.0 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FSX Only Grumman Mallard G-73AT v1.0

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    Has anyone got it to work in P3D v2.5? I always get a CTD when I try to load it.
    Just FYI folks, we got @thefrog working in v2.5 for now.

The issue will be corrected in a maintenance release next week along with a few other minor issues.

EDIT: I just want to thank WND, falcon409, and thefrog for their help in testing and WND for discovering a working solution.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

After "sales" care and service you can't beat!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I have had some flights already on this beauty and can only congratulate the dev team, flies beautiful. I had been entertaining/type-rating myself alternating water and land touch-and-goes on an airfield beside the water.

Today I moved on to some purpose flying and loaded the Turbo Mallard in Quito (≃9000ft) for a hop over the Andes with a river in the Amazonas as our final destination.

As FSX loaded up, I shut down the engines in order to do a full start-up sequence. After re-starting on a 5% mixture, idle gases and props at 100%; both engines went straight to full power, well beyond what the brakes
    could hold.... Throttle levers on the cockpit moved according to my input, but no reaction on engine instruments.

Starting in the same way at sea level has the right-engine at max power for a while, but the aircraft still doesn´t go over its brakes.

¿Has anyone had any simmilar issue?

Ikewe,

Before starting, ensure that the throttles are at 0%, props full forward, and condition lever around 35-45% (ground idle).

The started logic sets the prop blades at flat pitch and holds them there throughout the start procedure.

Once both engines have started and settled, only then should you move the throttle levers.

The blades will stay flat pitch until you move the throttles beyond 5% or so.

If you move the throttles during the start process, then prop pitch will then go back to fine pitch and you will have forward thrust.

I just tested in FS9 and FSXA at 8500', 9300', and 9810' and had no issues.

The key here is to ensure you set the throttles at 0% and do not touch until both engines are started and settled.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: What sim are you running?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I read through the various posts of this thread, but didn't see mention of a version 1.1, but found this on Flightsim.com:

<center style="color: rgb(62, 62, 62); -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;">FSX - FSX Other Aircraft</center><center style="color: rgb(62, 62, 62); -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;">FSX Grumman Mallard G-73AT v1.1
    </center><center style="color: rgb(62, 62, 62); -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;">[ Download | View ]</center>
    Name: maltpx.zip
    Size: 92,720,437 Date: 07-26-2016 Downloads: 401

FSX Grumman Mallard G-73AT v1.1. Turboprop package includes custom model, panel and gauges, custom sounds, custom flight model, and four liveries. Includes missing Tripacer gauge. By Milton Shupe, Nigel Richards, Rachael Whiteford, Rui Cristina, William Ellis, Roman Stoviak.

[QUOTE=Navy Chief;1035453]I read through the various posts of this thread, but didn't see mention of a version 1.1, but found this on Flightsim.com:]

NC, I usually wait 3-5 days before posting to other sites. Any changes from the original release here at SOH are included.
    The 1.1 version added a missing gauge and deleted an unused gauge.

This and other changes will be included in the maintenance release next week.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

[QUOTE=Milton Shupe;1035455]
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I read through the various posts of this thread, but didn't see mention of a version 1.1, but found this on Flightsim.com:]

NC, I usually wait 3-5 days before posting to other sites. Any changes from the original release here at SOH are included.
    The 1.1 version added a missing gauge and deleted an unused gauge.

This and other changes will be included in the maintenance release next week.
    Thank you for the clarification, Milton, and your beautiful creation! Sorry for causing any confusion! NC

Milton and team. A very nice model and just when I was going to spend some time in the C-47 along comes another long sought after amphibian. No complaints in fact it seems you have finally overcome the turboprop ground behaviour issue and I only had to go to beta once on taxy out of Darwin this afternoon for a test jaunt and I really loved the Paspally colours as I used to see that aeroplane everyday when I was flying for a living in the NT some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Milton and team. A very nice model and just when I was going to spend some time in the C-47 along comes another long sought after amphibian. No complaints in fact it seems you have finally overcome the turboprop ground behaviour issue and I only had to go to beta once on taxy out of Darwin this afternoon for a test jaunt and I really loved the Paspally colours as I used to see that aeroplane everyday when I was flying for a living in the NT some time ago.
    BendyFlyer, on behalf of the team, thank you very much. That means a lot coming from a real world pilot. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

TP_Mallard_Paintkit

Uploaded to SOH Warbirds / Downloads section - available shortly:

Fully layered Photoshop paint kit.

The paintkit is in fully layered PSD format and comprises the three main files used for exterior texture variants. Please note: "eng0tp_t.Paintkit-1.1" should be used for both engines as they are exactly the same.
    This is NOT a rivet-counter's paint kit - if you wish to add additional detail, we'd love to see your creations.
    As my approach to dark and light surfaces differs, please use the relevantly labelled layer folders in the paint kit designated 'LIGHT' or 'DARK'accordingly. You will find the basic elements included for 'U.S. NAVY' and 'Globe' texture variants in addition to 'Paspaley Pearls' and 'Olympic Air'from the TP Grumman Mallard release packs.

