FSX Only Grumman Mallard G-73AT v1.0

Thread: FSX Only Grumman Mallard G-73AT v1.0

FSX Only Grumman Mallard G-73AT v1.0

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Civilian Props

Description: FSX Only Grumman Mallard G-73AT v1.0
    (There is an FS9 specific version available)
    Mallard Turboprop by Milton Shupe, Nigel Richards, Rachael Whiteford, Rui Cristina, William Ellis, Roman Stoviak

Pkg incl custom model, panel and gauges, custom sounds, custom Flight Model, and 4 liveries.

July 2016

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FSX Only Grumman Mallard G-73AT v1.0
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Textures refuse to load on my backup machine.

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Textures refuse to load on my backup machine.
    Which of your listed sims?

If FSX, DX10?

Do you have issues with DDS/DXT5 textures with common folder?

Screenshot?

Give me a little help here ...
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Microsoft Flight Simulator X. The original FSX Deluxe + Acceleration Gold Box.

As far as DirectX 10: Of course. I wasn't aware anyone still used 9. It just seems like an obsolete standard to me.

Settings: Maxed Out except for AI which is minimal with detail distance set to small. 1400x900 res with 8xCSAA and 16x AF. Normally running around 10-15FPS

Screenshots? Sure. I wasn't aware Pan Am used a matte white livery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ni31pm3.jpg   18LW8L4.jpg  

Microsoft Flight Simulator X. The original FSX Deluxe + Acceleration Gold Box.

As far as DirectX 10: Of course. I wasn't aware anyone still used 9. It just seems like an obsolete standard to me.

Settings: Maxed Out except for AI which is minimal with detail distance set to small. 1400x900 res with 8xCSAA and 16x AF. Normally running around 10-15FPS

Screenshots? Sure. I wasn't aware Pan Am used a matte white livery

Good idea to always provide info about your system "when" you are reporting problems.

I run FSXA using the obsolete standard DX9; runs great, no "matte" textures on my aircraft.

I was referring to DX10 Preview mode, an unfinished product with flaws even with the DX10 Fixer applied.

Obviously this FS9 port over aircraft is not up to your lofty standards Sir and it does not look, nor fly to suit your abilities or ego.

You may delete it from your system for over-speeding or over-stressing the aircraft with gear down.

Dang! 18 months of hard work down the drain.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Good idea to always provide info about your system "when" you are reporting problems.

I run FSXA using the obsolete standard DX9; runs great, no "matte" textures on my aircraft.

I was referring to DX10 Preview mode, an unfinished product with flaws even with the DX10 Fixer applied.

Obviously this FS9 port over aircraft is not up to your lofty standards Sir and it does not look, nor fly to suit your abilities or ego.

You may delete it from your system for over-speeding or over-stressing the aircraft with gear down.

Dang! 18 months of hard work down the drain.
    Perhaps you should read my signature where said backup machine is clearly listed (albeit with the old CPU).

Core2Duo E8400 @ 3GHZ, 4GB Crucial DDR2-1033, EVGA GTX 260SC Core216 896MB

I'll switch to DirectX9 and report back. My money is on the bug still being there and my performance being worse as it always is under 9

Ok, the textures load under DirectX9. My understanding is that the textures need to be converted to a DirectX10 compatible format. This is a fine plane you've made Milton but my system barely handles the better performing DirectX10 standard much less 9 which is slower.

Don't worry yourself though. I'm more than happy to do that myself. Literally all i need to do is run the files through a batch convert in XNVIEW. I just have to bring to mind which damned format it was that is suppose to work.

I could send you the files when I'm done should you like to use them. Given proper credit of course.

Ok, the textures load under DirectX9. My understanding is that the textures need to be converted to a DirectX10 compatible format. This is a fine plane you've made Milton but my system barely handles the better performing DirectX10 standard much less 9 which is slower.

Don't worry yourself though. I'm more than happy to do that myself. Literally all i need to do is run the files through a batch convert in XNVIEW. I just have to bring to mind which damned format it was that is suppose to work.
    Can't help there William unfortunately. I do know that my old system has absolutely no problems with frame rates with either the original release using 32-bit bmps or with DDS/DXT5 compression, although the latter loads faster due to smaller total texture loads. My system is near identical to yours; same video card too.

