Mallard Turboprop Released for FS9 and FSX - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mallard Turboprop Released for FS9 and FSX

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    Good evening Milton,

I did so you saked me to put the mallards sound file on the Turbo Tracker.
    The engine one starts and run up without any problem, engine two runs up and beeep.
    I cutted off the engines and began the start sequence with engine two - Beeep.
    So on my humble opinion the copperworm must be in the sound file.hummmm!
    Nigel seems not to believe it. When I looked on the sounds folder the only sound which may correspond is "DashDe.wav",
    but this sound doesn't apear in the sound.cfg. I tried to delay it, verified that this sound is not in the fs\sound folder and Beep.
    I made a test flight in which at good altitude I cutted off the engine two and no more beep after the oil pressure of engine two has fallen total down.
    As I have created a special test Turboprop Mallard we can make all the tests you want.
    On the one hand we can say as it works with the TP Tracker sound, let us stay there.
    On the other hand it will be sad not to be able the specific sounds Nigel did for the bird, and it interests me to find out what is bugging.

Yours
    Papi
    Papi,

Okay, it seems there may be a sound issue. Now we need to isolate which sound file.
    So, can you go through a binary search to isolate which file causes the issue by:
    1) Remove half the sounds to a Hold folder. Test
    2) If problem disappears, the issue is in the removed sounds, so put those sounds back in and remove the others.
    3) Now, remove half of those sounds and test.

Continue to isolate until you are down to 1 file. Of course there is a possibility that a combination of sounds are required to cause the issue.
    But, when you are down to one file left, remove it and put all the others back in the folder and test again to be sure the problem is gone.
    If so, we have our problem file.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

She's a real beauty. The textures on the exterior model are superb and the cockpit is very inviting, almost has that "new airplane smell". Cockpits are very well laid out, pop-up placement is very thoughtful of both 2D and VC views so as not to obscure view out the windshield or obstruct important instruments. Instrument navigation from the VC is a breeze. The sounds are very nicely executed, exquisite craftsmanship from "bow" to "stern" as it were. More importantly, the model flies as close to the real plane as per specs, of any I have ever seen for FS. Some of the best FDE work to date. She's definitely a keeper. Thanks to Milton and his team of engineers for all the time and effort taken to research, model, map, paint, add the sounds and those amazingly clear instrument panels, test and bring the Turbo Mallard as well as the original radial version to completion. I followed this project with Milton from the very beginning, it took a tremendous amount of work. My hat is off to you all.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Truly a beautiful aircraft, just superb!

Only problem I've had is getting add-on textures to show in the aircraft selection menu for some reason. I've added thousands of texture/repaints to other aircraft but have never had this problem.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    She's a real beauty. The textures on the exterior model are superb and the cockpit is very inviting, almost has that "new airplane smell". Cockpits are very well laid out, pop-up placement is very thoughtful of both 2D and VC views so as not to obscure view out the windshield or obstruct important instruments. Instrument navigation from the VC is a breeze. The sounds are very nicely executed, exquisite craftsmanship from "bow" to "stern" as it were. More importantly, the model flies as close to the real plane as per specs, of any I have ever seen for FS. Some of the best FDE work to date. She's definitely a keeper. Thanks to Milton and his team of engineers for all the time and effort taken to research, model, map, paint, add the sounds and those amazingly clear instrument panels, test and bring the Turbo Mallard as well as the original radial version to completion. I followed this project with Milton from the very beginning, it took a tremendous amount of work. My hat is off to you all.

BB686
    Thank you Tom. There was a lot of talent involved in both models. The project took wings when Firekitten did a very nice paint kit for the radial version. It again was enriched by Manecas and his eye for details and talent for doing those awesome interior textures for the Classic and modern versions. That included some very nice window treatment, radial VC work, wheels, and details spread around with subtlety. Manecas also inspired many improvements that would not have been done otherwise.

For the turboprop, Nigel was able to return and contribute heavily to the cockpit textures including some gauge textures, sounds, and exterior paint kit and liveries.

Spokes2112 solved a lot of issues for me and made massive improvements in custom animations, new and modified gauges, and logic.

Through it all, Wellis painted his heart out for both versions, with FS9 and FSX getting their own texture sets. Once Nigel's PK was available for the turboprop, Wellis revisited all his work to enhance the exterior features for both sims.

The beta test team did an great job shaking out the majority of issues and a few enhancements were recommended.

In the end, this team successfully offered up a quality product for FS9 and FSX users. For that, I am most appreciative.

I will put out a maintenance release next week to resolve a few minor issues.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    Truly a beautiful aircraft, just superb!

Only problem I've had is getting add-on textures to show in the aircraft selection menu for some reason. I've added thousands of texture/repaints to other aircraft but have never had this problem.
    Can you post the Fltsim.x section for me?

Are these textures for FS9/FSX?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Just FYI on the sound issue, we have isolated (michaelvader) Papi's thanks to his problem determination help, and found a few other minor issues with sounds. That will be corrected in a maintenance release next week.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks Milton, they are for FS9. The paints supplied in the D/L are fine. Just the ones I add.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

I hope this view is better than those above.

Stoney,

I see no issues with the cfg sections.

Ensure that your texture folders are named properly/spelled properly.

EDIT: Just downloaded and installed the texture in question and they appear fine.