I have included all 'paths' used in the original construction of the release textures - hopefully, you will find them useful.
    The basic 'Alpha' layer is a general purpose compromise - feel free to experiment with the values according to your desired results.

Have fun - ENJOY!
    Nigel Richards, 2016
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paintkit-pic.jpg  
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Thank you Nigel!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Thank you Nigel!
    It's a pleasure, Ed. :-)

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Thanks, Nigel ! One uploading shortly !

Joe

PS: you and Milton are 'da bomb' !
    Last edited by jmbiii; July 30th, 2016 at 13:56.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Thanks, Nigel ! One uploading shortly !

Joe

PS: you and Milton are 'da bomb' !
    Awe thanks Joe - just trying to keep our flying buddies happy. :-)

Looking forward to seeing your creations.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

The FSX Only Mallard v1.2 has just been uploaded. This corrects minor issues with the model, panel, sounds, and aircraft.cfg. It also uses DDS/DXT5 textures and a common texture folder to improve load times. Although we do not support P3D and the typical P3D version issues are present with this aircraft, it does correct the load problem with P3D 2.n according to beta tests.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4&linkid=21699
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PP.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Can't install

I am having trouble understanding how to install. When I download the referenced file it opens up into a folder with a lot of files, but I can't find the MallardTPX1.2 file.

It seems I am getting the wrong file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    I am having trouble understanding how to install. When I download the referenced file it opens up into a folder with a lot of files, but I can't find the MallardTPX1.2 file.

It seems I am getting the wrong file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom
    Tom,

See attached. Do you not see this folder?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails malpic.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Tom,

Hi Milton,

No when I download the file it appears to be opening to the expanded file.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    Hi Milton,

No when I download the file it appears to be opening to the expanded file.

Tom
    Tom,

When you unzip the downloaded file, you will see a MallardTPX folder.
    When you open that folder, your will see another MallardTPX folder.
    Open that and you will see the folder I posted above.
    The MallardTPX1.2 folder is the one you copy to FSX/Airplanes folder.

EDIT: See attached Folder View

Follow the simple installation instructions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2016-aug-4-004.jpg  
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; August 4th, 2016 at 11:30.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Tom,

When you unzip the downloaded file, you will see a MallardTPX folder.
    When you open that folder, your will see another MallardTPX folder.
    Open that and you will see the folder I posted above.
    The MallardTPX1.2 folder is the one you copy to FSX/Airplanes folder.

EDIT: See attached Folder View

Follow the simple installation instructions.
    When I download the listed file it opens 726 files none of which is a MallardTPX folder.

Sorry, but I am at a loss as to what is happening.

Tom

The FSX Only Mallard v1.2 has just been uploaded. This corrects minor issues with the model, panel, sounds, and aircraft.cfg. It also uses DDS/DXT5 textures and a common texture folder to improve load times. Although we do not support P3D and the typical P3D version issues are present with this aircraft, it does correct the load problem with P3D 2.n according to beta tests.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4&linkid=21699

Sorry if I'm getting confused, but when I download and install this aircraft (MallardTPX.zip), I find only a single tp.mdl in the model.tp folder. Does the lack of an interior model indicate that this is the port-over version as I thought FSX native aircraft have a external and an internal mdl file? Just wondering if I got the right version.

Tks
    Gerard

Tom,

Milton,

I found the problem. I was downloading from your thread that listed the new release and provided a download.
    As soon as I downloaded directly from the Warbirds library it installed correctly.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by borgfan View Post
    Sorry if I'm getting confused, but when I download and install this aircraft (MallardTPX.zip), I find only a single tp.mdl in the model.tp folder. Does the lack of an interior model indicate that this is the port-over version as I thought FSX native aircraft have a external and an internal mdl file? Just wondering if I got the right version.

Tks
    Gerard
    Gerard,

Sorry for the confusion. That was simply a Model replacement folder for the v.1.2 release to correct the "leak" in the model.
    I posted it so someone could test the fix. I will correct the v1.2 version in place and provide a separate model folder fix.

If you downloaded and installed the latest version, that Model folder may be used to replace the model in the latest release.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I have uploaded the official Model Folder FIX for the Mallard Turboprop. It applies to the latest v1.2 releases, FSX and FS9.

If you downloaded V.1.2 before now, this FIX applies to you.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...8&linkid=21707

I have also updated the original v1.2 release archives to incorporate the fix so if you have downloaded after this post, the FIX is already applied in your download.

The FIX corrects a Model see-thru leak you may notice if you zoom in closely from the front.

See attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 630919holes.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 0