Hope that will resolve it for you.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi all
    I think we are all very fortunate to have such great designers of FREEWARE aircraft on this site - if we were were all perfect airman then the odd problem might be noteworthy but for me just getting airborne and staying there is accomplishment enough.
    Thanks Milton - keep up the great work.
    Warren (aspen31)

As a performance comparison, I've just thrown it onto my E8400, WinXP SP3 (32-bit), 4gig DDR2 ending on an Asus GTX560Ti (1gig), FSX ACC. No probs with FR's or texture loads at all. I don't use DX10 though.. only DX9.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    As a performance comparison, I've just thrown it onto my E8400, WinXP SP3 (32-bit), 4gig DDR2 ending on an Asus GTX560Ti (1gig), FSX ACC. No probs with FR's or texture loads at all. I don't use DX10 though.. only DX9.

ATB
    DaveB
    Am i the only one here who has the common sense to use the more modern of two (both technically obsolete) standards?

I doubt it William. I tried DX10 Preview and wasn't impressed by what it gave me so reverted back to clunky old DX9 which after all.. is what FSX is built around. It's not perfect but neither is DX10 Preview so when the dust has settled.. you choose which suits you best for both looks and performance. For me, this is DX9. For you.. it's DX10 Preview
    ATB
    DaveB

Milton,

I am a long time lover of your productions, under FSX Gold with DX10 preview and DX10SceneryFixer (I had a poor performing computer at the beginning...).

And I never had any problem of livery. This one does not make exception.

I take this opportunity to thank you and the SOH Team for your great productions .

Gérard

Thank you Gérard; we appreciate you saying that. It is great to see people can enjoy these aircraft without problems. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Am i the only one here who has the common sense to use the more modern of two (both technically obsolete) standards?
    I guess so William, that and the only person with Matte white textures. Go figure.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Actually, 'Common Sense' is not very common.......
    Try to be a little gracious when commenting on a free aircraft that has consumed uber hours of many volunteers leisure time.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I'm very surprised Willy has time to fly.....

He must be a very busy man, lots of us here must have sisters.

Jamie

For Chalk's fans..uploaded this afternoon :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N142PA-4.jpg   N142PA-5.jpg   N142PA-FS9.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by wellis View Post
    For Chalk's fans..uploaded this afternoon :-)
    Thank you Sir; I have been waiting for this one.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thank You!

I would like to thank Milton and everyone who has contributed to this plane. From the base plane to everyone who has contributed many nice liveries - Thank You!!! What a gorgeous aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolfee1 View Post
    I would like to thank Milton and everyone who has contributed to this plane. From the base plane to everyone who has contributed many nice liveries - Thank You!!! What a gorgeous aircraft.
    Thank you for the comments; we do appreciate them.

The Team:

Nigel Richards, Rachael Whiteford, Rui Cristina, William Ellis, Roman Stoviak

As always, there are many SOH members who contribute in many ways, and as beta test members.
    Special thanks to WND for his testing tenacity and persistence.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOMEUNIT-2016-jul-25-003.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Having read the above posts from William the "Breacher of Sisters" I come away with an observation. I experience "trolls" on other venues that I frequent but was surprised and disappointed to see someone of his ilk sniffing about here at SOH.

William's overly active sense of hubris and superiority stems from excessive consumption of Hot Pockets, delivered upon call by his mother to his basement apartment where William wiles away his hours engaged in bouts of fantasy and being perpetually un-interesting.

Mr. Shupe and team:

I've been flying the airplane in P3D 3.3.5 DX11 with no issues whatsoever, other than not having nearly enough time to enjoy this airplane.

Thank you again to the team for the wonderful, buggy, over speed, matte-white textured, technically inferior and flawed??? FREEWARE.
    Last edited by gman5250; August 28th, 2016 at 08:50.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Having read the above posts from William the "Breacher of Sisters" I come away with an observation. I experience "trolls" on other venues that I frequent but was surprised and disappointed to see someone of his ilk sniffing about here at SOH.

William's overly active sense of hubris and superiority stems from excessive consumption of Hot Pockets, delivered upon call by his mother to his basement apartment where William wiles away his hours engaged in bouts of fantasy and being perpetually un-interesting.

Mr. Shupe and team:

I've been flying the airplane in P3D 3.3.5 DX11 with no issues whatsoever, other than not having nearly enough time to enjoy this airplane.

Thank you again to the team for the wonderful, buggy, over speed, matte-white textured, technically inferior and flawed??? FREEWARE.
    Gordo- now THAT'S PLAIN (or plane) BRILLIANT!

Ta! Uncle Milty- I've been privileged to fly your stuff since FS2004... and remain obliged.

C

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Gordo- now THAT'S PLAIN (or plane) BRILLIANT!

Ta! Uncle Milty- I've been privileged to fly your stuff since FS2004... and remain obliged.

C
    LOL Guys

Life is tough, and then along comes "freeware".
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 1