Douglas_C-47_V3.12_Beta.zip

Thread: Douglas_C-47_V3.12_Beta.zip

Douglas_C-47_V3.12_Beta.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Civilian Props

Description: FSX/FSX-SE/P3D Douglas C-47R Skytrain V3.12 Beta. This is the next version following Manfred Jahn's popular Douglas C-47 Skytrain V2, now featuring a 'Vintage Virtual Cockpit' (VVC) developed by Jan Visser and friends, a genuine P&W R-1830 Twin Wasp soundsuite developed by Ted 'Tufun' Wolfgang as well as a fully fledged cockpit-soundsuite, crew communication and audible checklist developed by Daniel Gauthier. Also the flight dynamics have been updated by Alexander M. Metzger as well as some perfections done on the external model by Manfred. Check Spotlight Catalogue and Stratco Catalogue. Repaints available for the V2 model will still work with this new V3 model although with some restrictions. Look for a new, V3 dedicated C-47 Paintkit by Gordon '********' Madison ( MJJV C-47 Paintkit.zip ) and further information about using existing C-47 V2 repaints in the C-47 V3 release thread at the Sim-Outhouse FSX forum (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ral-Discussion).

Full credits are in the Manual as without the help of many volunteers the realisation of this 'VVC Project' would have been nipped in the bud.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Douglas_C-47_V3.12_Beta.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

A big thank you

this is an excellent addition to the sim fleet of DC3s. I am a pilot for www.dc3airways, and it is the talk of the town among our pilots. Now, I will see if our dca livery will fit. Thanks to Jan Visser and all involved.

Sherm
    dca662

A nice variation of the DC_3/C47. I did some research on those antennas and found out interesting info concerning the side mounted antennas on the nose:

The "Rebecca" system was mounted on the C-47 Skytrain. "Rebecca" was the receiver for the "Eureka" system that paratroopers used on the ground during an airborne landing. The PPN-1 or PPN-2 "Eureka" was a beacon that put out a signal for the C-47s to follow. Almost every C-47 that flew in Normandy and later had the AN-147 and AN-148 Antennas mounted on the nose for "Rebecca".

After reading the above, I get the impression that the AN-147/148 antennas were exclusive to the Army version of the C-47; not so much the civilian version (DC-3) as they weren't interested
    in using that kind of electronics that was developed for military use.

Just some info I wanted to share. It is different to see a DC-3 with "Whiskers"

Thanks.

My outside views are missing

Using FSX and I downloaded and installed this aircraft. I followed the instructions carefully and double checked before posting here.

When opening my FSX and loading this aircraft, I do not have any "outside" views of the aircraft for any of the variations. All that is visible is two wings with motors separated by a gap with sort of cockpit enclosure ahead of the wings.

What have I done wrong?

Thanks.

Mike

Opaque Windows

Quote Originally Posted by Rivervu42 View Post
    Using FSX and I downloaded and installed this aircraft. I followed the instructions carefully and double checked before posting here.

When opening my FSX and loading this aircraft, I do not have any "outside" views of the aircraft for any of the variations. All that is visible is two wings with motors separated by a gap with sort of cockpit enclosure ahead of the wings.

What have I done wrong?

Thanks.

Mike
    Hi Mike,

First, what you are talking about could be a problem as old as FSX and conversion of FS9 Aircraft to FSX. With that said, I have not had that problem with my download, nor have other pilots with whom I fly at DC3 Airways. So, my first suggestion is to redownload the program, using a Download Manager, many of which are free and can be found with a Google search. If that does not solve the problem, you might want to take a look at this and follow instructions, backing up any configs or files that you change, first.

https://www.microsoft.com/Products/G...intheRain.aspx.

Note that this link has links to two zip files, but the first one is a dead link. Scroll down to the second, labeled VCRainFix.EXE. Good luck.

Sherm

Thank you Sherm:

I have downloaded the file unzipped and installed as per the instructions a 2nd time with no change in the results.
    The readme.txt includes this instruction "Move the Douglas C-47R_V3.12 Beta folder either to your FSX or P3D Airplanes folder" . There is a difference to in the name of the Folder I unzipped.
    It is simply called Douglas_C-47_V3.12_Beta ....(NO R) .....I am not sure this would make a difference or not.

I am using Win10 with FSX and I have not tried to move aircraft from FS9 to FSX except for the PMDG B1900D which migrated with only minor visual issues.

I haven't decided yet to use your 2nd suggestion involving the VCRainFix.EXE. file as I am a little leery.

Thanks you for your reply. Appreciated

Mike

I just edited this post because I use EZdok and I believe that's causing the problem. Check Coles Specials and Big W Catalogue. However I have no idea how to correct the issue.

M
    Last edited by Rivervu42; September 20th, 2016 at 04:48.

Panel light

Hello, I just download this aircraft and looks and flies great!...I am trying to get the panel light to turn on but seem they are not working. does anyone else have this problem or is there a fix for the panel lighting?...I've use the Cabin lights but seem to obscure the gauges..
    Thank you, and once again, Great Plane!...

There is a cabin light switch on the upper panel, near the radio switch as i recall. The problem is that it illuminates the whole cabin, and creates a glare making it difficult to read the panel instruments. Supposedly, a proper panel light switch will be created, but it appears we will have to wait.

Sherm

There is no lighting for the panel yet.Read the manual it explains this and that the aircraft is for daylight use only.It tells you it is a BETA model.If you have not read the manual you are also missing the interactive voice checklist etc.

Cheers Chris

As I still fly this a/c often, I would ask if anyone knows of a PFPX profile for her? I do a lot of manual chart planning, but occasionally would love to jump in and go without spending half an hour with the cruise tables etc. Surely one of our brethren who is active with DCA etc has run across something that would work...? I know at "modern" weights it's not a critical exercise, but I would love to work in some high GW turn-arounds...

TIA- Carl

Members who have read this thread: 5