Mallard Turboprop Released for FS9 and FSX
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mallard Turboprop Released for FS9 and FSX

Mallard Turboprop Released for FS9 and FSX

The two Mallard Turboprop packages have been uploaded.

FS9: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rd-G-73AT-v1-0

FSX: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rd-G-73AT-v1-0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PA2.jpg   OLY1.jpg   pas1.jpg   WCA.jpg   ckpt2.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

This marks a very special achievement. My big thank you to all of the team who worked hard to make this possible!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Outstanding job by all. Texturing inside is phenominal, masterful even. Modeling inside and out is just awesome, as were the engine sounds. . .I would have expected nothing less from the talented team that produced this beauty. Well Done!

Actually placed it P3D_V3.3 and while some things were non-clickable as I expected, Engine controls and most everything on the overhead was clickable. No other problems I saw in that sim.
    Thanks to all involved. . .Great Job!
    Last edited by falcon409; July 22nd, 2016 at 08:39. Reason: switch faults posted in error.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Mallard Turboprop Released for FS9 and FSX sound Bip bip bii

Good morning Milton,

at first thank you a lot to you and your crew for this really superb bird.
    It is so fine that instead of other developers you do not forget and exclude all those who still fly with the good old FS2004 !
    Thank you again.
    Now a question: I presume that I do something wrong, when I have started the engines soon later there is a beep beep beep warning sound, also when txiing.
    I regulate the needed power with the throttles (in the cockpit the two long levers.
    This sound endures till I reach about 85% power. Later on descend and aproach the same phenomene when I have to reduce power. I read the checklist several times but did not found indices to my mistake.
    Or is the warning sound normal?

Yours
    Papi

Mallard Turboprop Released for FS9 and FSX warning sound

Hallo Milton, Nigel,

concerning the warning beep beep sound.
    I have experianced that this beep beep happens when I stard the starbord engine.
    On engine 1 no problems. But engine 2 has this warning beep beep all over the range from 10 to ca 85% power range.
    I hope we can find what is going wrong. Oups, also I have no sound hearing for the fuel pumps even the sound file is in the sound folder

yours
    papi

Papi,

Fuel Pump sound - Even though it's included in the sound folder and included in the sound.cfg it seems that FS9 does not support the [FUEL_PUMP] entry according to the FS9 SDK. The sounds are shared between the fs9 & fsx release.

Do you happen to have an external program, module or other that would monitor autofeather status? The reason asking is that between 10 & 85% and 2 engines running is outside the autofeather armed range if autofeather is on. With only 1 engine running autofeather arming/complete system is not available. Does it also happen when you start engine #2 first, then #1? Or only with #2 running? We did not include any sound or programming of such a warning. I do not have any sounds that you're experiencing under the same conditions.

While testing your problems it was found that there is a bug in the FS9 ONLY release regarding the autofeather system (nothing related to your dilemma). Milton is away for a few days but the fix will be sent to him for final testing before a formal release fix.

Roman
    Roman

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    Hallo Milton, Nigel, concerning the warning beep beep sound. I have experianced that this beep beep happens when I stard the starbord engine. On engine 1 no problems. But engine 2 has this warning beep beep all over the range from 10 to ca 85% power range. I hope we can find what is going wrong. Oups, also I have no sound hearing for the fuel pumps even the sound file is in the sound folder yours papi
    Papi: Regarding the Fuel Pump sounds - Roman kindly answered correctly that this is unfortunately not facilitated in fs9. It is included for the benefit of FSX users only. I have no idea as to the "Beep" sounds you mention - the sounds have been extensively tested in both sims without Reports of such an issue. I can only suggest, like Roman, that this is due to some exterior source or parallel program.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Outstanding job by all. Texturing inside is phenominal, masterful even. Modeling inside and out is just awesome, as were the engine sounds. . .I would have expected nothing less from the talented team that produced this beauty. Well Done!

