Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released - Page 27
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released

Dave, one DC-3 I do like after the LC's .. hang on .. who dose not like any DC-3 superb work

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    A little modification.

Now to add TacPack...

just shut up and take my money (if you know what i mean)

AC-47 Questions

Awesome looking AC-47 !! What add-on(s) are required for installation and where can I find them?
    Is it for FSX-Acceleration?
    Thank you,
    Ken Boardman

The gunship is a personal mod by Dave Garwood. It isn't available for download (yet). The effect is an effect which came with a payware C-130 and can therefore not be distributed as freeware.

The model is based on Manfred Jahn's original model, which is why Dave needs his permission as well.

It might become available, but perhaps not.

The textures are done by ******** and available in the library:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...pooky-quot-zip

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    The gunship is a personal mod by Dave Garwood. It isn't available for download (yet). The effect is an effect which came with a payware C-130 and can therefore not be distributed as freeware.

The model is based on Manfred Jahn's original model, which is why Dave needs his permission as well.

It might become available, but perhaps not.

The textures are done by ******** and available in the library:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...pooky-quot-zip

Cheers,
    Huub
    Many thanks Huub. I've been flying the MAAM DC-3 for many years and still love it. Today I downloaded
    Mr. Visser and Mr. Jahn's new rendition and am looking very much forward to flying it. I've been a
    big fan of the AC-47 since the 60s ~ I've done several repaints of the FSX (port-over) MAAM DC-3 and
    C-47 models and even "looked at" creating a detailed AC-47 model / paint (with miniguns, etc.) but could
    never figure it out; so (for this newer version) the AC-47 model / paint is "icing on the cake".
    Best regards,
    Ken

If I can get permission, and find or create a different gun effect I'll release the mod. BTW, the paint shown is my own, not gmans.

Shared Cockpit

Is it possible to share the cockpit in the aircraft. You have the complete VC. If my friend and I both have the aircraft both in FSX-A is it possible through FSX Multiplayer-shared cockpit? Designer input inquired. Thanks.

If I can get permission, and find or create a different gun effect I'll release the mod. BTW, the paint shown is my own, not gmans.
    Superb camo paint job Dave. What color are the bottom of wings and belly. Many of the "Dragonships" were painted black on the underside much of the time because much of their
    action occurred after dark. It's hard to find good photos of the (black) underside but I've included a few links to illustrations (below).
    http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/d...otoID=11570991
    http://wclathan.com/images/big/Georg...raft/AC-47.jpg
    Best regards,
    Ken

Ken,

Like I already mentioned in my previous post and like Dave mentioned in his post, the repaint has been done by Gordon "********" Madison. So questions regarding this repaint should be addressed to him.

But I assume the lower surfaces are neutral grey in this repaint (see pictures below).

Cheers,
    Huub

War time pic, nickname Spooky.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

A little modification.

Now to add TacPack...
    Just found out I will be visiting Miramar Airshow next Saturday.

They will have the AC-47 "Spooky" on display

Looking forward to that day
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Gordons (gman) repaint has grey undersides, mine is black.

Sharing The Cockpit

Have any of you thought of sharing the cockpit in the C-47 V3? I think it would be fantastic with this fabulous VVC. I'm not asking to share but wanting to know if its possible? Has anyone tried it? I asked Jarvis and Tufun in PM's but they don't know if it can or not and suggested posting the question here.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Have any of you thought of sharing the cockpit in the C-47 V3? I think it would be fantastic with this fabulous VVC. I'm not asking to share but wanting to know if its possible? Has anyone tried it? I asked Jarvis and Tufun in PM's but they don't know if it can or not and suggested posting the question here.
    Tried it some time ago in FSX, it works!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aviator View Post
    Tried it some time ago in FSX, it works!

Thank you for the reply. Encouraging. I am going to try it myself this week and will post results with pics.

I have a little difficulty reading the data on the Control and Monitor panels. Found I can drag them to a larger size and then I put them on my 2nd screen during the flight. However, I believe I can change their size permanently in the config file...just don't know which numbers to change. Would appreciate if someone could give me some direction here to do that.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by triflyman View Post
    I have a little difficulty reading the data on the Control and Monitor panels. Found I can drag them to a larger size and then I put them on my 2nd screen during the flight. However, I believe I can change their size permanently in the config file...just don't know which numbers to change. Would appreciate if someone could give me some direction here to do that.