Attached are the fltsim sections I used.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hmmm... thanks for checking for me. I'll keep trying.

One last bump before I unstick this one due to age (seven days unless I miss one...)
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Hmmm... thanks for checking for me. I'll keep trying.
    Stoney, did you get your issue resolved?

@Tom Clayton: thank you Sir :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

There will be an FS9 maintenance release next week to correct a few minor issues with sounds, gauges, model, and aircraft.cfg. Nothing serious for FS9 but I want to put the issues to bed.
    If you do not consider the Mallard as a main "go to" ride, you could consider the updates optional.

For FSX, its update has more impact, uses DDS/DXT5 common folder setup textures, corrects sounds, gauges, model, and aircraft.cfg and loading issue for P3D v2.x.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

No by gosh! I have never had this problem before in any of my aircraft! All the add on skins in the radial version show up just fine. Re-D/Led the MallardTP and the same thing happens. Even stranger: I made a copy of the aircraft cfg and removed all of the original, (0-3) skins and renumbered the remaining add-on skins as 0 - 4. I placed this new cfg into the aircraft folder after moving the original aircraft cfg to a temp/hold folder. When I restarted FS9 and selected the MallardTP, only the ORIGINAL skins would show in the selection window and not the re-numbered ones in the new cfg!? Well and truly stumped. So I put the original cfg back in the aircraft folder and will now live with the fact that I cannot add new skins for some really bazar reason. This does not, in no way, detract from my enjoyment of a superb aircraft!
    Last edited by stoney; July 30th, 2016 at 14:03.

No by gosh! I have never had this problem before in any of my aircraft! All the add on skins in the radial version show up just fine. Re-D/Led the MallardTP and the same thing happens. Even stranger: I made a copy of the aircraft cfg and removed all of the original, (0-3) skins and renumbered the remaining add-on skins as 0 - 4. I placed this new cfg into the aircraft folder after moving the original aircraft cfg to a temp/hold folder. When I restarted FS9 and selected the MallardTP, only the ORIGINAL skins would show in the selection window and not the re-numbered ones in the new cfg!? Well and truly stumped. So I put the original cfg back in the aircraft folder and will now live with the fact that I cannot add new skins for some really bazar reason. This does not, in no way, detract from my enjoyment of a superb aircraft!
    Stoney, sounds like you have two copies of this aircraft folder in the sim and it is ignoring one of them.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

My thoughts as well, so I removed the whole TP folder and re-started. To see if would still show up in the AC selection. Nope! No TP showing now. I then did an exhausting folder be folder check of every aircraft in the sim and found no other TP, so... I mean it's weird!

Could it be a simple but hard to see typo in the texture folder name or the UI section of the Aircraft.cfg file?

Something like a comma instead of a period in the folder name, texture,whatever instead of texture.whatever

or [fltsim,X] instead of [fltsim.x]

or in either the cfg file or the folder name, a 1 instead of an l, or vise versa?

There's gotta be some reason why your sim isn't reading that UI section properly.

Thanks Mick, I did check every thing and could find no errors.

One final thought.

Make a copy of a UI section of a paint that shows up correctly. Paste it in at the end of the list in your aircraft.cfg file. Change the [fltsim.#] to the next number in sequence, make sure the model= line calls up the appropriate classic or modern model, edit the title= line, the texture= line, the variation= line and the atc_id= line. Make the edits to all those lines and no others, leaving everything else the same.

This will give you a section that looks like what you have now, but maybe it will have just have a tiny difference that's escaped your inspection.

Might work...

Thanks Mick, but no, no joy. It is the darndest thing I've ever seen!

Thanks Mick, but no, no joy. It is the darndest thing I've ever seen!
    Strange indeed Stoney.

I just released the upgraded versions to the library so you might go ahead and replace what you have with the new stuff. Maybe it will work better.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

V1.2 of the FS9 Only Mallard has just been uploaded. See the comments in the post.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...1&linkid=21700
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2011
    I mentioned in a previous post that there's always something in a Shupe Company release that grabs you, and won't let go.
    Anyone other than a flightsimmer would arch an eyebrow if you started yammering on about high-poly knobs, I'm sure.
    It's bringing me back and back to this model

I'm sure that the latest systems update will come just in time for me to tear myself away from gawping at the thing, and start noticing how it flies!
    Well done, and thanks, team.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    I mentioned in a previous post that there's always something in a Shupe Company release that grabs you, and won't let go.
    Anyone other than a flightsimmer would arch an eyebrow if you started yammering on about high-poly knobs, I'm sure.
    It's bringing me back and back to this model

I'm sure that the latest systems update will come just in time for me to tear myself away from gawping at the thing, and start noticing how it flies!
    Well done, and thanks, team.
    Well, thank you Sir. Being restricted by the FS9 limits, thankfully Nigel did his magic to make things look acceptably smart.

And there's a lot of work in those rocker switches, more than meets the eye, along with gobs of custom xml programming to light the animated ones.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2011
    See, if you didn't tell us, we'd never know what to be most impressed with!
    "High-poly knobs" just sounded so... professional

Question: two of the effects files are older than those I already have.

SP2112_Mallard_Start.fx
    SP2112_MALLARD_TRANSOM_DROP.fx

Intentional?
    And, I assume the readme in the "Effects" folder is more of a note to the team?

Members who have read this thread: 1