Actually placed it P3D_V3.3 and while some things were non-clickable as I expected, Engine controls and most everything on the overhead was clickable. No other problems I saw in that sim.
    Thanks to all involved. . .Great Job!
    Thanks for the very positive feedback, Ed - happy flying. :-)
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Mallard Turboprop Released for FS9 and FSX Warning Beep on

Good evening Roman and Nigel,

knowing how accurate your work are I presumed a fault from my side.
    In any way if I start engine 1 first or even engine 2, as soon as engine 2 starts I have this sound.
    I never had this before.
    At last I tried out some other sounds, and with the SOH Turbo Tracke sounds > no more problems.
    I tried also the autofeather switch, that changed nothing.
    I wonder which third programm would bug your fine bird?
    Attached is a fast repaint in my house colors

Yours
    Papi

Mallard Turboprop FS9 warning sound BEEP

Hallo friends,

Roman gave me an idea.
    I compared several turboprops I have in my collection.
    At last Itried the following catch22:
    I changed the entry
    defeathering_accumulators_available=1
    in the aircraft.cfg
    into
    defeathering_accumulators_available=0
    >> in normal flight all is allright now with the original sound file.
    Tomorrow I will test what happens with one engine fails in flight and I will feather the corresponding prop.
    Yours
    Papi

Mallard Turboprop Released for FS9 and FSX BEEP BEEP

grrrrr,
    the ennoying sound beeeep beeep is back!
    I really do no longer understand what happens. the only sound file that do not cause problems seems to be the one of the SOH Turbo Tracker.
    Yours
    Papi
    PS, now I will try out what sound my bed will have
    Good night

Papi,

Sorry that you are experiencing issues with this.

It sounds like a construction vehicle in reverse? ... and just as annoying?

The only beeps that come to mind is when the autopilot is turned off, or Marker beacons are passed.

Does the beep happen with AP on or off?

What Comm buttons are selected on the radio?

When the beeping occurs, turn off the AC Buss switch overhead. Does that stop it?

What is your reading for Oil Pressure during beeping?
    Are all Annunciator lights off?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Old lady duck on steroids

Milton and everyone who contributed to this a/c - thank you. You have captured the flowing lines of this amphibian to a 'T'. The conversion to turbo-prop enhances looks and performance. Flying a circuit in this work of love provides such satisfaction.

Great shame that Manfred never produced his DC-3 Turbo-prop conversion for FS2004 . . . .

Thanks to all again.

Mal

Quote Originally Posted by vonernsk View Post
    Milton and everyone who contributed to this a/c - thank you. You have captured the flowing lines of this amphibian to a 'T'. The conversion to turbo-prop enhances looks and performance. Flying a circuit in this work of love provides such satisfaction.

Great shame that Manfred never produced his DC-3 Turbo-prop conversion for FS2004 . . . .

Thanks to all again.

Mal
    Thank you Mal on behalf of the team. Their work was extraordinary throughout this project. We are honored to bring a little more joy to the community in this effort.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks to Milton et al for such a superb aircraft. you can't beat a good turboprop.

grrrrr,
    the ennoying sound beeeep beeep is back!
    I really do no longer understand what happens. the only sound file that do not cause problems seems to be the one of the SOH Turbo Tracker.
    Yours
    Papi
    PS, now I will try out what sound my bed will have
    Good night
    Papi,

It sure sounds the way you describe the beep that you are hearing a comm radio (ADF, DME, NAV2, NAV1).

Turn off all the buttons except Comm1 and test again.

Or go to a small airport that does not have Nav aids and test again.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

warning sounds

Milton,

they are off and I tested again over sea where no nav aids are

Papi

Milton,

they are off and I tested again over sea where no nav aids are

Papi
    And what were your results?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

beeep beep beeep

good morning Milton,
    of course the sound is still there.
    perhaps it might be an indication more > when the engine 2 fires up. the beeps are quiet loud nd in a frequence as the warning sound for
    a continious nav aid. with more power the sound gets a bit louder and the frequence gets highwer, than about from 40% percent on the sound frequence is going to be slower and les loud til reaching about 85% power and 74 psi oil pressure the sound is getting slower and nearly unaudible so it disaper when passing 85 % power and the oil pressure reaches 75 psi.
    what is interesting too is that the the oil pressure is growing with increasing the power, even on hot engine.
    Perhaps on american engines the system works a bit other. But on german engines the pressure is higher at the beginning and when the oil is hot the pressure is falling down a bit (as sme on my old motorbike,LOL) Cold oil is giving a bit more pressure than hot oil stream.
    The warning sound seems to be coupled with the oil pressure on our bird.
    yours
    Papi