Thanks,
    1. Go to [your FSX root folder]\SimObjects\Airplanes\Douglas_C-47_V3.12_Beta\panel
    2. open panel.cfg (using notepad) and scroll down untill you see:

Code:
    [Window02]
    Background_color=0,0,0 
    size_mm=330,564 // 220,376     
    pixel_size=413,705 //275,470 
    position=0
    visible=0
    ident=10004
    type=SPECIAL

gauge00=C47!Control,  0,0,413,705 //0,0,275,470

//--------------------------------------------------------
    [Window03]
    Background_color=0,0,0 
    size_mm=1386,225 //924,150
    pixel_size=1386,225 //924,150 
    visible=1
    ident=10001
    //position=2
    window_pos= 0.60, 0.30
    type=special

gauge00=Monitor!mon, 0,0,1386,225 //0,0,924,150
    in this code I already multiplied the original values by 1.5 (orange values) which obviously makes the windows 1.5 times larger. You can try different factors to fit your needs.
    The original values are commented out (using '//').

Hope this helps.
    Regards,

Jasper
    Last edited by aviator; September 28th, 2016 at 04:02.

Quote Originally Posted by aviator View Post
    1. Go to [your FSX root folder]\SimObjects\Airplanes\Douglas_C-47_V3.12_Beta\panel
    2. open panel.cfg (using notepad) and scroll down untill you see:

Code:
    [Window02]
    Background_color=0,0,0 
    size_mm=330,564 // 220,376     
    pixel_size=413,705 //275,470 
    position=0
    visible=0
    ident=10004
    type=SPECIAL

gauge00=C47!Control,  0,0,413,705 //0,0,275,470

//--------------------------------------------------------
    [Window03]
    Background_color=0,0,0 
    size_mm=1386,225 //924,150
    pixel_size=1386,225 //924,150 
    visible=1
    ident=10001
    //position=2
    window_pos= 0.60, 0.30
    type=special

gauge00=Monitor!mon, 0,0,1386,225 //0,0,924,150
    in this code I already multiplied the original values by 1.5 (orange values) which obviously makes the windows 1.5 times larger. You can try different factors to fit your needs.
    The original values are commented out (using '//').

Hope this helps.
    Regards,

Jasper
    Thanks Jasper...that is much better. I went with 25% larger on the Control Panel and 25% wider with 50% taller on the monitor. Great help.

Douglas C-47 V3 Beta

I love this aircraft, well done. Any idea on the time frame for adding cockpit lighting? If or when complete, how will we be notified?

Future beta models and final models will be announced here, for sure. Work proceeds, and on a number of fronts. If possible to imagine, this plane is being made even more wonderful than it currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by gpf View Post
    I love this aircraft, well done. Any idea on the time frame for adding cockpit lighting? If or when complete, how will we be notified?
    We have to deal with a lovely FSX bug as described/showed here :

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1040345

We can have a combo of self-illumination and default fx vclighting to light up the VVC. Self-illumination works with seperate 'nightlight' texture bitmaps that can be used to simulate light coming from UV light lamps and/or spotlights:

Gauge dials are simulated to have radioluminiscent paint applied that doesn't need any additional light source.

The problem is with objects which have a bumpmap applied to their textures. Default fx vclighting can produce several colored ambient light sources but as soon as any of these vclight 'beams' touches a bumpmapped object it will result in what can be seen in the screenies of the linked post above. I still want to make use of this default fx vclighting so we are now working on a system that will use bumpmaps only for daylight. As soon as dusk comes in bumpmapped textures are replaced by non bumpmapped textures. This means a secondary set of objects that use bumpmaps of course (slightly reduced) but we can now have default ambient light as well.

Will take a while to realize but we're working on it and not only on that.

Once this first upgrade is available it will be notified here of course.

cheers,
    jan

Night lighting looks great so far! Am also looking forward to the VC lighting, keep up the excellent work.
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Bravo, well done. I look forward to your excellent work.

Members +
    Now, this looks like it could be fun. The Polair Tri-Trubo DC-3
    http://www.douglasdc3.com/polair/polair.htm

I would love this to complete our DC collection.

Members who have read this thread: 9