good morning Milton,
    of course the sound is still there.
    perhaps it might be an indication more > when the engine 2 fires up. the beeps are quiet loud nd in a frequence as the warning sound for
    a continious nav aid. with more power the sound gets a bit louder and the frequence gets highwer, than about from 40% percent on the sound frequence is going to be slower and les loud til reaching about 85% power and 74 psi oil pressure the sound is getting slower and nearly unaudible so it disaper when passing 85 % power and the oil pressure reaches 75 psi.
    what is interesting too is that the the oil pressure is growing with increasing the power, even on hot engine.
    Perhaps on american engines the system works a bit other. But on german engines the pressure is higher at the beginning and when the oil is hot the pressure is falling down a bit (as sme on my old motorbike,LOL) Cold oil is giving a bit more pressure than hot oil stream.
    The warning sound seems to be coupled with the oil pressure on our bird.
    yours
    Papi
    Papi,

The oil pressure is linked simply to RPMs, not engine heat.

Since you are the only person reporting this kind of issue, I am suspecting an issue with the sound folder or a sound that is not liked by your system.

I have uploaded a replacement sound folder for you. Download, unzip and replace your sound folder with this one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3063rykek3...sound.zip?dl=0
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

sound problem

Good morning Milton,

I downloaded the sound from dropbox, installed it, tested it.
    Plof, as same as before.
    the engine 2 starts and aas soon it runs the sound apears with the same caracteristics as before.
    I do not have knowledge about making sounds. But there must be a significant differance between the Turbo Tracker sound and the Turbo Mallard sounds. Because with the tracker there is no problem.
    yours
    Papi

Ps I have uploaded the Air Brittany repaint for the Turbo Mallard

Good morning Milton,

I downloaded the sound from dropbox, installed it, tested it.
    Plof, as same as before.
    the engine 2 starts and aas soon it runs the sound apears with the same caracteristics as before.
    I do not have knowledge about making sounds. But there must be a significant differance between the Turbo Tracker sound and the Turbo Mallard sounds. Because with the tracker there is no problem.
    yours
    Papi

Ps I have uploaded the Air Brittany repaint for the Turbo Mallard
    Papi,

I went through each of the sounds in the sound folder listening carefully and could hear nothing that I thought would sound like the beep you are hearing.

Since this problem seem peculiar to your system, would you go through the folder listening to each sound to see if you can identify which file is causing it. That is the only way we can resolve this issue for you.

Thank you
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hallo Milton,

I almost did what you suggested me.
    There is a sound file in the Mallards sound folder that might be the basic sound for the beep "DashDe.wav".
    But curiously I do not see in the sound.cfg this sound used.
    I delated it from the sound folder but when starting the engine 2 the sound still remains.
    I specially downloaded some other turboprops. There is no one who causes this problem.
    Really mysterious.
    Yours
    Papi

Hallo Milton,

I almost did what you suggested me.
    There is a sound file in the Mallards sound folder that might be the basic sound for the beep "DashDe.wav".
    But curiously I do not see in the sound.cfg this sound used.
    I delated it from the sound folder but when starting the engine 2 the sound still remains.
    I specially downloaded some other turboprops. There is no one who causes this problem.
    Really mysterious.
    Yours
    Papi
    Papi,

Another test. Would you put the Mallard sound file with the S2Tracker to see if the beep remains. This may resolve whether it is aircraft caused or sound caused.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Good evening Milton,

I did so you saked me to put the mallards sound file on the Turbo Tracker.
    The engine one starts and run up without any problem, engine two runs up and beeep.
    I cutted off the engines and began the start sequence with engine two - Beeep.
    So on my humble opinion the copperworm must be in the sound file.hummmm!
    Nigel seems not to believe it. When I looked on the sounds folder the only sound which may correspond is "DashDe.wav",
    but this sound doesn't apear in the sound.cfg. I tried to delay it, verified that this sound is not in the fs\sound folder and Beep.
    I made a test flight in which at good altitude I cutted off the engine two and no more beep after the oil pressure of engine two has fallen total down.
    As I have created a special test Turboprop Mallard we can make all the tests you want.
    On the one hand we can say as it works with the TP Tracker sound, let us stay there.
    On the other hand it will be sad not to be able the specific sounds Nigel did for the bird, and it interests me to find out what is bugging.

Yours
    Papi

Members who have read this thread: 1